Avicularia bicegoi molted

BinarySpider2

Arachnopeon
One of my eight Avicularia bicegoi, "Brick Red Pinktoe", molted about a week ago. It is between 2.5 inches and 3.0 inches long toe_to_toe. I do not force them to spread out so that is just a close measurement. I aquired them from...

http://www.botarby8s.com

...about 6 weeks ago. They are all as fat as can be and they are mostly just lounging around staying in their tube webs that look like a cocoon. Finally one of them molted about a week ago so here are several pictures of this Brick Red Pinktoe...

Myself I think that they live up to the "Brick Red Pinktoe" as a common name.

BinarySpider2

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How cute!!! I can't wait until mine gets that big, right now it is about 3/4 inch.

BinarySpider2

Arachnopeon
Thanks Everybody

Thanks Everybody.:)

I am looking forward to New Years Day 2008 when they are closer to adult size. Comparing pictures of the bicegoi and of the huriana I think that the bicegoi looks much darker with more brick red coloration while the huriana looks to be more of grayish brown color and an overall lighter shade. This is only observations on my part based on web pictures. I would like to have both of them side by side in a quality photo as adults to compare them.

I am also looking forward to is seeing my Avicularia amazonica, "Giant_Amazon_Pinktoe", hitting the two inch mark from toe_to_toe. I had one of them molt in transit to me and another just molted a few days ago. I got lucky and aquired five of them at 1 inch long toe_to_toe from...

http://www.southernspiderworks.com

I was told that they would like the adult Avicularia amazonica near the bottom of the page at this link...

http://www.the-t-store.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=8120

They still look very much like any other Pinktoe sling at this size. Here are a some of pictures of the Giant Amazon Pinktoe...

Pre Molt...

Post Molt...

I have bicegoi from the same sack. Beautiful species!

-Sean
Congrads :) I bet you will happy to see yours get to be adults also.

Mina said:
How cute!!! I can't wait until mine gets that big, right now it is about 3/4 inch.
Post some pictures when it gets larger so we can compare them. :)

BinarySpider2

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's gonna be one fuzzy T. :drool: :drool: My favorite quality!

BinarySpider2

Arachnopeon
That's gonna be one fuzzy T. :drool: :drool: My favorite quality!
I am looking forward to seeing them later this year. Thanks, :)

I also have nine Avicularia versicolor. I aquired eight them at about 1.25 inches from...

http://www.botarby8s.com

This is one of the eight. It molted about week ago and is now about 1.5 inches toe_to_toe...

I am looking for the Avicularia geroldi for my next group. Also possibly the Avicularia purpurea and the Avicularia minatrix. I would bet that it is obvious that my favorite new world Genus is the Avicularia.:)

BinarySpider2

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow u got some bue-tee-full T's. Id love to see some more pics!

BinarySpider2

Arachnopeon
Psalmopoeus irminia

wow u got some bue-tee-full T's. Id love to see some more pics!
OK, this one came as an extra vial in my box. I did not even request it but it sure was a surprise to find it in my order along with my five Avicularia amazonica. It is a very nice species and so it became my son's tarantula. It came with my Avicularia amazonica from...

So here is my young son's very first tarantula. It is called the Psalmopoeus irminia or the common name of the "Suntiger_Tarantula" at about .75 inches from toe_to_toe...

Yea I know. It is not an Avicularia but it is very active and there are several arboreal species within the Psalmopoeus genus that are very nice tarantulas. I am certainly looking at this genus and giving it some consideration.

BinarySpider2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
great pics! i have one of those A. bicegoi, probably from the same sac too. :D

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
OK, this one came as an extra vial in my box. I did not even request it but it sure was a surprise to find it in my order along with my five Avicularia amazonica. It is a very nice species and so it became my son's tarantula. It came with my Avicularia amazonica from...

So here is my young son's very first tarantula. It is called the Psalmopoeus irminia or the common name of the "Suntiger_Tarantula" at about .75 inches from toe_to_toe...

Yea I know. It is not an Avicularia but it is very active and there are several arboreal species within the Psalmopoeus genus that are very nice tarantulas. I am certainly looking at this genus and giving it some consideration.

BinarySpider2
the suntigers are great! very striking,ive got a female and beautiful as ever,but mean as ever:eek:

BinarySpider2

Arachnopeon
Thanks

138 said:
great pics! i have one of those A. bicegoi, probably from the same sac too. :D
Thanks. I wonder how many eggs were in that sac? I noticed that he still has a few of for sale.

beetleman said:
the suntigers are great! very striking,ive got a female and beautiful as ever,but mean as ever
My son knows that it is his tarantula even though he is young. He likes it very much so I would expect him to like it even better after it is a year old. They look great from all of the adult photographs that I have seen online.

just wait until that Amazonica grows up and looks like this!!

AWSOME! I can hardly wait for all of mine to all become that size.

Can I take it from the photo of the one on your hand that it is still a young juvenile?

I had read that these are one of the largest Avicularia species. What is the current size of your Avicularia amazonica?

Thanks,

BinarySpider2

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
wow, love the pics. funny, just got 3 sling of this species today. they are tiny, but i only traded a subadult p. murinus for all three of them :D