General Photography Thread

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nerri1029 said:
Cool idea.. and nice angle on that photo.. :)

I had a really nice one a while ago..

I miss it.. Hard to get someone to ship them to NY.. and I won't try to bring one accross the border .. *again* :rolleyes:

Not that I would need it now for defense but rather any knife that can be opened with one hand is a bonus. :cool:
Thanks. The knife belongs to a friend.
I prefer this one

/Lelle

Last edited:

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What is the deal with butterfly knives? Are they illegal? If so, why?

I remember that my stepbrother had one when I was little and I would play with it and always thought it was really cool. I had no idea what it was until years later when I heard someone talking about them.

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
becca81 said:
What is the deal with butterfly knives? Are they illegal? If so, why?

I remember that my stepbrother had one when I was little and I would play with it and always thought it was really cool. I had no idea what it was until years later when I heard someone talking about them.
They certainly are in the UK,along with switchblades,push daggers,gravity knives,buckle knives and sword sticks.It's the carrying of,sale,gift or importation thats illegal here,not ownership.If you can get em past customs and keep them in the house you are ok.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Melmoth said:
They certainly are in the UK,along with switchblades,push daggers,gravity knives,buckle knives and sword sticks.It's the carrying of,sale,gift or importation thats illegal here,not ownership.If you can get em past customs and keep them in the house you are ok.

So just imagine what kind of crap I got at the border when they found the one I carried back then, after a trip to Montreal.. I carried it in to Canada.. but coming back was a pain..

I did get it through {D It's nice to have relatives in Law Enforcement :D

I used to be able to do some neat tricks with two of them..

Raindog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have taken to carrying only my "light pack" (D70, 70-200mm, TC-20E) when I'm not planning a dedicated shoot. Well, it bit me in the ass today.

After catching a movie today in Sarasota I decided to ride over to Ken Thompson Park on Lido Key just to sit and watch the sailboats go by. I parked the car and while walking towards the boat ramps I noticed an osprey perched on top of a telephone pole at the waters edge near a small field.

I ran back to the car, got the bag and fixed the TC while walking back to the field. Half way across the field I started snapping shots. Fourteen shots in I figured out that I was still at F6.3. Dammit, I stopped down to F8 and took a few steps closer. Two more shots were all that he could take and the little bugger flew off.

I found a folding chair, set it in the shade and waited. About fifteen minutes later he returned with his lunch.

I suppose from now on I'll be carrying the heavy bag, never know when I'll need it.

D70, 70-200mm, TC-20E, 400mm, ISO200, F6.3, 1/200

D70, 70-200mm, TC-20E, 400mm, ISO200, F8, 1/80

D70, 70-200mm, TC-20E, 400mm, ISO200, F8, 1/125

D70, 70-200mm, TC-20E, 400mm, ISO200, F9, 1/100

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Crotalus said:
Correct. An old swedish made one from the fourties /Lelle
Cool,
When should I expect to recieve my prize? A pair of Lachesis will do :)

Raindog those are amazing shots. I like the second the best.

Mike

Last edited:

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lasiodora said:
Cool,
When should I expect to recieve my prize? A pair of Lachesis will do :)

Raindog those are amazing shots. I like the second the best.

Mike
LOL!
Sure thing, 2.2 Lachesis melanocephalus in the mail!

Those raptor picts are amazing. Keep em coming!

/Lelle

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Some shots at the New York Botanical Garden

My son and I.
Various shots in the conservatory

Attachments

Last edited:

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Jake H. said:
Siesta Key, Sarasota, Florida
Damn. I would be overjoyed if I had taken that shot.

And Raindog. Christ.

Keep 'em coming!

Raindog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's another osprey from yesterday's trip up to Lido Key, I brought all of my equipment this time.