Favorite Asian Arboreals

Jason B

Arachnosquire
So i've been tring to decide what my next T is gonna be I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with either Lampropelma sp borneo black or a violaceopes. Size is most likely gonna play a factor with this one, which is why I'm leaning more toward the violaceopes they just seem to look stocky and big. But I also like the color. Even though I love pokies I think thats gonna be my next order after this one either an ornata or ruffi.

So, as my title states whats your favorite?

cold blood

Staff member
If all things were equal the LV is a stunner...great eater, fairly fast grower and they get big and leggy.

But all things are not equal...the LV is exceedingly photosensitive and prone to hiding an inordinate amount of time. An absolutely sweet t, but not one I would want if I just had a small collection.
On top of that they are fast fast fast and willing to use it...and have a pretty nasty temperament....making them one of the more advanced species to work with. Borneo blacks are similar.

Theyre also prone to dehydration and molting issues if kept too dry, making them one of the more moisture sensitive species.

Honestly Poecilotheria is the best place to start...theyre more visible, calmer and much easier to deal with....theyre also more readily available and cheaper, despite being just about as stunning in person.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Probably P. ornata because of the amazing red setae they get along with the archaic looking carapace. This will probably change by the next hour!

Jason B

Arachnosquire
You make alot of good points especially with the whole small collection thing. The only thing is this purchase I was looking to acquire some species that weren't in my previous collection which when I also consider in the want for it to be a larger arboreal leaves me with just rufilata. But I'm not gonna lie, that ornata picture tells me I need one of those in my life sooner rather then later even if its one that was in my previous collection.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
ATM my favourite OW arboreal is the O. Schioedtei as I have one as a 2cm sling, had it almost 3 weeks now and what a fascinating spider it is, it's made itself right at home, excavating a burrow and decorating the enclosure (small deli cup) with webbing and substrate.

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ATM my favourite OW arboreal is the O. Schioedtei as I have one as a 2cm sling, had it almost 3 weeks now and what a fascinating spider it is, it's made itself right at home, excavating a burrow and decorating the enclosure (small deli cup) with webbing and substrate.
My O. schioedtei made her first appearance (that I am aware of, anyway) in I don't know how many months the other night. I tried to get a picture, but as soon as I started to open the lid, she went back underground. My Borneo Black female at least sat still for a couple photos.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
So i've been tring to decide what my next T is gonna be I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with either Lampropelma sp borneo black or a violaceopes. Size is most likely gonna play a factor with this one, which is why I'm leaning more toward the violaceopes they just seem to look stocky and big. But I also like the color. Even though I love pokies I think thats gonna be my next order after this one either an ornata or ruffi.

So, as my title states whats your favorite?
My favourite Asian arboreals?
P.Metallica
P.Rufilata
L.Violocepes
P. Tigrinawesseli
P. Hanumavilasumica
P.Ornata
P.Regalis

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
was going to post a similar thread today, and I'm glad i checked and found this one.
i also am interested in Asian Arboreal species, so Other then Pokies and LV, any other interesting or somewhat available asian arboreals out there that anybody would recommend.

i have access to most pokies at the moment and looking for something a little less common at the moment, if anybody has any suggestions.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
was going to post a similar thread today, and I'm glad i checked and found this one.
i also am interested in Asian Arboreal species, so Other then Pokies and LV, any other interesting or somewhat available asian arboreals out there that anybody would recommend.

i have access to most pokies at the moment and looking for something a little less common at the moment, if anybody has any suggestions.
There are literally tons of em that are less common and extremely cool to have. Thats mostly what i keep myself.

O schioedtei and thr C sp "hati hati" are awesome ts that are readily available, yet less common, and it goes grom there.

Im about to get my hands on some mae hong son (thought to be extinct) and some sp mindanao in the next week or so.

Been toying with the idea of adding P everetti and P sp rufus too, but i may just start saving up money instead. I was just told sometime in thr near future ill finally have access to P sp sabah blue and O sp akcaya! Those arent available in the states YET so im sure theyll pack a hefty pricetag

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
If your going the Lampropelma route. I'd recommend nigerrimum. Less common and IMO prettier than violaceopes or nigerrimum arboricola (what you not up to date people call sp. Borneo Black)

Jason B

Arachnosquire
Does it have to be something i own or just in general
Just it general, the intention of the post was to see what other people liked, sometimes I see something I might not know alot about. Like c sp hati hati, that is one that is on my radar. Most likely not now, but in the future.