Emergency Please Help!

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all, my mexican redknee began to turn on its side to molt and a cricket came out of nowhere and is in his cage. I couldnt get it out and i must be stressing the HELL out of my spider. The cricket walked right under it while on its side and it flipped back over when the cricket touched her! what do i do ! is she gunna die?? please help!

Mark

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Catch the cricket or kill it as quickly as possible without disturbing the t.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I cant, the T is sitting right side up not ON TOP iof the cricket

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
No you dont understand the t is SItting FLAT on top of the cricket...it tried to molt but it flipped back over ontop of th e wandering cricket becuse it disturbed her

Mark

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It was sideways not totally on its back then it went back over and when it did it landed on the cricket and its squished under her abdomen against the substrate.

Mark

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is the T. molting out of its skin as we speak or did it just turn over in the last little bit?

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
No the spider is right side up like she usually is with the cricket under her but when she flipped back over to her normal position she was on her side, not completely on her back. She was not molting when this happened.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Im sitting at my comp constantly refreshing the screen if anyone has any info that can help me! im worried she might not get to molt and die

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If its right side up and on its feet, just touch it butt with your finger and it should move away from the cricket. If its on its back and not molting yet, I'd carefully try to move it with both hands. 4 fingers on each hand on bothsides of the T. Kinda cradleing it.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
IT wont hurt the T to move it while its right side up, but so close to molting that it wants to and has already tried to molt? Ive got a soft paint brish i can slowly move her with if i had to

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
if she hasn't 'popped her top' you can *probably* gently move her to get the damn cricket out. It really needs to come out too.
I moved my E campestatus, actually dug her up when unbeknowst to me she had turned over and was trying to molt. She completed the molt just fine.
Try it...let us know what happens

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ok im going to GENTLY touch her on the abdomen with a paint brush to get her to move and do my darndest to get the friggen cricket out...ill tell you how it went in like 2 min thx for the support!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well you can move the T. or let it molt with the cric under it. I once moved one of my T's while it was pulling its legs out and it did fine. You have to make the call.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
She wont budge she just twitches, i pushed harder than i wanted to....she twitched and moved her front part mostly, which is flush on the substrate

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
is she still right side up? It's your call about picking her up...I'd be very careful if I decided to do it. I can't tell you what to do, and I can't see, so do what you think is best.
Sorry I can't be of more help...

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Carefully pick it up and move it . then kill that cric with a big rock..:)

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I pushed harder with the paint brush and she moved a bit, ive got a good idea of what her reaction is going to be, i just dont want to move her to far off the web...here goes again =) thx for help

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i feel like i am sliding her along the ground which cant be good..the cricket wont move an inch...id rather not pick her up because ive never done so even when she wasnt molting

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
did you try asking her nicely? :p

If you have forceps, you could tickle her underside to get her to stand slightly...then remove the cricket by pushing it out or grabbing the little bugger with the foreceps. There aren't any places around here that sell foreceps, so I made some out of a pair of chopsticks, breaking off the tips of a clothespin and supergluing them to the end of the sticks. I then glued the chopsticks to the top and bottom of the rest of the clothespin. Worked great....

Attachments