• Yes I do

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • No I do not

Votes: 38 58.5%

• Total voters

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just wondering about the other members of this forum, I personally do not name things, my wife and kids name 'em but I prefer to say this is my Emperor, and that one and that one and that one too.

How about you, Do you name your scorpion?

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
nope. i have kept/ still keep fish, Ts, scorps, birds, turtles and dogs but have only named my dogs.

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
no, I don't because I had to get rid of them , waaah! heh heh

Charlie_Scorp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No, I dont name them but if I have the odd one that stands out for some reason then I may be tempted...ie, a particularly large or small individual or an especially aggresive so and so!
I still name quite a few of my geckos though. If I name arachnids and other inverts anything its usually a joke to honour friends or terrible soup actors/actresses. For instance I recently traded Janae and Janelle (0.2.0 A.chalcodes). Yes, I am a loser...

Ps. For those that dont get the reference; they are characters from a terrible soap called 'Neighbours' that is a favorite with British students...:D

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No, I don't.

But I am going to invest in a Heterometrus species, not sure which one yet. Kinda leaning towards longimanus for the claws or spinifer for the communal friendliness or laoticus for the tude. Aesthetics really and temperment. But to cut to the chase... I am tempted to name it "Bubbles". Nice compliment to the Ts.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i voted yes i do...

i call my maculatus as mac, spinifers as spin, australis as aust, emperor as emp, and etc...

i even talk to them, and sometimes they reply back...
unfortunately i cant understand what they say... ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i voted yes i do...

i call my maculatus as mac, spinifers as spin, australis as aust, emperor as emp, and etc...

what if you have multiple specimens of the same species? :confused:

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I said yes, I name all my animals mostly joke names based off whatever comes to mind. Had an Emp that I called Shao Khan, that's Emperior Shao Khan to those non-Mortal Kombat fans.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am always talking to my inverts especially during eventful moments like when unpacking them from a shipped box or when they need to be rehoused. Or simply observing them or lack there-of. And saying words of encouragement during or after some achievement.

EDIT: Pep talks like a trainer and his prize horses.

My mother treats them all like "babies in a carriage" just without the fussing and touching and coddling of course.

I'll hear things like, "Oh, there you are" or "Oh, don't get bad with me".

Last edited:

Normski2020uk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Im the same as Theodin, i dont name my Scorps, Ts, snakes etc, but my wife and kids do, so i end up refering to them as there given name. But that aside i belive as only only keep a relatively small number i would be tempted to name them if i did not have the wife and kids influance

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I personally don't name them, unless the cannabilize, or get into mischief, then I usually reffer to them with some sort of vulgararity. I guess it's good that I don't have children. :)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am always talking to my inverts especially during eventful moments like when unpacking them from a shipped box or when they need to be rehoused. Or simply observing them or lack there-of. And saying words of encouragement during or after some achievement.

EDIT: Pep talks like a trainer and his prize horses.

My mother treats them all like "babies in a carriage" just without the fussing and touching and coddling of course.

I'll hear things like, "Oh, there you are" or "Oh, don't get bad with me".
Now I'm starting to wonder about you LOL{D :D

dazbuzz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i would like to name my scorps but i don't know if they are male/female yet.i was thinking yuna and tidus if male and female.

Frogsarethapoop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't name my pets specifically, but I do give them numbers, like 1 and 2 for example, just so I can distinguish between the two in my head. I have some toads numbering from 1 - 22, and even then it is hard to tell the difference.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yep, every animal in this house has a name, my Emps are named Venkman, Stantz, and Egon. Now, that does not mean I can tell them apart, and as a group they are referred to as the Ghostbusters. All 40 of my T's have names as well.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I name everything including feeder crix. {D They're all named Stan. My P. cavimanus is named Face (previously Lola when thought to be female). My Ts are also named though I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I get my share of a sac in from becca :D

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I name only my favorites...my emp is named Abbath, my pallidus Arizonensis I named Blondie, my G. rosea is named Fang, and on a side note my Iguana is named Fester...

8ball

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Only if they stick out from the others for some reason I'll name them, I usually only name my animals

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i would like to name my scorps but i don't know if they are male/female yet.i was thinking yuna and tidus if male and female.
Come on, Rikku is so much cuter than Yuna;)

On topic, I only named a P. cavimanus that had a distictive crack along the length of it's carapace.
It was named Tony Montana.
It has the attitude to match too:D