B.auratum (Mexican Flame Knee) for $4??!! I need to know who MAY want one..

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Hey Dave... I'm right there with ya buddy!! I get excited or nervous or worried and POST IMMEDIATELY before thinking!! Mister Internet has ribbed me too, so now we're in the same club! He LOVES to give us a hard time! :D

I don't think you were wrong at all, just a little premature. And the fact that you weren't going to post anything DEFINITE until you completely researched the sitch shows that you are on the up and up.

CHEER UP LITTLE BUCKAROO!! You still kick (_*_) on all your other deals of the century. I couldn't even come close to the prices you find. From a woman's point of view, you are an AWESOME shopper!:D

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
skadi - where'd you get your slings from?
swift?

how do you like them?
its gonna be a long road ahead of you raising those guys!
get a centipede.

peace
dave :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks mizM :)! I'm not real big on shopping generally, but when it comes to T's .. man.. you can't pass up a good deal.

see, the funny thing was I *did* think before i posted.. haha it just goes to show how sometimes what you throw out there ISN'T neccesarily what other people pick up..

now if only 50% of all married couples in america could realise that....

haha little buckaroo!!!!! My mom used to call me that.. like 10 years ago.. whoa.. i'm still young i guess. :)

don't you have 2 kids? am i right in thinking that?
peace
dave :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
defour -- i have a different story, kind of, which involves a CB female.... ???
all i have is the pictures she sent me...

hmm, where else in MN do you go to get your T's?!
pce
dave

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Yes, I do. Boys, 8 and 12 but they are into bodily function jokes right now..." little buckaroo" is NOT one of their favorite terms!!!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha..

alot of boys never grow up from that. Just wait till they're 23 and you overhear what they're talking about with their buddies.... =D

Whether other people think its immature or not is their relative opinion. Just like religion and morals and the beauty-of-a-T :)

I feel like i've seen a picture of them on your knees? toe-headded, are they not? Are they into the Ts? Do they have any T's of their own?

peace
dave

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
See your e-mail for the whole reply, Mister Internet is going to kick our opisthomas for getting off-topic!:p

My 8 year old, who is the comedian, always says, "Mom, you love your tarantulas more than us!" He likes them, but still has a little fear thing going on. My 12 year old desperately wants to start his own collection, but I won't allow it until he takes full responsibility for his tokay gecko, his white rat, his hissing cockroaches, and his giant millipede, all of whom I care for!!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
don't worry, i'll be PMing you --- i did gauge how off topic this was, too :)

pce
dave

Last edited:

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Hold all tickets...

ok just got off the phone with the source of this mystery s'ling :confused:

As suspected by Dave...this s'ling is a Grammostola spatulata.

Sorry, Dave, but keep looking for those awesome deals.

Jeff

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just called to and it is a G.spatulata!!!!

d*mn!!!

Jill (the owner) said she looked into it and i guess she got some misinformation which translated into this whole mess. I'm still confused, but what can I say

but at least this brought us all together, now, right? :)

good try dave.
Yes, i know =D

peace
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
whoa, this keeps happening WAY to much this week -- where i post something and someone is posting it AS i'm writing mine, and its the same thing..

we're on the same wavelength for now :)

Funny thing is, I keep getting people who want these buggers even if they're not flame knees, so good things have come from this (we're talking about 12 people, which is pretty cool!)

and i havent heard "hold the phone" since the pittsburgh days! its a good one :)

And J, don't worry, i keep finding great deals around the city.. and i'm posting more sling pics of my really good deal from yesterday -- Please let me know what you're getting from Jill!!! There's seriously tons of Ts in that store!!! it's crazy!

peace
dave

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Heck, I'd buy 20 Curly slings for $4.00 each!!! Then I'd send them to y'all for Christmas presents!

And Dave is still in our good graces! Ahhhhhh, it's been a great thread!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've learned a couple things after this whole thread:

1) no matter what good deals i'm finding, i don't think i'd ever get the good graces to find Flame Knees for around $5... Trinidad Olives for $8, yes.. gigas for under $14, yes... but.. flame knees for $4? no..

2) whether or not we listen to the same music or have the same sense of humour, we all love us sum T's!

3) mizm is mighty cool

4) we all need to breathe alot more ... and possibly we all need to be doing something else alot more.. whatever you come up with is your own deal on that one too! :)

5) i like you guys alot! humor and knowledge on these Ts -- quite a bunch we have here.... far be it from me to say anything else on this subject

I'm thinking of buying some more of these little slings because i'd eventually like to get some more docile T's... i love my ow's, and the nw's are great too, but i just don't have too many docile T's..

and i do alot of school presentations and church and temple presentations and i want to bring more than 3 T's, you know.. and out of all of my T's (verging on 300 by the time the summers up I think), i can only really bring 3 around for the kids to interact with...

hell, maybe i'll start a little rosea breeding group.. i know they're out there, and they're def. not one of my faves, but... who knows..

and i'd sell them for $2 a pop... $15 for 10

ah i can see it now "the mizM and dave sling dealers"... hmm, maybe not :)

later
dave

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
"RUGBY'S Ts"

(It rhymes!) And you're way cool too! I'll have a. avic. slings, hopefully before the end of the year, so hey, the amazing deals could STILL be coming!

