Are adult female P regalis usually wild caught? And does this T look gravid?

cold blood

Staff member
It could be gravid, or just full of unfertilized eggs. A good way to tell is when its on the glass, shine a bright light under the abdomen...if its holding eggs, you will see a yellowish glow if there are eggs within.

Sambro

Arachnosquire
Hey, I recently got this adult female P regalis and she hasn’t eaten anything yet, however her abdomen seems to have gotten much larger over the past month. Could this mean she’s gravid?
Photos show her when I got her and now.
Looks pretty normal to me, I have two females Pokie Regalis and one male. One female is still quite small compared to the male and my other female.
My other female does have a rather large abdomen, and I guessing it's planning on molting as it's done some amazing web curtains in its enclosure and seal itself off.

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Their abdomen can expand from drinking water as well, sometimes quite significantly.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As fas as I know, Poecs were initially available as WC during the late '80s to possibly early '90s. Given how prolific they've become in the hobby nowadays, there's no good reason to smuggle them anymore. And it's even more troublesome given that the entire genus is listed on CITES now. As for why it's abdomen enlarged without eating ? Maybe it drank or it could be gravid. Did you get this spider at a pet shop ? Being WC is really, really doubtful, so you could get a phantom sac. Beautiful T btw.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I second, it may just have drunken water if theres a water dish in your enclosure, or a phantom egg sac