B.auratum (Mexican Flame Knee) for $4??!! I need to know who MAY want one..

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
alright,well there seems to be enough of interest so I'm going to spend all day tommorow trying to find the actual breeding mother, to find out for sure.

i don't mind if i got taken for a ride.. hey its 2 mystery Ts for $8 and free cage/vermiculite...

i still know people who want these even if they end being some normal run-of-the-mill T :)
i'll post tommorow!!

peace
dave

MORBIUS

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey R.D. I'm intrested in a couple of them also. Even if they don't turn out to be B.auratum it's still a new addition and who can complain about a new T. Please let me know whats up.
Thanks
MORBIUS

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sounds good.. hopefully it turns out to be a flame-knee...

but even if not, still a cool T and a great price..
=D

peace
dave

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Dave,

You may want to wait until you get a LIIIIIITLE more info before posting this kind of stuff.... if you don't watch it, you'll get a rep you'll not soon shake. That, or people will just think you're an attention freak..... :D

BTW, you earned yourself a title rape.... ;)

defour

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
mean the store has an amazing selection, and i know she talks to pat, kelly, kat (capiz), used to be tight with capiz, and she's in the know...

she's real legit, and she had the female herself, which was bred and then it was sold... at least i think thats the story.. i'm looking in to ALL of this tommorow! :)

I know the shop in question and bought three of the spiderlings. The "an" in the photo is the tail end of "Chilean", hence Grammostola rosea (I'm guessing from the "flame" that whoever had the female before was still using "spatulata"). A little wider shot here would have been illuminating. I suppose it's possible they're something else, but I really doubt it. Mine are eating and growing like the other Grammostola spp. I have, which is to say little and slowly, nothing like the Brachys I've kept. The story I got involved a wild caught female, which argues against B. auratum too.

Good joke though! ;-)

Steve

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
dave dude, you should be beaten. (sniffle) i'm so ashamed of you. :(

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
whoa whoa whoa ---

the whole reason i posted this whole thing was to see if it was worth searching into this...

i didnt post all like 'IVE GOT THIS CRAP, LET ME TAKE ORDERS NOW, GIVE ME MO-N-E-Y"

i feel like you guys havent read the whole thread? I mean, seriously, how many times did i say "i don't know what the deal is"

obviously if i wanted a bad rep, i'd take some cues from some other people on this board (uh.. you know who) :) I didn't post anything like "ALRIGHT, HERE'S WHERE TO SEND ME MONEY, DO IT NOW! I KNOW THIS IS A FKnee "

as i said --
I didn't post anything on purpose and I was just as confused as everyone else....

I SERIOUSLY posted like 4 times about how Im just seeing if anyone was interested in me going deeper into this..

are we just reading titles and then posting, or...... Seriously, Mr.I -- I don't mean any offense (obviously).. but check what I wrote :)

And skadi -- seriously.. come on...? You're ASHAMED of me?!! I think that's pretty weak.

let's take some choice quotes i posted:

"i hope this is legit. This better not end being like curlyhair slings or something I know a dealer who got sold a bunk-load of poec slings this year... how mad would you be?!"

and how bout:
"again, i'm still looking into this and will bring back what i can find "

and try this on for size. Seriously, i think i said this before ALL of you guys did:
"let me finish dinner and i'll work on some better pics.. I can't tell ... i want to say they are flame knees, but.. at the same time, they slightly look (at least to me) like a grammostola sp...." <--- Uh....??!!! I SPELLED IT OUT!!!! :) that's like blowing the cover!!

and if that's STILL not enough, how bout this:
"Yes, thats why i posted using the word MAY, and also used THEORETICALLY, POSSIBLY and GIVE ME SOME TIME TO FIGURE THIS OUT.. "

seriously.. don't add insult to injury, please. don't even use the words "bad rep" or "attention freak".. what would you do? Just PM EVERYONE? no, that's what this beautiful board is all about, right?

