geoffroy's cat eating

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Very beautiful cat. Interesting to see. I've often wondered how cats eat mice and I wondered if they'd spare some parts, for example skipping the head or something. Surprises me that he let the cat go and eat it on the bed (?).

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol
he alos lives with other dozen of bengal in his apartment which locates in Gastown in downtown Vancouver
b4, he rent his cats an apartment on robson st.(yes, he doesn't live there, and it's in downtown), so i don't think eating on the bed is a big deal for him

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just to clarify a Bengal cat is a Asian leopard/domestic hybrid while the Geoffroys cat/domestic hybrid is called a Safari cat. ;)

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just to clarify a Bengal cat is a Asian leopard/domestic hybrid while the Geoffroys cat/domestic hybrid is called a Safari cat. ;)
not quite
through the bengal projevt, they had been adding other cats into the breeding program, such as the bristol breed, which was margay X omestic, not just ALCs
and Bengal is domestic, unless it's a fillial or foundation cat

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
An apartment for the cats? A renter that has over 12 with him and other apartment just for cats? That, my friend, is a collector. A home owner with an appropraite set up would be one thing, but your friend is walking on a line that includes neglect and irresponsibility. I am all for the raw meat diet for cats and dogs, so do not misunderstand my intentions here... my comment is not engendered by the video, but rather the information you included in your post. Be they Bengals or pixies or green cats with purple spurs, a renter keeping more than they can care for is not a good situation, no matter how cool the cats are.

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry i guess this comes to his personal privacy, and none of these are our biz
but one thing i am very sure is all his cats are in good homes and are all in good health
he is a certified bengal breeder by TICA
www.tagworld.com/seespots
and his cats are on raw as well

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LOL I thought Geoffroy was the owners name! :D

So it's a hybrid I get it.

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it's not a hybrid
it's Leopardus geoffroyi
well, isn't there lill google box on IE or other sofware these days?
or u're just joking?

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no
again it's not mine, and geoffroy is actually a person's name, but not the owner's name
and it is not common to keep as pets

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
any relation to the ocecat? I've always wanted one of those since I first read about them :)

Cirith...if you want details about what a cat will eat/won't eat of a mouse remind me next time we talk lol. My cats spent a lot of times outdoors when I lived in Alaska and they loved to bring us mice, shrews, baby rabbits, small ptarmigan (a type of grouse...very stupid bird), robins, and whatever other birds they could catch. :D

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I'll especially wanna hear about that very stupid bird!! :}

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
any relation to the ocecat? I've always wanted one of those since I first read about them :)

Cirith...if you want details about what a cat will eat/won't eat of a mouse remind me next time we talk lol. My cats spent a lot of times outdoors when I lived in Alaska and they loved to bring us mice, shrews, baby rabbits, small ptarmigan (a type of grouse...very stupid bird), robins, and whatever other birds they could catch. :D
The "Ocicat" is a totally domesticated breed, created by crossing various Oriental breeds, especially the Siamese and Oriental Shorthairs, with a tabby Abbysinian. They are selectively bred for the spotted look without using any wild cat blood at all. Same with the Egyptian Mau-no wild blood.

pitbulllady

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
maybe Ed means Ocelot?
well, same family, but Ocelot is quite rare these days, and i've heard they are more shy and elusive compare to Geoffroy's cat
there are still quite a lot in south america, and are semi-feral cat live near people
sadly they are quite popular in fur trade

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
no, i meant ocecat but I thought from what I had researched/read that there was more wild blood in them...hmmm. Well, now I'm definitely not going to pay an exorborant (spelling?) amount for one lol...not that I planned to, but I always find a way to justify spending too much money lol. The cats at the local shelters need homes anyway and I need to get my land whale a playmate :D

an ocelot would be a cool pet to have...but knowing domesticated cats and how they own their people, I don't think that would turn out very well lol

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How good of pets do these make? It seemed quite skittish in the video.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
no, i meant ocecat but I thought from what I had researched/read that there was more wild blood in them...hmmm. Well, now I'm definitely not going to pay an exorborant (spelling?) amount for one lol...not that I planned to, but I always find a way to justify spending too much money lol. The cats at the local shelters need homes anyway and I need to get my land whale a playmate :D

an ocelot would be a cool pet to have...but knowing domesticated cats and how they own their people, I don't think that would turn out very well lol

Nope-Ocicats have no wild blood whatsoever. Here's a link describing the breed and how it came to be:

http://www.breedlist.com/ocicat-breeders.html

LOL, "land whale"-yeah, I've got one of THOSE cats! He's a rescue, too, possibly a British Shorthair crossed with a Beluga! I don't know where people got that idea that cats are finicky eaters, seriously!

pitbulllady