Everyones worst nightmare

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Imagine a pede getting out and doign this.
(pic taken from arachnocenter.com, hope there is no trouble for usign their pic)

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Thats DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS HORRIBLE !!! THOSE THINGS ARE....HIDEOUS !!!! No hair ! Too many legs !! SICK !!! UGH !!! Circle of life my @$$ !!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :(

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know a lot of you are down with centipedes but I think they are ugly and boring. TOo bad that spider didnt kick its long multi legged keister.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
I agree, I can only look at that picture once, its HORRIBLE. I love Ts tooo much to tolerate it !! Centapedes are HIDEOUS !!! I think Ill go find one of the little ones in my garden and feed it to a big, fat, MEAN, NASTY, spider. And laugh mercilessly.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bummer you guys feel that way. I was thinking of feeding a couple old mature male Aphonopelmas to a couple of my giant Centipedes. I guess if I do I won't be posting about it in the T forum. ;) ;) ;) :) :) :)

The Aphonopelmas are not going to live much longer anyways if it makes ya feel any better about it. :D

ATrax;P

p.s. Spider Savior, please don't take out your anger on a little centipede. They're even less understood than Tarantulas. Maybe getting one from your garden and keeping it for a little while, maybe even feeding it once or twice may open your eyes to what awesome creatures they really are. Besides, that li'l garden pede just might surprise you and bite the crap out of your T instead. ;)

Last edited:

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Atrax!!!!

;P ;P =D Well all,, that is what Paul did he used it for food it was a male or it was sick i cant remember.. But if i had to use them up insted of watching them die i think i would to.. :rolleyes: ;P And as for the Pede,, well use a black lite on that one and it makes it look so way cool... I use to have the same kind and it was huge... the black lite did it justice... hehehehehe!!! ;P =D

Attachments

Last edited:

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
PLEEASE dont feed your centipede a T !! Give the T to me man !!! PLEAAASEE DONT DO IT !!:( :( :( :(

Last edited:

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ugly disgusting horrible things, I think big centipedes are. Too fast, to angry, to venomous, to shiny.
I wouldn't hurt one though, if I could help it.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
If the T is sick, personally, I wouldn't feed it to one of my pedes. If on the other hand, it was dying anyway, such as a mature male, then I would definitely consider it. No use in it going to waste. I generally try to find females for my males or at the very least send them out for breeding though. Hate to see good genes go to waste.

@Jacen,

I simply can't see how you find pedes boring. Ugly maybe, but that's a matter of personal preference and you're certainly entitled to your opinion. My pedes are alot more active than most of my T's. The sheer size of some of them dwarf anything but the biggest of tarantulas. They're also one of the most vicious killing machines in the world of inverts. I've seen mine decapitate pinkies, chewing right through their necks. This of course was begun while the pinky was still alive. Any squeamish people out there, don't view the following picture.

Scott

Yes, that is the pinkies head that's seperated from the body.

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
To funny Scott..

;P ;P Yes, that is the pinkies head that's seperated from the body

Well i do say i really needed a good laugh and that did it for me LMFAO!!!! Scott thats what they are good for .. killing and distroying.. Mine was way to cool when i had it and yah they sure are big and can do some damage.. mine use to eat field mice..some salamanders that we found out here and some huge garden snails to..Yah way cool...Nice pic buddy!!!!!!LOL!!!!;P ;P =D

Attachments

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah Scott, the problem with the mature males I have is that they are Aphonopelma sp. wc so I really can't send them out for mating unfortunately without having a positive id on the species. I'm sure you know how crazy Aphonopelma taxonomy can be and I'd rather not take the chance of making it crazier by accidentally hybridizing. Plus, I think they're pretty much out of juice at this point. It's either watch them slowly die, or make the best use of 'em I guess. Awesome pic by the way! You captured the total nature of these little demons!:D

See ya.
Atrax

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The heads have it. hahahaha. I guess heads will roll. Ok I will stop now. I have wanted to get a ped to but I'm not sure which one I want yet. That and the wife isn't very keen on having one around. I have wanted to see for my self what everyone all was talks about.:D ;) :)

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I could swear I read somewhere that the T he fed to the pede was already dead. Or a mature male.

I don't think I'd ever do it, but I don't see the problem with it, either. If it's a mature male, especially if it's one you can't breed, it almost seems nicer for the T if you end it quick instead of slowly letting it fade off.

Although, I must admit, this whole thread has made me interested in getting a big pede.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
This thread makes me nostalgic for Kellygirl's posting in the Watering Hole re: crickets. It surprises me that people who have cast off the negative view of Ts can turn around and call centipedes nasty critters.

I can understand not wanting to keep one -- if they don't do it for you, don't keep 'em. I can also sort of understand not wanting to feed one "pet" to another. It is a waste of energy not to, but then we bury our dead on great tracts of land that we then prune to ensure they never benefit from the energy of all that decaying organic matter.

Basicaly, what it boils down to is don't piss on other people's campfires. Asside from joking references in the fightclub thread, I would never put down someone else for their animal preferences. Hell, I even understand cat lovers ... sort of. ;)

Cheers,
Dave

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah, pedes are my new fascination... I'm slowly working up to a big guy by tending a few Stone Centipedes I caught in the yard (L. forficatus). I can see the point of view of people who think they're creepy... just remember how YOU feel when you hear people saying ignorant things about T's, and afford the 'pede keepers the same luxury to enjoy their pets that you demand of others.

Besides, pissing on a campfire REEKS... don't ask...

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Guys!

Very well said Scott, Savian, Valael, and Mister Internet. I agree with you all 100%. I am a T lover as well but my main interest is in centipedes.(up to 23 now :D ) As I posted earlier, 'pedes are less understood than T's and imo it wouldn't hurt if a few more people kept and observed them. I can't imagine that anyone could appreciate T's and not Centipedes but to each his own. :?

To Savian and Valael, (or anyone considering keeping a centipede) I have a bunch of captive born Scolopendra polymorpha babies (2 1/2-3") that are very hardy, eating great and a very good beginner pede. They top out at about 6" and are fantastic predators. Also, the bite isn't considered nearly as severe as say a Malaysian or Vietnamese. If you guys would like to raise any, I'll let you have a couple. Just pay shipping and they're yours. Let me know.:D :D

Atrax

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
that looks nasty man !! (the pinkie) I dont blame the pede, hes just a messy eater.

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Arachnids and Chilopods

I think arachnids and chilopods are all awesome arthropods. Arachnids eat cetipedes, centipedes eat arachnids, it is an arthropod circle of life. Just because another arthropod eats a tarantula doesnt mean they are "hideous" or "ugly". If everyone thought that, then that would mean that centipedes, scorpions, solifugids, and even other tarantulas were all "hideous/ugly". The arthropod world is a well rounded and seccessful circle, they do what they need to survive.

Alex S.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
I think its ugly because its shiny and hairless and too leggy. And Atrax, maybe just for you I will grab a mini pede out from under a rock and keep it to OBSERVE and learn from it....what do you feed the thing,...does it need a burrow.....and if you say "spiders" FORGET IT !!!! I do love insects after all.
Earwigs....shudder.