:D

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not to give ya any crap but...

Someone averaging just under 14 posts per day really can't say that they aren't an attention freak. Not trying to come down on you or dish out any grief but honestly every other post seems to be yours lately so I'm gonna have to vote for a case of jonesing for attention. :)

And on the auratum deal gone sour just try to keep in mind next time that when things sound too good to be true they usually are. I'm just glad for your sake that you found out before buying a bunch of them.

Phil

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you're not giving me any crap -- i can take it Phillip :)

I've def. learned to appreciate criticism.. too bad more people can't take it, huh?

and 14 posts a day, yes but i have to be honest with you phillip, have you checked into what they usually are buddy? If not i'll tell you:

"no, don't worry, if its on its back its just molting"

"no, its not dead, its must molting"

"no, when they die, they usually curl their legs up under their body"

"no, its CLEANING itself, not EATING itself"

"dont worry,its just molting"

"no, on the back = molting"

"it's def. not dead, probably just molting"

"calm down, first of all... its only molting, or shedding its skin"

"if it was dead, it wouldn't be on its back"

"no, your T isn't dead, its just molting"

"no, you're T doesnt hate you, it probably just doesn't want to be picked up"

and finally:
"No, its not dead... its just freaking molting"

not to give YOU any grief, but check them out friend =D

rarely do i post a, what i consider, "attention grabbing thread".... And if it is "attention grabbing", its usually pics. We all love sling pics, right? I have posted 2 times about 2 great deals I've found in my new city.. we don't have reptile shows every month like most of you guys do... we're way far away!... I'm not down with the random question thread either.. The threads i start are Appreciation threads or picture threads or information threads... seriously.. check through my posts and i think you'll see....

on my way back to answering questions (WHICH I DON'T MIND BY THE WAY, but its what i do most of the time on here.. that and post pics)

And, also, i'm def. not that impulsive to buy things before i know for sure.. I too, say, if things are too good to be true, they usually are. That's why i didnt buy them all. I'm fine with the couple that i have.. I have NO problem buying more T's at dirt cheap prices, Phillip. I don't know too many people who would either :)

I don't think i'd be classified as ATTENTION FREAK"... i think those who check my posts out know that. In the end it doesn't really bother me one way or another, as long as i can talk to the few people that i do, and can help some new and old T people out with some problems. That is, after all, part of the point of this board.

Now, if i posted this stuff all the time, then i'd agree with you. For now, though, I humbly disagree. But thats the fun of life, right?

boo-yah, another one down :) oooh i just love sarcasm! but its all in good fun

peace for now,
dave

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and also, it happens to the best of us. I know one dealer who very recently ended up getting a bunk-sac of a certain exotic T, but its ending up that its just a run-of-the-mill T... At least i posted MANY MANY MANY times that I didn't know for sure,and even I thought it looked like a G.sp...

you make choices in life, phillip. then you live with them, right? :)

on a totally different note, I may be coming to you for some Ts, as it seems the reviews are looking good and you seem to know your stuff!!!

later!
dave

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Re: Not to give ya any crap but...

Originally posted by Phillip
Someone averaging just under 14 posts per day really can't say that they aren't an attention freak. Not trying to come down on you or dish out any grief but honestly every other post seems to be yours lately so I'm gonna have to vote for a case of jonesing for attention. :)

And on the auratum deal gone sour just try to keep in mind next time that when things sound too good to be true they usually are. I'm just glad for your sake that you found out before buying a bunch of them.

Phil
I post A LOT too! NOT attention grabbing, we just have a lot to say! This IS an information SHARING forum, is it not? And I don't think many of us gives a whit who reads our posts, or wants attention from them, we just want ANSWERS!!!! AND I personally would like to thank Dave for sharing the possibility of getting REEELY CHEEP Ts, AND for offering to purchase them for us AND for offering to ship them to us!! He could have kept it to himself, bought up all of them (if they had turned out to be auratums) and sold them to all of us for a HUGE profit! And he didn't, SO BE NICE!!!;P

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice! 2 in a row =D

im gonna shoot for 15 a day now! you with me MizM?! I think those of you who know me off here or who talk to me, or hell, even just met me, know i'm not into this for money or for screwing-around purposes. I joke just as much as the next guy, but i'm also really into this, in a serious way.. i think most of us are!!!

... you have to be able to balance the two (joking and being serious)... i think medical school really taught me the subtle art of balancing :)

let see who can REALLY take the ribbing now!

peace
dave

Last edited: