Best freebie you ever received?

FRAZE01

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My best freebies have een a T.plumipes and a T purpurea,but I think that any freebie is great.Especially the ones that you aren't expecting or that are tailored to your taste in T's.

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
L. parahybana aka "Larry" from Swift, since he is my only freebie, he is the best. No idea on sex, but he's gone from a transparent lil fart to a 3" juvie in way less than a year.

luna

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Rojo - my mm B. smithi

This summer I purchased 3 adult female Brachypelmas from Socrates ~ Wendy. I now have a beautiful trio of ladies; B. smithi, B. boehmei and B. vagans.

As part of this deal I received my very best freebies ever, she gave me two of her mature males: B. smithi & B. emilie. Sadly, the B. emilie has died. Rojo, the B. smithi is still hanging in there! I have had him for more than two months and he is still eating (another cricket yesterday). I know he won’t be around for long but I love him. My students liked him more than the other spiders too. I rarely handle any of my tarantulas but Rojo is very tolerant and we did get him out during a few classes and after school for those extremely interested kids. I hope he is one of those freaky mm that lasts forever because I think he is so special.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I got a B. sabulosum which was awesome.. and an A. braunshauseni.. both of those were WAY neat!!! I did the happy tarantula dance for half hour with both of those freebies!

Orchidspider

Arachnopeon
A good friend just gave me a Singapor Blue sling, and its eating like a champ. Yet I was the one who sold her her first T, I had a spare B smithi female that I had raised from a sling, and I wanted to make sure it went to a good home. Well now my friend has at least 9 T's and is an avid fan of this site, and when she got a Singapore blue female, it laid an egg sack, unfortunatly, the spider died but, but she (my friend) managed to hatch about 40+ of the eggs- and she made sure I got a fiesty sling. It pays to get new people addicted to hobbies you like!

zimbu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got into the hobby when a friend of mine gave me a pair of adult G. rosea about a month ago, so I'm pretty happy with them :p.

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just got my best freebie ever. Long story short a retired man who travels back and forth (Can/US border) can't really take the T's with him. He opted to give them away and we (my fiance and I) were the lucky ones.

There are 8 all together.

Aphonopelma bicoloratum U/S 3"
Avicularia versicolor U/S 2+"
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens U/S 3"+
Ephebopus uatuman U/S 1.5"
Grammostola rosea F 4"
Grammostola aureostriata F 4"+
Haplopelma lividum F 4" +
Metriopelma zebratum U/S (not sure on size haven't seen it yet lol)

Thanks again Charlie you are more of a man than I could ever be:clap:

Snakeman4life

Hulk Smash
Old Timer
The only freebies I have received were a Holothele "Notre de Santander" and a C. fimbriatus sling. However that same day I won a 2" Xenethis immanis sling as a door prize.

Faunya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I bought some bird food and a couple of aquatic plants at petco. The "reptile expert" sent me home with a B. smithi because she was afraid of it. He's nearly mature now, and I already have a girlfriend lined up for him.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hmm lets see. I got an A. moderatum, and P. plattyomma for free once ...that sounds like a great pair of freebies lol

giraffelagoon

Arachnopeon
The a.hentzi my mom brought home from the side of the road.
Ha, but I havent done enough online buying to get a freebee yet.

adonis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Also haven't gotten a freebie. Some larger purchases should net me one though! Hopefully B.vagans. A gorgeous spider

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When I ordered my pair of G. pulchra from SSW I received an H. lividum, which I was pumped about. A free tarantula is a free tarantula, regardless of whether it's on your wish list or not. The fact that the dealer was kind enough to do it as an appreciation of business is enough for me.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My freebies is the Ts someone gave me after my female E.cyano died

2 E.cyanognathus

1 C.schioedeti

1 P.irminia

1 H.gigas

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
two poecilotheria striata (thanks again to the friend who gave them to me)

A male brachypelma auratum after buying a female for $150

7.5 inch scolopendra heros castaniceps from some random guy outside the arachnoexpo.

:)

petshopguy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Obt

I got 5 free OBT slings from Mike Lawless (just pay shipping). They are my first slings and I know will train me to enjoy the slower and more docile species even more. They are growing fast and are sooo cool.

josh_cloud

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So far my freebies have been:
P. cambridgei
B. vagans
A. seemani

but i think that the coolest was the A. seemani. when i contacted Mikey to give him a health report on my slings, he wrote,"what about the A. seemani?"
Luckily my son had saved the box and we dug thru it and found the sling unscathed.:D Way unexpected, way cool!:cool:

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So far the best freebies I've ever recieve was a 9 year old, female B. smithi. I'd only had to pay for the shipping cost which was $20. He didn't want it for some reason, so I said I'd be happy to take the spider. This was several weeks ago. He posted on the ATS forum and I was the first one to PM him and sent him an E-mail, so I got the spider. Before I was only dreaming of a big, female B. smithi; I'd looked through Kingsnake classified section and some of the dealers on this site, but I'd never thought I'd actually get one and one that big. I was thinking of purchasing a sling and hope it's a female. It made me feel like someone up there is helping me. {D

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some of my very best T's have turned out to be freebies. I was given my B. albopilosum and my H. maculata by Travis; in separate orders. A free B.smithi from Ryan...Also my first A.avic was given to me by a young man whose mother "found out" he had her..lolol. I was given a H.minax female by another youngster who heard about the previous "rescue" from the first young man. No kidding. ;P {D