B.auratum (Mexican Flame Knee) for $4??!! I need to know who MAY want one..

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Actually, some one should save a print out of that last promise because by the time those s'ling come around Dave should be about knee deep in loan payments so he's going to be looking for more like $50 per :) :)

and, yes, I will back up Dave's story completely. I spoke to Jill and she didn't have the full details until today and was a little fuzzy on the parentage of the s'lings. But, come Tuesday I will be placing a long distance order from her.

Jeff

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha i haven't payed a dime for med school or my PhD...

the govt pays for anyone who gets accepted to a split MD/PhD program.. since they only accepted 2 of us at the Mayo, I ain't paying a dime, which is why i can spend all my money on T's :)

and my 2 little fake flame knee slings just molted.. along with my chaco....

i went in earlier and checked on them, and a couple of hours later i found molts in there.. didn't even realise it!

=D

peace
dave

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave

and skadi, you'll be the first to get a REAL flame knee sling when its all bred and done!
dave man, you rock my world. ;)

MORBIUS

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Dave

Mistakes happen no harm no foul. Thanks for the info. anyway.

=D MORBIUS

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i believe the kids are saying "fo' sheezy" now a days, right?

haha im kidding. im just 23 years old.

but yeah, no prob. Nex time i find a hot deal (cos they're usually not bunk, no matter what the jaded people say), i'll be posting it, don't you worry!!

what a nice thread :)
later
dave

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes Dave

You know it all..:)
What a thread you started..:)

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
As for ME, I will NEVER buy a T labeled as "fuzzy 8 legged thing in a deli cup" AGAIN!!!!:D

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha, you got taken once mizm?

its amazing HOW many mislabelled T's go around. I kind of like it once in a while, if its like $20 and you really can't tell what it is -- mystery T here we come :)

At the last pittsburgh rep show, "Giant Mexican Bird Tarantula"

um, so .. what exactly is that? it wasnt a blondi, and it wasnt an avic. it looked like an aphonopelma sp. kind of, but I didnt get it, cos it was $65, but hey, if its like $20 or under, i'm down... The guyhad some amazing versis though. He said he got that "bird tarantula" in a trade, and he didnt know what it was. So i asked him why he named it that, and he said thats what his friend called it. It was a male with tibial hooks, and was only about 5 inches. Giant eh? :) I think his name was mike, if you're ever at the Pgh Rep show, go see if he still has it!

you gotta be open to trying new T's, right?

another good one "fuzzy hair tarantula" for "B.albopilosum"... $10 for adults, though,so.. can't go wrong....

i think a couple of us had made a list of all the wierd T names we found at petco and local pet stores...

but as many of us know, you can't always go with whats labelled on the deli cup!

=D
peace
dave

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
At the last pittsburgh rep show, "Giant Mexican Bird Tarantula"
=D :D Did it have wings?:D =D

Actually one of my best buys was a brown-phase rosea. The store thought it was a not-very-colorful rosea, sold her for $10. She was an awesome yellowish-brown and gorgeous in MY eyes! Unfortunately, she died... big old thread on that one!!