Big problem! (pics) not for the faint of heart.

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
push the inerds back into the body, then use superglue mixed with tissue paper to cast it off.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh yes your T molting and being alive is so on topic. Sorry I am a bit bitter at the moment.
i agree, that post wasnt really appropiate IMO:? .
Sorry about the loss, looks like you made the right choice this morning even if it was a hard one.

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sorry man.

I lost one to something like thatgot ripped up in a molt. It was a Brachypelma albopilosum. It gutted me. She was one of my first tarantulas, and I had her for 17 years.

That really sucks.

Topcat1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nothing sappy about getting attached to a T. I'm looking at a couple right now that I've gotten attached to and would be quite upset if they kicked the bucket. Real sorry about the outcome dude.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ryan, i read this sad thread earlier and didn't even know what to say. He looks like he was a gorgeous B. smithi. i remember you telling me before how you no longer name your T's. This was such an unusual event, its hard to believe it wasn't somehow related to the odd place his leg previously broke and him unable to regenerate it. i do know one thing though, from the short time i have had the chance to 'get to know you' through your posts, you obviously take beyond excellent care of your T's and know what you're doing. This special T could have ended up anywhere with someone who didn't take as good of care of him and he was lucky that he was at least able to live out his time under your care. Sorry for you loss... :(

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
looks to me like it was indeed a failed attempt at regenerating that leg too far into the molt cycle - probably compounded/made worse by the fact that a small part of the leg was still there before the molt.
the new leg would just coil up in the coxa unless there was something fairly freakily wrong. the closer to molt a leg starts regenerating the smaller the leg is, rather than somethign going wrong.

can't really see too much from the pic, but i would almost say they are two somewhat unrelated things

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
*hugs* to you... So sorry for your loss.. he's gone to a better place!

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wow, that must be really disappointing. Doesn't seem like anything else you could do but put him down. This is always the most difficult part of owning any pet. :(

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sad end for the ( t ) but look at it this way with all your experience and the care you had given him he must of had a good life with you just think he could have some pratt who did not care about him so keep that in mind you did your best by him ._._._ phil

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Unbelieveable! I never thought in a million years thought something like this could happen. I appreciate you sharing all that you did. To risk getting a bit off topic, I recieved a t with 2 mangled legs. It was shipped in a container way too small for it! The legs are now utterly useless to it. The t hasn't lost the legs though. Should I snip them off or wait and see? The seller reccommend I snip them off.. yikes! :confused:

My condolences for the loss as well!

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OMG-Im So Sorry!

I just tuned into this post and cant believe what I am seeing....I am soo sorry for your loss "Talkenlate". I am extremely attached to my Ts- and if I found what u found, Id be so depressed. I hope u are doing ok (well- as ok as can be expected at a time like this), and hope u get another T to get your mind onto something else. Those pics were horrible, but I think u did the right thing man... Im very saddened by this. Just wish there was something more we could have done, but my heart goes out to u right now, buddy
Take care

Squeaksville

Arachnopeon
I'm sooooooo sorry!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I have a B. smithi that I just got June 6th. I'm already attached to the little guy so I couldn't imagine losing him like that. Thanks for showing the pics. I'm still new to the spider world and this is something I can learn from. Again sorry for your loss talkenlate04. Big Hugs!!:8o

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm so sorry Ryan! I hope you can find another T to replace this guy. My most sincerest condolences to you, I never ever want to see a T like that. Missing leg is ok but not that mess....:( I hope things shape up better for you bro.

-Andy