Chilobrachys fimbriatus - awesome OW!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Since not everyone checks picture threads, here are some three pics I took today of "Hera", the girl molted a few weeks ago and was out. Took the opportunity to get some pics of her and then fed her. Enjoy!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
They are awesome. I had to pack up a SAF for shipping the other day. She wasnt happy, but man she was beautiful.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Since not everyone checks picture threads, here are some three pics I took today of "Hera", the girl molted a few weeks ago and was out. Took the opportunity to get some pics of her and then fed her. Enjoy!

Yep I know what you mean they are a good looking tarantula and I agree hardly no one looks at the picture thread.

basin79

ArachnoGod

She's absolutely phenomenonal. I often find myself drawn to this sp. I will definitely have to own one at some point.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Aren't these guys recommended as an intro to OW species? What is their speed and toxicity like? Both relatively low compared to other OW? Or are they pretty comparable?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Aren't these guys recommended as an intro to OW species? What is their speed and toxicity like? Both relatively low compared to other OW? Or are they pretty comparable?
Very fast. I am not sure on toxicity but as they are Asian I'm sure its pretty potent.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I wouldn't recommend those as first OW's.

Had those in the past... very fast and pretty high strung (IMO not like a P.murinus, however). Venom is one of the most underestimated, I tell you. I view those, venom potency talking, just like 'Pokies'. Overall, they are amazing.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Well darn I'll have to stick to GBB for my heavy webbing!

However my n. Incei I've noticed loves to Web just about everywhere in his enclosure.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Well darn I'll have to stick to GBB for my heavy webbing!

However my n. Incei I've noticed loves to Web just about everywhere in his enclosure.
D. fasciatum grows to similar size and is also similar looking. They are heavy webbers too and are usually sold at a very generous price here in Europe.

cold blood

Staff member
D. fasciatum grows to similar size and is also similar looking. They are heavy webbers too and are usually sold at a very generous price here in Europe.
They do not grow to a similar size...they're much smaller. And they are heavy webbers, but not to this degree.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Chilobrachys in general are spectacular. It's just that most don't have such amazing coloration! You can't beat the C. fimbriatus webbing, though. If there is a heavier webber in the hobby, then I haven't found it yet. And they work fast.

Not all chilos are as defensive as C. fimbriatus, though. Both C. andersoni and C. huahini prefer to run and hide IME.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@magicmed
I suggest you a C.marshalli, or another of that genus. Seriously they aren't that bad, temperament talking. Definitely a perfect OW for start.
Dat horn :-s

basin79

ArachnoGod
Just ordered myself a young adult female. It would appear at some point meant this week.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Do these require a hide or will they burrow given enough sub?