like i did this all on purpose? what am i? spawn of Jacen here all of a sudden? (Ah, come on, it's been said in MUCH worse terms on the other thread.. MUCH WORSE, WORDY terms) :)

i'm pretty much half kidding, but we're all mature people here. Hell, most of us are even adults :)

understand what i really posted: a possible great find and an offer to everyone.. i never said anything definative.. cos i don't know, and won't till tommorow, though.......

please please PLEASE respect the truth of the situation. I know some people may come on this board and jag you guys around, but I sure as hell ain't. And edit this if you like, the content still stands. I'm a professional person, and a lover of T's. I'm not in this for money or anything. I'm here for, like pretty much everyone else here, the love of these animals.

please don't make this situation into something it isn't -- me screwing around (because I'm not)....

attention freak? hardly.
a possibly great chance to score some amazing T's? definately.
something to be ashamed about? No freaking way, skadi :)

think about that and then respond.

I suppose some of you might be jaded by other members, but i'm not them!

I'msorry if this sounds rude, but on second reading, it really isn't.
I'm still getting emails from people who want them, even if they aren't flame knees.. which kind of sucks, since this would have beenthe score of the CENTURY... but what can you do? One day,right?

And if i came across something like this in the future, I'd sure as heck post it AGAIN. Thats what we do here, right?

The whole point of the post was to see (as it was written MANY MANY TIMES) if it was in any way worth my time to look into this for other people. If no-one was interested, i would have just kept it to myself and not even bothered to go deeper. I'm fine with my 'mystery T's', though i think now they def are what i conjectured, a G.sp.

If people were interested, i would have gone through with figuring out what the heck is going on with these guys.

remember, i ORIGINALLY picked up a couple of these guys. I had my hopes up more than ANY of you! =D

too bad, though...
Hey at least i've made out like a freaking bandit with everything else. 2 out of like 15 ain't bad,right?

Again, i mean no offense in any way and i highly doubt any of this comes off as offensive.... i don't deserve a bad rep since i haven't done anything but try to bring something interesting to this board. god knows we need it sometimes, am i right? =D

i'm def. not editing this for grammar or spelling either ;P

I do, however, love the avatar-title-change.. i def. earned that, huh? haha

peace
dave, still a good guy ;)

Last edited:

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
>And skadi -- seriously.. come on...? You're ASHAMED of me?!! I think that's pretty weak.

dude, i am SO sorry, i was joking, totally, completely.

i thought to try to lighten the situation. apparently i should've added a smiley face.

i'm really sorry, i was NOT serious in the least! you have posted fantastic information about Ts and i have deep respect for your knowledge and all the help you've given me.

please do not be offended. i am the one who should be shamed.

it was honestly a joke that i hoped would lighten the mood.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey man, sorry, but it DEF. didn't come off as a joke!
seriously...

you go back and put that into context and see what you come up with :)

i thank you kindly..
i hope you realise what exactly i was doing here (read: trying to bring a sweet deal here.. but turns out the fates weren't on our side, people)

i am in NO way sorry for posting this at all, and would do it again in the future!

I thought i made it BLARING clear how uncertain i was :)

And, skadi, how are your kids doing? I've posted it a couple times, but i guess youhaven't seen it?

Is everything well with them?
do you want some $4 slings? =D ;P

later skad,
dave

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
no man, i completely understand. i forgot the smiley face. i am famous for dry wit and sarcasm and cannot believe i forgot to put one. :/

i am a complete and utter git.

