Cringy tarantula videos

Mikeyspikeyz

Arachnopeon
I dunno what I hate more: carelessness, ignorance, stupidity, or girls doing their make up and curling their hair before showing off their tarantulas like "Hot girls can be edgy too!!!"
It wouldn't be as bad if she just matched her skin tone....

What a brilliant display of idiocy.
I waited with bated breath but when it took off and ran toward his neck I almost squealed.

Edit: Oof, Didn't read time stamps, those comments were 2 years old.

Last edited:

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I should really quit visiting this thread, not sure how many more brain cells I have left to lose.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Too lazy to grab the link but these 2 drag queens I like recently had an "animal wrangler" on their show. She brought an AF G. rosea and had the queens hold her. You know, several feet above the ground. I swear the next person I see holding a tarantula anything more than 1 inch above the ground is getting pile-driven into the earth's core.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
And this is the guy that is causing an influx of new people in the hobby... I've seen two posters here that came into the hobby because of him. I'm sensing we'll be busy correcting mistaken info for some time. Again. :penguin:

The guy is a douche.
I watched the video I have never really bothered looking into breeding to me it looked unavoidable

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Also, ample cleavage is a must.

No, really. it is. ;)
Okay, I just got another notification for the post I quoted above. So I suppose I should take a closer look at the list.

After some careful analytics, the results are in, and here are the results...

9 people are familiar with my irreverent sense of humour, and of those, I received the all-important Arachnopets seal of approval.
2 people apparently like my assessment that ample cleavage is a must.
2 people think I am a sexist pig, and by extension believe that the 11 people I refer to above, plus the one below this point on the list I've made, are sexist pigs as well. For a total of 12 pigs.
1 person agrees in a show of solidarity, supporting my statement that ample cleavage is a must.
1 person either does not know what either "ample" is or what '"cleavage' is.

:D

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
What I want to know is why the heck almost none of these ‘arachnopets’ bite their stupid owners during the making of these videos. And that girl with the S dehaani, if she had been bitten in the neck she could have needed to go to the ICU! Isn’t there a saying that stupid people always appear ‘blessed’ with luck, until they aren’t anymore?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
What I want to know is why the heck almost none of these ‘arachnopets’ bite their stupid owners during the making of these videos. And that girl with the S dehaani, if she had been bitten in the neck she could have needed to go to the ICU! Isn’t there a saying that stupid people always appear ‘blessed’ with luck, until they aren’t anymore?
Oh definitely. I had two neighbors that were alcoholics but still drove their car and such. They ended up in a ditch like 5 times, totalled their car 4 of those times but didn't get more than a scratch. All the while, good people die everywhere. It is just not fair!:(

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
This kid said 'I'm not a fool' but I pity da fool! Geez! Just... no!
I couldn't finish the video. Seriously. A kid, how old? 13? Younger? Holding a S.subspinipes, letting it crawl on him. That's just begging for a trip to the ER.
He disabled the comments, unfortunately. Idiot. :confused:

Edit:
Just watched a little more... He just does it again! 'they wanted me to do it again because it went wrong'
WHAT!?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Mixed feelings about this one; on one hand, it is good to make people aware Theraphosids can swim and consequently do fine with a large waterdish. But that goal was already reached within the first minute of the video, so no reason to chuck it back in the water again.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
I'm pretty disgusted at how tarantulas (and other inverts/exotic pets) have become YouTube sensationalism fodder. I know that there are good invert people on there but most of it seems to be "OMFG GIANT HAIRY TARANTULA IN MY HOUSE???!! (GONE WRONG)" It simply feeds on the majority of the population's arachnophobia and teaches them nothing. Well, it teaches them that tarantulas are 1) props for videos and certainly not real animals, 2) DANGEROUS AS ALL GET OUT, and 3) definitely things you need to be afraid of. You scroll through the comments of these videos and it's nothing but "ew gross i would never touch a spider ever" "omg this is sooooo scary im so afraid of spiders!!!" "yuck"

I'm not saying that I want every single human being to love tarantulas and have one as a pet, but I sure wish that these idiots weren't working against education. Sensationalism breeds stupidity.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I'm pretty disgusted at how tarantulas (and other inverts/exotic pets) have become YouTube sensationalism fodder. I know that there are good invert people on there but most of it seems to be "OMFG GIANT HAIRY TARANTULA IN MY HOUSE???!! (GONE WRONG)" It simply feeds on the majority of the population's arachnophobia and teaches them nothing. Well, it teaches them that tarantulas are 1) props for videos and certainly not real animals, 2) DANGEROUS AS ALL GET OUT, and 3) definitely things you need to be afraid of. You scroll through the comments of these videos and it's nothing but "ew gross i would never touch a spider ever" "omg this is sooooo scary im so afraid of spiders!!!" "yuck"

I'm not saying that I want every single human being to love tarantulas and have one as a pet, but I sure wish that these idiots weren't working against education. Sensationalism breeds stupidity.
Have you noticed that the youtubers that focus on education get less views/subscribers than a channel that primarily uses tarantulas as entertainment props? It is sad really. The cringe begins with the title.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Have you noticed that the youtubers that focus on education get less views/subscribers than a channel that primarily uses tarantulas as entertainment props? It is sad really. The cringe begins with the title.
Oh definitely. Because people who wanna be spooked by spiders don't want to see a well-thought-out, educational video. That's boring. They want someone to throw a spider into a person's face and thrill them. Validate their fears.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma

The packaging of these slings certainly leaves something to be desired, so it's not all on the two guys in the video, but still, I feel like there is a better method to doing this. Maybe if ExoticsLair put the camera down and actually helped, his friend wouldn't have slings running all over? Also, I just could not watch all the way through. Sigh.