Cringy tarantula videos

I know people like him, and he leans towards children's entertainment, but Coyote Peterson and his ilk annoy me to no end

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
he leans towards children's entertainment
oh, dont you mean
>taking advantage of a childs inability to tell they are being manipulated in order to profit someone
that is sick. to abuse a child's innocence for monetary.

NOTHING upsets me more than children being taken advantage of or manipulated for depraved reasons.

oh, dont you mean
>taking advantage of a childs inability to tell they are being manipulated in order to profit someone
that is sick. to abuse a child's innocence for monetary.

NOTHING upsets me more than children being taken advantage of or manipulated for depraved reasons.
I'll have to agree with you there...

I have to ask. why are you so fascinated by velvet worms? do you own one?
Many reasons, the main one being their strong link to the very dawn of complex animal lifeforms. They have no living relatives and are unique in the tree of life. Other big factors would be their physiology and behavior, both of which are fascinating. They're also kinda cute (I think), but savage predators.

I have kept a single species from New Zealand a long while ago, they are incredibly hard to come by sadly :(
However, I have managed to get a group of CB tropical ones from a fellow AB member. I will be collecting them in person from the Hamm reptile expo in June and will be attempting to breed them myself :)

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
Many reasons, the main one being their strong link to the very dawn of complex animal lifeforms. They have no living relatives and are unique in the tree of life. Other big factors would be their physiology and behavior, both of which are fascinating. They're also kinda cute (I think), but savage predators.

I have kept a single species from New Zealand a long while ago, they are incredibly hard to come by sadly :(
However, I have managed to get a group of CB tropical ones from a fellow AB member. I will be collecting them in person from the Hamm reptile expo in June and will be attempting to breed them myself :)
I assume it is basically impossible to acquire in the States?

Indeed he does, and he's the first person in the US I've come across selling them.
He has Peripatoides novaezealandiae, which requires very low temperatures. Hopefully they become more prevalent in the hobby someday.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
Indeed he does, and he's the first person in the US I've come across selling them.
He has Peripatoides novaezealandiae, which requires very low temperatures. Hopefully they become more prevalent in the hobby someday.
definitely a cool animal. Its difficult care and breeding are probably why it isn't too popular.

I've been wanting to get into other animals, mainly inverts. But there are so many Ts I want, I cannot believe the diversity for these gorgeous beast...so many options :playful:

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel

Petition to ban Brian Barfsick from owning anything more complex than a rock when?
yeah I have left many long essays in his and his son's comments about most of what is being done wrong and how to fix it. seems like nothing has changed. He allows his employee, whom is a supposed "tarantula expert", to place an avic on his face. Really inappropriate handling, not only handling Ts in general, but purposefully letting nervous people handle Ts. A lot of the set-ups are poor, He gave what I think is a aphonopelma chalcodes a coconut shell snake hide...:bored: You see him do it again there with that smithi.
he put a smithi on an instagram models face, and then I realized how people get setae in their eyes-- stupidity.

I dont know anything about reptiles so I wont say anything there, but there is a lot to be said about his Ts.

some of the Ts are allowed enough sub and given too much vert space.

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
yeah I have left many long essays in his and his son's comments about most of what is being done wrong and how to fix it. seems like nothing has changed. He allows his employee, whom is a supposed "tarantula expert", to place an avic on his face. Really inappropriate handling, not only handling Ts in general, but purposefully letting nervous people handle Ts. A lot of the set-ups are poor, He gave what I think is a aphonopelma chalcodes a coconut shell snake hide...:bored: You see him do it again there with that smithi.
he put a smithi on an instagram models face, and then I realized how people get setae in their eyes-- stupidity.

I dont know anything about reptiles so I wont say anything there, but there is a lot to be said about his Ts.

some of the Ts are allowed enough sub and given too much vert space.

He also talks a lot about handling his Ts in the video I linked. He's just horrible.

And handling chameleons???? Yiiiikes.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
He also talks a lot about handling his Ts in the video I linked. He's just horrible.

And handling chameleons???? Yiiiikes.
He's come up in the thread once or twice already - it really sucks to see how far he's strayed from the days where he actually made enjoyable and even informative content. I used to look up to this guy, he's the one that made me want to get into snakes and other exotics. Now just seeing his name in passing makes me cringe.

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Very hard to find them, though iirc @JoeRossi had some advertised in the Sales section on the board. Local pickup only, otherwise I'd have jumped all over the chance to get one myself. :(
I have had a few PMs with those interested out of state....it never hurts to have a conversation so those with emoji agree, sad face, and posting here you can get in touch with me if you want a conversation about the topic in question.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince

Petition to ban Brian Barfsick from owning anything more complex than a rock when?
Ugh that is absolutely disgusting. If you’re going to keep the animal just to get a laugh out of it and to get more views just stop. People like this completely sicken my and who in the right mind sticks a camera in front of a feeding tarantula?

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
Ugh that is absolutely disgusting. If you’re going to keep the animal just to get a laugh out of it and to get more views just stop. People like this completely sicken my and who in the right mind sticks a camera in front of a feeding tarantula?
And he's putting them all in one of his racks, IIRC.

And he's got old worlds now, too. In his reptarium that's usually full of children. You can see the new spiders at 5:15

Annnnnd you can also see them handling new world Ts while standing up with nothing to protect them from a 4 foot + drop.