Species Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens ("GBB")

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
that is an awsome looking GBB jake...and one awsome pic to...very nice :worship: :clap:

gothmog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What a handsome spider, good luck finding a girl for him :)

-- Jon

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
the evolution of the GBB

ok mine is not that colorfull yet be its getting there...the first pic is when i picked it up it was taken 10-28-04--.75"...the next pic is after the molt on 11-15-04--1.25"....the third pic is after the molt on 12-16-04--1.75 {D..molt again on 1-20-05 app 2-25".. :D

Last edited:

DAAMOOK

Arachnopeon
Chromatopelma Cyanopubescens

The one freshly molted to L4 :D . One day after molt.

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice one. I've got a bit larger beast, but all of them all lovely.
Do you feed her just after the moulting?
I see small cricket (or very large Collembola) on the wall :D

DAAMOOK

Arachnopeon
Dark Raptor said:
Do you feed her just after the moulting?
I see small cricket (or very large Collembola) on the wall :D
I waited for about 4 days after moult for feeding.

You can see the new hached cricket on the wall of box. The cricket hached the same day and was 2 mm long.

The t ate 10 crictets then.

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok. I was just curious, because you've wrote that pictures were taken just day after moulting.

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Finally I can post on this thread Wonderful little creatures they are, already had his first cricket and has been dubbed "Lightning" due to being the pocket rocket of my t's lol ;)

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok. Everybody shows their T.
So... look at this :D

Now I know that command "IMG" from my server works {D

mimic58

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
whats the best way to sex these?

Il post pics as soon as it finishes this molt :) im preying its a girl i keep getting rinced with males :wall:

blckwidow75

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually you know what? Ginger is a MALE, but I name all my T's when I get them as spiderlings and by the time I find out what gender they are they already have an "identity" to me! You'd sex these just like any other T - look for a flap and if you don't see one you probably have another male :( Right now 10 of mine are sexed and I have 5 known females and 5 known males. I guess that's fair...

mimic58

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
blckwidow75 said:
look for a flap and if you don't see one you probably have another male :( Right now 10 of mine are sexed and I have 5 known females and 5 known males. I guess that's fair...

Where is it located on the underside of the abdomen?? or elsewhere?

blckwidow75

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mimic58 said:
Where is it located on the underside of the abdomen?? or elsewhere?
Best bet is to wait for a molt - it will be on the inside of the abdomen. There are many sexing threads on the boards. Do a search and you'll see many great close-up shots of what to look for. If you have the Tarantula Keeper's Guide, see page 51. If you don't, it's a must have!

Brando

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How much do these guys cost in the US and where can you buy them? I love the colors on the mature adults and the vast difference in appearance from the younger ones. Awesome pictures you guys are lucky!

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
the evolution continues...molt 3/4/05=2.75-3" {D (female) if you notice this is part of my continuing thread for this specie im posting pics of all the color stages, enjoy. molted again on 5-5-05 about 3.75"

Last edited:

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Old Timer
Brando said:
How much do these guys cost in the US and where can you buy them? I love the colors on the mature adults and the vast difference in appearance from the younger ones. Awesome pictures you guys are lucky!
An adult female is usually around $200 or sooo :eek: It is well worth it if you have that kinda cash