controversial question, would you eat a tarantula?

napalm

Arachnopeon
one served to you cooked in a restaurant, personally, I'd see nothing different than eating other animal.
I dont think I would personally, I'd see it too much like eating a dog, I just like them too much to eat them, althought I've eaten and eggs and grasshoppers (could be crickets not sure) in a prehispanic restaurant in mexico, pretty yummy

Shadow Tongue

Arachnopeon
Um, I also like dogs, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be willing to, say, eat one in a restaurant if it passed health standards.

People push their sentimentalities too far. Meat is meat (as long as it isn't human).

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i wouldn't, but my issues are more about texture. i'm a picky eater.

omg, as i typed that, i small house spider ran up my arm from out of no where. i think it may have bit me. :(
(i'm not kidding.... weird! i said i WOULDN'T eat them!)

ShaggE

Arachnopeon
I love trying new and unusual foods, even insect delicacies (chocolate covered ants for the win), but I think I'd say no to anything bigger than a grasshopper or small scorpion.

ricneto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes, as long as it is not a endangered species and preferably coming from some type of T farming.
I tried Scorpions and it is quite nice, like a dried fried prawn.:drool:
I just hope if someone try T's they do not use blondis{D

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, as long as it is not a endangered species and preferably coming from some type of T farming.
I tried Scorpions and it is quite nice, like a dried fried prawn.:drool:
I just hope if someone try T's they do not use blondis{D
i think the haplos are the most common "crunchie." ;)
no wonder they're so darn angry.

sweetmisery

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wouldnt mind. Its a delicacy in some countries. Even in Survivor, they had a challenge where you have to finish one whole steamed T.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey why not. I'd try one.
I mean I have eaten monkey brains. A T can't be that bad.
What is that dish called in Asia where they let a duck egg mature 3/4 of the way but before it hatches they boil it and then eat the almost fully formed baby bird? I remember they interpreter telling us that if you get one with a little crunch to it those are the best. Don't remember what it was called though........:confused:

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Depends on how it was prepared, but yeah, I'd try one.

I love reptiles you know, but that dosen't stop me from eating alligator when I can (usually twice a year). Its acctually really great! Kinda like a much spicer version of polish sausage. ~ Rex

napalm

Arachnopeon
Hey why not. I'd try one.
I mean I have eaten monkey brains. A T can't be that bad.
What is that dish called in Asia where they let a duck egg mature 3/4 of the way but before it hatches they boil it and then eat the almost fully formed baby bird? I remember they interpreter telling us that if you get one with a little crunch to it those are the best. Don't remember what it was called though........:confused:
well, in the philippines at least, it's called Balot, heard it's pretty tasty, but I dont like how birds taste myself

roberto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Absolutely.

Roasted T. blondi are delicious when served in a carefully prepared balsamic reduction and toasted pine nuts. Served with Silver Oak Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 1989...my mouth waters at the thought.

You need to remember that all those troublesome urticating hairs are rendered harmless when charred, therefore, roasting is the preferred method for preparing new world tarantulas. Their old world counterparts can be readily boiled, stewed, braised, or tossed into salads- alive or dead.:drool:

ricneto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Roasted T. blondi are delicious when served in a carefully prepared balsamic reduction and toasted pine nuts. Served with Silver Oak Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 1989...my mouth waters at the thought.

You need to remember that all those troublesome urticating hairs are rendered harmless when charred, therefore, roasting is the preferred method for preparing new world tarantulas. Their old world counterparts can be readily boiled, stewed, braised, or tossed into salads- alive or dead.:drool:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

napalm

Arachnopeon
nice recipe for the blondi, if you bought one and authanized t on the freezer, think it'd lose some flavor?