Genus Avicularia

Scolaratari

Arachnopeon
WOW such a nice Avic.... i love avics but they are so hard to get here and if you do, you better belive its guna cost ya but for me its still worth it, these pics are awesome! keep em coming

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
JC you A.urticans it`s looks me on A.sp. Peru...
Yes, the same species that was commonly exported and sold as Avicularia sp. "Peru purple" is now commonly showing up as "A. urticans".

This name cycle with some Avics repeats itself over the years. It may be easier to export an "identified" species... hence pegging the name A. urticans on them.

Eric

ccamaleon3000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
JC that one is a Avicularia specAMAZONICA/Iquitos......(SP Peru or sp Peru Purple) is not urticans here is a picture of the urticans that ftorres own and mom from the slings i have that's why i stop buying tarantulas from dealers because they get send what the germans breed and most of the cases they change the name so they get sold

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
JC that one is a Avicularia specAMAZONICA/Iquitos......(SP Peru or sp Peru Purple) is not urticans here is a picture of the urticans that ftorres own and mom from the slings i have that's why i stop buying tarantulas from dealers because they get send what the germans breed and most of the cases they change the name so they get sold
Thanks Juan. Just to clear this up, my specimens were wild caught from Peru.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Yes, the same species that was commonly exported and sold as Avicularia sp. "Peru purple" is now commonly showing up as "A. urticans".

This name cycle with some Avics repeats itself over the years. It may be easier to export an "identified" species... hence pegging the name A. urticans on them.

Eric

Just got a message for Rick West. I asked about his pictures and compared them to mine. This is what he said:

"Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing from an image. This species
'appears'
to be Avicularia urticans.
"

ccamaleon3000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
quote: "Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing from an image" when you compare metallica whit any other sp that it look like it yes is not way you need to see it in person but urtican's are more like red green and that my friend is a sp peru if u see it have more purple that green to me i will bet my underwear:D to any one that is sp peru

PS: i own 10 mature females from sp peru and i took a lot pictures whit different light and to me it look sp peru