Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Cringy tarantula videos

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Venom1080, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Asgiliath

Asgiliath Arachnoknight Active Member

Advertisement
    Yeah, those comments and of course just ya know, about not “hot” she is! Gross

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Paul1126

Paul1126 Arachnodemon

Oh look a dumb woman with zero respect for animals...
    Look at those comments, spiders just can't catch a break.

• Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  3. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

I'm sorry, but I really don't care about the majority of the world having a bad opinion on spiders. Using a live animal in a prank is wrong no matter what kind of animal it is.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Award Award x 1
  4. Drea

Drea Arachnosquire

Well, no need for me to go to the gym today since my target heart rate is up. This is the kind of female that sets all females back 10 steps on multiple levels. She is also the kind of female that creates the saying, “you can be pretty or smart, but not both.” (No, I don’t agree with that saying but it exist because of idiots like her).

Yep, enraged just a bit. Extra rage because females like that are against everything I believe in.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor

I don't know this lady. And I agree she could be a very nice person for all I know. But what she did there is just a dumb thing to do, even if she isn't. I'm very happy she returned it to the pet store. Better than most people in this thread

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Drea

Drea Arachnosquire

I am happy that it was returned to the pet store and hope someone who cares for the animal buys it instead. However, I do have a problem with pet stores selling animals to just anyone who walks in with cash. I get calls from our local pet stores all the time for bad “merchandise” needing a home. Missing a leg, tail gone, sick and needs care and those animals are written off. All animals are just things to be sold and not a living creature for most pet stores.

There is one in my area that I have seen turn away customers. They inquire about why someone wants an animal, can they meet the basic needs, things like that and if the person isn’t ready yet or should absolutely not have that animal they refuse the sale. The animals care and safety comes first. Chain stores only care about profit.

That girl should never have been sold that animal. They make really good fake spiders that would have served her prank just fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • Award Award x 1
  7. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

It was a similar "purchase for a prank" incident that actually got me into the hobby. I wasnt a fan of spiders and didnt get why one would own one...but as an animal lover, i understood the dangers and unadultetated stupidity involved in such a careless act.

A neighbor bought a rose hair and was showing it off to my brother when i walked in. As i asked why he bought a spider, he responded by telling me he got it to prank his roomate (college kids:confused:). He intended to throw it onto him.:banghead:

I informed him that his prank would likely kill the animal, which could potentially live for several more decades. When he responded that he didnt care because it would be soooo funny, I informed him he wasnt getting the t back....i commandeered the animal and still have that t to this day....that was 20 yrs ago and that t not only eliminated my phobias, but re kindled a childhood interest that led to my current room dedicated to them. And best of all, no animals were killed by a prank that night.

I found it disgusting and completely irresponsible that the life of an animal was held with so little regard, and no respect....i found the above prank video to be just as ill concieved and wrong.

Im amazed at how little some people value the lives of animals....but i guess i shouldnt be..just look at how many dogs are treated....and theyre intelligent and actually love people back.:sorry:
    20180725_201923.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 6
    • Award Award x 1
  8. Asgiliath

Asgiliath Arachnoknight Active Member

9. Tenebrarius

Tenebrarius Arachnoangel Active Member

>bugs
    I stopped watched at that moment :sour:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Arachnoangel Active Member

While I do appreciate those who try and overcome their arachnophobia this just kind of ruins the whole moment. You don’t magically stop being afraid of spiders if you have one crawl on you; it takes time and doesn’t always come right away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Minty

Minty @londontarantulas

Exactly. It might take a little bit of bravery to allow one to crawl on you, but all people will do is spend the whole time worrying they might be bitten.

12. MoranDisciple

MoranDisciple Arachnosquire

PA
    Bringing up Latrodectus death statistics? Good! Claiming that Theraphosa Sps. "Spin webs strong enough to catch birds"? Not so good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ThorsCarapace22

ThorsCarapace22 Arachnosquire

This makes me want to do a handstand, crap all over myself and inhale hot slag.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. MoranDisciple

PA
    How are people so irrational? The guy holding the dog was in more danger than this hysterical girl and her friend ever were.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Here is my own cringy video! Unboxing of my Homeoemma chilensis a couple years ago. This is one of two times I've ever handled this spider, and she's a lot closer to the substrate than she looks, but it still makes me cringe to watch now. Not to mention my unscrupulous technique with the tongs. Cringe starts around 1:28, the first minute is just my mum and I talking.

16. korlash091

korlash091 Arachnosquire

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. MoranDisciple

PA
    Not that cringy imo. Watching someone handle a tarantula is a hell of a lot more bearable than watching someone react to a tarantula like it's a ball of radioactive waste.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

My faith in the order of the world has been restored. :joyful:

'I didn't even bother him too much, was just trying to pick him up' :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
    Yeah, 'cobalt blue' (C.lividus) don't like to be picked up, just like everyone has been telling you, dimwit. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Award Award x 1
  19. Urzeitmensch

Urzeitmensch Arachnosquire

Either C. Lividus venom has very potent narcoleptic or neural effects and causes a swollen toungue or this lady is on some serious medication o_O

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. korlash091

korlash091 Arachnosquire

you should see some of her earlier videos, pure gold!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.