Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some random images from a somewhat near-sighted camera:

Mushrooms reminding me somewhat of Heteroscodra maculata:

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Just came across these yesterday. I took these almost 3 years ago whilst visiting my best friend in Oregon. I have more, but I don't feel like getting behind my computer and plugging my scanner in.

Really cool huge statue. "Portlandia."

Downtown Portland:

Paige and Holley will have to help me with this one......the locks on some river....the Willamette?

Multnomah falls.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah, the Portlandia statue! I remember the year that some anarchist punks hung a giant yo-yo off of her finger.

firefox2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
These first 3 were taken at the marina near my home :)

My magnolia tree blossom :)

My peach tree :)

And on of my roses :)

firefox2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Found this little guy in the garden this morning. I googled it and came up with a Green Lacewing. Very interesting though, watching it eat, it has a neck movement of a mammal.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I visited Museum of Natural History this weekend

A stuffed vulture that looks quite alive

A Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton

A giant squid (in the glass box...)

/Lelle

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Okay, if you have dial up, you might want to skip the link. All of my "artistic"/general photographs are over at http://schlyne.deviantart.com You'd want the gallery link.

It would take me way too much time to resize and scale them back down to post in this thread. If you're going to comment on one of the photos, please comment over there :)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Leanne,
it's the Cascade Locks on the Columbia River. Located in the Columbia Gorge about 60 miles east of Portland....

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The butt bucket is my favorite. I would have taken a few more dozen shots of it though. ;)

Last edited:

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sheri said:
The butt bucket is my favorite. I would have taken a few more dozen shots of it though. ;)
What is a butt bucket?

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
becca81 said:
Cookie-Cutter Hell
I think I might have heard that somewhere before. ;)

Butt bucket - can that holds discarded cigarette filters. :D

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@becca81

That cookie-cutter hell pic is scary as >self edit< it looks like the set from the freakin Truman Show :eek:

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
nightbreed said:
@becca81

That cookie-cutter hell pic is scary as >self edit< it looks like the set from the freakin Truman Show :eek:
Try living here. It is scary. :)

The homeowner's association here is comprised of all retired couples who have nothing better to do than make stupid rules that everyone in the community has to follow - no motorcycles parked outside, only 312 Christmas lights per house, all mailbox flags must be kept either straight up at a 90 degree angle or completely down, only certain types of plants can be planted in front, no toys outside unless someone is outside with them, no satellite dishes (the small ones that mount on the roof), no Halloween decorations, etc, etc, etc.....