did some pairing last night

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As was said, the Harpactirinae lay hammock sacs.
You then get Heteroscodra, Stromatopelma and Encycrotella that lay fixed sacs.
The hammock sac (like its name suggests) looks like a hammock. Fixed sacs are attached to the inside of the spiders hide, so also can't be rotated either.
Oh, so only the genus Harpactira makes hammock sacs, I thought perhaps others did too. Thanks!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I totally forgot about Heteroscodra, Stromatopelma, and Encycrotella!
As was said, the Harpactirinae lay hammock sacs.
You then get Heteroscodra, Stromatopelma and Encycrotella that lay fixed sacs.
The hammock sac (like its name suggests) looks like a hammock. Fixed sacs are attached to the inside of the spiders hide, so also can't be rotated either.

---------- Post added 04-02-2014 at 12:44 AM ----------

Harpactira are a genus in the subfamily Harpactirinae. Other genra like Ceratorgyrus, Stromatopelma, and all other baboon spiders are in the the same subfamily. Thats about as scientific as i can get without catching my brain on fire :).
Oh, so only the genus Harpactira makes hammock sacs, I thought perhaps others did too. Thanks!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Harpactira subfamily, which includes Pterinochilus, Ceratogyrus, Eucratoscelus, Idiothele, Harpactira, and Harpactirella.

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Harpactira subfamily, which includes Pterinochilus, Ceratogyrus, Eucratoscelus, Idiothele, Harpactira, and Harpactirella.
Harpactirinae subfamily (the -nae is the important part meaning it's a subfamily I think).
Also includes Augacephalus and Trichognathella.

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
And the Stromatopelminae subfamily consist of Encyocratella, Stromatopelma and Heteroscodra

CitizenNumber9

Arachnobaron
Awesome John! Now if only I could get my P. scrofa female to stop trying to kill her boyfriend :sarcasm:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks! Lol i know what you mean. P. scrofa are usually kinda rough to pair. Have you tried placing her into his enclosure, or placing both of them into a neutral enclosure?

CitizenNumber9

Arachnobaron
Thanks! Lol i know what you mean. P. scrofa are usually kinda rough to pair. Have you tried placing her into his enclosure, or placing both of them into a neutral enclosure?
Not yet, I will try that though! I didn't realize those were options lol. There isn't a whole lot of info on breeding the genus.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Interesting, a Ceratogyrus with no horn, but that carapace is rather handsome.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yep this species has no horn! You should see the coloring on the female's carapace and abdomens! Ill try to get a pic sometime.
Interesting, a Ceratogyrus with no horn, but that carapace is rather handsome.

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
I love my C. meridionalis! It's hopefully gunna mature for me next molt. I love Ceratogyrus :)

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
I'm really starting to get into genus Ceratogyrus. I've got some darlingis that I absolutely love. I intend to pick up some marshallis as well. I had no idea meridonalis didn't have a horn though. Guess I'll have to get some of them too!

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
I'm really starting to get into genus Ceratogyrus. I've got some darlingis that I absolutely love. I intend to pick up some marshallis as well. I had no idea meridonalis didn't have a horn though. Guess I'll have to get some of them too!
They're awesome! Great eaters, no hairs to flick, good decorators/burrowers, look cool and/or have the horns. They can be speedy but almost always will run back into their burrow if disturbed. The only time I'm seen threat displays is during a transfer. Definitely get some more. And don't forget about the sanderi, you need one of them too!! ;)

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
Fasciata, smithi, miranda and tigrinawesseli are all I need to complete my Poecimon collection. Gotta catch me all. See what I did there? God I'm a dork.

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
You've got the other 9 species?
No, I've only got 8' Rufilata, ornata, metallica, regalis, formosa, striata, vittata, and subfusca highland and lowland. The other i wouldn't even know where to begin shopping for, so I can't count them in my list of wanted pokies.

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 05:00 PM ----------

I'm not even going to attempt to spell it, I fail every time.

CitizenNumber9

Arachnobaron
No, I've only got 8' Rufilata, ornata, metallica, regalis, formosa, striata, vittata, and subfusca highland and lowland. The other i wouldn't even know where to begin shopping for, so I can't count them in my list of wanted pokies.

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 05:00 PM ----------

I'm not even going to attempt to spell it, I fail every time.
That was 9 species you listed ;)