did some pairing last night

awiec

Arachnoprince
I love spring time, everyone breeds up wonderful babies and then my wallet gets upset. I'm definitely interested in the taps, hopefully most pull through and anything Ceratogyrus makes me happy.

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
That is for sure one thing id like to know too. I have had alot eaten lately. Females with sacs dont get bothered, or anything to stress them. These Tappie females were moved to a place where it was a little darker, and was not being moved around during feeding time. She held her sac for 24 days, then ate it. I looked at them about a week ago, and could tell that the sacs had plumped up due to the eggs developing. So more than likely she ate a sac full of ewls or 1st instars. Im so close to selling off any females that eat sacs. Its just getting too aggrevating. I know from now on, all Tappie sacs get pulled at 15-30 days.
No don't do that, just give them a time out!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ive thought about retiring them. My highland female has eaten both her sacs, nigerrimum female ate one sac, then next time molted and lost a leg, a few tappie females have eaten the sac no matter how well the sac looks.
No don't do that, just give them a time out!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Looks like my Brachypelma sabulosum female will be dropping a sac soon. She is remodeling, and look how plump she is!

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
All the breeding projects you've posted the last couple weeks interest me. I have to have them. Have to.

PS How did your stud M balfouri turn out with his other matings before he died? I am looking for tons of M balfouri, they are easily my favorite baboon spider.

Last edited:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus irminia female #1 double clutch pulled. There is 61 good 1st instar and no bad eggs. The sac looked perfect, and my female is a producing machine!

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
Psalmopoeus irminia female #1 double clutch pulled. There is 61 good 1st instar and no bad eggs. The sac looked perfect, and my female is a producing machine!

Glad to see some good news after all the eaten sacs!

awiec

Arachnoprince
Well luckily some sacs are making it full term.
Is this in reference to the Pslamo? After seeing your thread its kinda changed my mind on having one. I already have some "neurotic" T's but most of my OW are calm as cucumbers, its my NW that are a little nutty.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That was in reference to any sacs that make it full term without being eaten first. You would be fine with an irminia. They can be flighty, and a little defensive here and there, but not bad.
Is this in reference to the Pslamo? After seeing your thread its kinda changed my mind on having one. I already have some "neurotic" T's but most of my OW are calm as cucumbers, its my NW that are a little nutty.

---------- Post added 03-27-2014 at 06:18 PM ----------

Avicularia urticans sac.....eaten :(. I seen her holding it last night, and couldnt tell if she was eating it or holding it. Well today there wasnt much left. From what i could tell inside the remains, the eggs werent fertilized. Avicularia's suck.

Monocentropus balfouri sac hatched out. Was going to pull it today, and seperate the slings, so there was no cannibalizing. But it had already hatched. Now the debate of stealing the slings, or letting her raise them up.....

CitizenNumber9

Arachnobaron
Darn it! Those were the ones I was looking forward to, too. Oh well, if you can't beat em, join em! -eats the kids I babysit-

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very sorry about that, Autumn. I have 3 left, but they might be spoken for. Ill see what i can do.

XrustyjamesX

Arachnopeon
I have a M. balfouri sitting on a sac right now. I am planning on letting her keep them for a while. Everything I have read says that they do great with the mom and being communal they seldom cannibalize.
How many days did it take for them to emerge from the sac?

~Tony

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well i have heard that too. But i figure when they are hatched with mom, and cant be counted, some will still get cannibalized, and people wont notice because they werent sure how many were originally there. On my last sac when i pulled it and had them together in the incubator, there was 43 to start. They slowly started dissapearing until i had 30 left. So i seperated them all out. Later on i thought maybe it was because i seperated them from the mother, but im not convinced on that. She dropped her sac on 2-24, and they just popped out yesterday, so it was 32 days.
I have a M. balfouri sitting on a sac right now. I am planning on letting her keep them for a while. Everything I have read says that they do great with the mom and being communal they seldom cannibalize.
How many days did it take for them to emerge from the sac?

~Tony

awiec

Arachnoprince
M balfouri! I totally need more of those. Totally. Keep me posted on them ;)
I am defiantly interested as well, I feel like your thread is a bad place for me. These guys are not represented well enough so I have to decide if I want to drop 80 on a sling, granted I do have a P.metallica but my second most expensive spider was a $60 subadult female C.darlingi. But I assume they are still a month or two away from being ready to be shipped cause of size and cruddy weather.