Big problem! (pics) not for the faint of heart.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
He just made some sort of effort to bite of whats hanging there, but he gave up mid try.......... I dont know if I can update to much more I am really bummed out.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This might seem like a weird idea but if it doesnt want it there and it was a piece of leg that didn't develop then maybe you should try to remove it, patch the wound, and then ICU him... However, I am not speaking from any level of knowledge.. just an idea.... I would be bummed too man, sorry..

Last edited:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
looking like that...I'd have froze him already. BUT...that's me.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
looking like that...I'd have froze him already. BUT...that's me.
I have a bad feeling thats where hes going but I have to be sure. I am beyond fond of this guy. His name is "gimpy" cause of his missing leg when I got him.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
man thats to bad, im interested to know how its doing by morning...ya never know:rolleyes:

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry your guy is in such bad shape:(
I'd definitely give him a chance to recover since it his leg, maybe he'll pull through.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
man thats bad i feel for the poor boy and you give him a bit more time but it do not look good sorry :( :( ._._._ phil

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
aw man, that sucks, poor guy. If that happened to me and my T was in that condition.. I would most likely freeze it. That's just my opinion.
Aw man, poor t, sorry to say that but I would freeze it as well.

Take care!

Alain

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hes not going to make it. I put him in the freezer before I left for work. :8o

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
:(

thanks for the pics...i have never seen that before
I have not ether and I hope I don't ever see it again. I have never had a T that did not regenerate its limb. Something went really wrong the new exo never even grew just the insides of the leg formed.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hes not going to make it. I put him in the freezer before I left for work. :8o

Sorry to hear about your loss. That's one of the strangest things I have ever seen. It was a beautiful T !

The only " bright side " is now you have space to get another T. Is there a brachy sp. you don't have ?

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
while we are on the subject my smithi female moulted last night

this has to be the best skin i have seen so far...it looks like the actual spider

shes getting to a decent size now...that shed is just over 5" so it must be a bit bigger now

(good for scaring people) :D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
while we are on the subject my smithi female moulted last night
Oh yes your T molting and being alive is so on topic. Sorry I am a bit bitter at the moment.

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i read you mention that you had a lot of smithis etc in another topic and you are obviously interested in brachys so i thought id post it...your pics where making me nervous when mine was moulting.

you did the right thing freezing him...by those pics it didnt look good....dont let it get you down...you know how things are with T's...these random things happen.

you planning on any other T as a replacement

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a few other males I could pick up. But everyone knows that sometimes one T gets you, it seems to make it self stand out from the rest. I don't normally name my Ts anymore ether I think he was the last one that I named.

Ok enough of me being all sappy. It was weird, and at least I am glad I had people to share it with.

Last edited:

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a few other males I could pick up. But everyone knows that sometimes one T gets you, it seems to make it self stand out from the rest. I don't normally name my Ts anymore ether I think he was the last one that I named.

Ok enough of me being all sappy. It was weird, and at least I am glad I had people to share it with.
i have one that way, would be quite upset if she died.
sorry about it. :(