:(

no dude, i think the posting was awesome, and i did read your original comments about you being unsure. hey, don't be sorry, you shouldn't be! you said you were unsure from the VERY first post. shrug it off. :)

no, haven't seen your msgs actually, been reading here and there and missed internet access for a few days when my windows XP decided to be evil. (grumble)

however, they are doing just lovely except for the PZB 1/2" sling who STILL hasn't eaten and is giving me fits. :/

see the pics in my signature, i'm all sophisticated now, and have three more. =D

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I would be interested if you find out what they are. Heck, I'm open to anything as long as it's not a rosea. I already have 2 of those :}

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lpack- nice, well i'm still going to find out for SURE what they are (though, i think they may be a G.sp.... but still, not 100% sure right! the name on the tank in the pic that i had may not be right!)

and skad -- what have you tried to feed the pzb?

don't worry..sometimes when they're small they're wierd with food. Some of my slings are PIGS and some are like kate moss.. so go figure :)

i'm gonna go see your pics now!
peace
dave

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
argh dude, kate moss! don't give me nightmares and please, no pics. :eek:

as far as feeding the PZB, pinhead crickets (alive, headless, squished), flightless fruit flies (alive, squished, cold aka comatose).

suggestions? :/ she's so tiny i worry about her lack of nutrition.

she does have plenty of burrowing energy though i must say! :) her conditions are the same as the other slings, moist substrate, warm environment.

everyone is eating like pigs but her...well, and my new curly hair female, but she's shy. :D

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Dave, thanks for bringing this possible bargain to out attention. Shame it didn't work out. Better luck next time.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
ooooooook, I guess giving someone a hard time goes right over some people's heads.

Dave, seriously, if I'd know you were going to spend an hour typing a post trying to explain how you weren't totally serious yet, I wouldn't have even made the joke in the first place. Lighten up a bit... I was just giving you a hard time. You've posted like a hundred times in the past few weeks with all your "special T deals" you've been getting, and I thought it was time someone gave you a hard time about it. Obviously, I was mistaken... :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well...

I am a real easy going guy --
it wasn't a hard post... or an angry post.. or a post full of wit and fire....

and i can def. take the ribbing.. hell i've been playing college hockey for 4 years now.. if there's something i've learned its how to take a beating sent with love.. ah, the art of the genlte ribbing :)

however, sometimes, in certain contexts, what you IMPLY isn't what someone picks up on....

like i said to skadi --
put it back into context.. and then come over to my side.. and read it... even things as insignificant as a little joke can end starting a huge thing. I DEFY you to tell me that some HUGE ordeal has never been started over a little communication mishap.. someone thought you meant X and but you were really just joking about Y.. "oh hey honey.. how was work? Oh you got your hair cut.. i didn't even notice...." <--- =D

thats something i've learned in life... some people don't know it but i think its a good thing to learn, no matter how old you are, but sometimes you may think youre doing something, but other people who don't have the joy of being in your (using the general 'you' here) head... and they pick up something totally different.

and you can't really do anything about it except clarify. thats it. no big deal, man!

brother, i know you're joking now, but it certainly didn't come off as such, to be honest. And i don't think i was the only one who thought that either, based on emails i got. You have to understand that.

so chill it, man.
I'm cool.
you're cool.
we're cool.

but sometimes, maybe think where someone else is before you respond, because (its a good thing to learn in life), sometimes what you throw out there may not be what other people are picking up. That works off this board too :)

haha. i wish i'd have posted a hundred good deals i've been getting. so far its only been 2 or 3 times, soon though =D

there we go.
and my post was chock-full of little jokes and quips my friend. Not the mark of someone angry or taking something the wrong way.... but it def. didnt come of as a joke. I know you only pretty much know my words, but in real life buddy, it takes QUITE a lot to bug me.

so realise that and now we're back on the same page! You're good, i'm good and i can take the joking.. you know that man (sort of) :)

at any rate, too bad they weren't flame knees at any point.at this point if you think im a hard guy or someone who cant take it, i would have to say that sucks. And of all the people i talk too off this board, i would think you'd be the only one... so PM me and let's change that man! Another thing is, you kind of (jokingly) implied about me pulling a beers, and thats some rough words to certain people! I'm def not beering- you guys :)

peace
dave :)