Cringy tarantula videos

Liquifin

Arachnoking
That person's a member here too.
I was typing the same thing, but you beat me to it.
TBH, I don't care if they're a member here or not (no offense). The wave of influence has changed by Youtubers. I wish that someone can make something different, yet something entertaining on T.'s. Maybe someone should make a twist on videos for this hobby instead of unoriginal content that has already been flushed out. Like I previously stated, "i'm not surprised" :meh:. This is why there are over 100+ T. Youtubers with only a small handful being known. Atleast she can keep T.'s properly, so that's a good one on them ;). But I still am tired of copycats and taking other content creator ideas. If you think about it, it's not that hard for original content (especially considering how many of the same kind of videos about T.'s are on Youtuber). Exotics Lair Watering Videos was a huge hit, yet i'm surprised no one thought of it till then.:rolleyes:

korlash091

Arachnosquire
IDK, I had to join the group, but nothing happened. So IDK what i'm supposed to be seeing.
they took down the post, thats why you cant see it. that was fast.
it was a video of a girl member of the group picking up 2 Ts and placing them on her face.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Her name is @Skyspider. For some reason it won't let me @ her properly.
SkyeSpider is the correct spelling -- I don't think it will suggest/autofill the name, but if you type it out in full it should still create the tag. Not sure there's value in summoning them to criticism when the spirit of the thread isn't really constructive in nature, however.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
"JUST BE ORIGINAL". Not some leech content wannabe on views/subscribers. I wish that someone tried something different for videos in this hobby and not some leech content from one successful/better youtuber. It's like eating someones table scraps that is left on the table to just get taste of the same thing.
The problem with making T videos for Youtube is simple - T's don't really do very much. It's not like with dogs, cats, and parrots, all of which are constantly doing entertaining things - T's mostly just sit there. So after you do the inevitable feeding vid, and you want hits, what do you do? Well, if you're more interested in hits than your T's well-being, you start with handling and get more extreme from there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning it, far from it, but I see how trying to do T videos can lead less experienced/scrupulous people down the wrong path. And I think even people who are well intentioned - Tarantula Dan, Exotics Lair, Dark Den - eventually get caught up in this trying to make content for their money-making channels.

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
The problem with making T videos for Youtube is simple - T's don't really do very much. It's not like with dogs, cats, and parrots, all of which are constantly doing entertaining things - T's mostly just sit there. So after you do the inevitable feeding vid, and you want hits, what do you do? Well, if you're more interested in hits than your T's well-being, you start with handling and get more extreme from there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning it, far from it, but I see how trying to do T videos can lead less experienced/scrupulous people down the wrong path. And I think even people who are well intentioned - Tarantula Dan, Exotics Lair, Dark Den - eventually get caught up in this trying to make content for their money-making channels.
Indeed. For me there are 5 ways you can make a tarantula video "exciting" naturally.

1) New tarantula. No unboxing with 1 hand though. Just unbox your new pet and then record them.

2) Rehousing. The same really.

3) A moult.

4) Feeding. The most popular for obvious reasons.

5) Breeding

Michael Guirov

Arachnopeon
Indeed. For me there are 5 ways you can make a tarantula video "exciting" naturally.

1) New tarantula. No unboxing with 1 hand though. Just unbox your new pet and then record them.

2) Rehousing. The same really.

3) A moult.

4) Feeding. The most popular for obvious reasons.

5) Breeding
Makeing the enclosures is pretty nice to watch aswell, those vids are among my favorite to watch if its creative or well built.

Probably my favorite part of the hobby aswell, building nice boxes with carefully planned functionality incorporated into asthetic design.

I guess its a shame some channels jump to the less approved or "easy" vids but your probably right that its tough to constantly come up with new content

basin79

ArachnoGod
Makeing the enclosures is pretty nice to watch aswell, those vids are among my favorite to watch if its creative or well built.

Probably my favorite part of the hobby aswell, building nice boxes with carefully planned functionality incorporated into asthetic design.

I guess its a shame some channels jump to the less approved or "easy" vids but your probably right that its tough to constantly come up with new content
The kicker is there's no reason to constantly come up with new content besides ego. Sad considering it's their pets.

dord

Arachnopeon
I don't even bother clicking on T videos where bold text and emojis cover thumbnail :yuck: