Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Ske

Arachnopeon
spider don't look unhappy, he walkin' on yellow rocks, hunts for a mouse, do not climbin on wall etc.
however she have a cave for hiding from all that madness)))

sorry for bad englischgf.......

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Here it is sitting by the water... as usual.

One last shot of her.

Last edited:

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love the 'Don't knock on the glass! He won't open the door!' sign on top!! :D :clap:
I just think it's one of the lamest tarantula cage setups on the face of the planet. Seriously.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cityzooguy, thats very inspirational - I love it.
ske, You certainly have a novetly look to your enclosure and there's definitely room for improvement. A thin layer of yellow stones isn't a good substrate for a burrowing species, replace with coir and it will look more natural. I'd remove the bike and the bike chain and all the metal, not good for Ts unless you're willing to risk injury and I'd also remove the bug gell.
Take a look at some of the great enclosures on here for some good natural inspiration, its worth the effort.

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
skye
you need to rehouse that t in something more NATURAL.
at least get those pebbles out ASAP!!

TiberiuSahly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Some of my enclosures. For now I use Exo-terra faunariums as I have to wait till someone can make me some glass terrariums.
Anyway here they are:
Heteroscodra maculata enclosure:

And the resident:

P. regalis enclosure:

P. irminia enclosure:

And its hideout {D

T. gigas enclosure:

Last edited:

thumpersalley

Roach Lovers Mom
Old Timer
Angled scorp tank & T enclosures

In the angled terrarium in a desert hairy, the 10 gallon below has some mordax, the 2 small ones below has 1 unknown sling & a northern scorp & the ones on the bottom are a mexican redknee & a n. chromatus. I have desert loam in the scorp tanks & peat moss in the T tanks. No live plants yet. Trying to figure out what ones will be best & easiest. Kim

Last edited:

revoltkid

Arachnopeon
In the angled terrarium in a desert hairy, the 10 gallon below has some mordax, the 2 small ones below has 1 unknown sling & a northern scorp & the ones on the bottom are a mexican redknee & a n. chromatus. I have desert loam in the scorp tanks & peat moss in the T tanks. No live plants yet. Trying to figure out what ones will be best & easiest. Kim
i suggest ditching the lamps

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
G. Rosea

Sorry for the poor picture quality.

Last edited:

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
/\ /\ /\ Get that cotton out of the water from Megans and Sylvias tank. Tarantulas will not drown and cotton forms a breeding ground for bacterial. You trying to save the T from drowning will only kill it by introducing harmful bacteria.

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok thanks ive seen a few perople say not to and to do it so ill take em out thanks for the tips really glad u said now

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would say more substrate. Potentially huge drop should the T climb and fall. Looks good other than that, except for the cotton which you've taken care of. I don't think you need all the temperature gauges and stuff, but I don't know the temperatures and how they fluctuate up there.:?

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i got a new stand for them today so they look better and the heat is always high because of the lamp and they have never climbed so the stubstrate is fine they like is as u can see fom my pic.xx