0.1 T. Albopilosum Nicaragua
0.1.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
0.0.2 B. albiceps
0.0.1 L. parahybana

Today was a good day for spiders.

exokappa

Arachnopeon
Nice idea!

I just got a new sling, a Nhandu caraponensis, it was shippend in a small testing tube and I was worried about his status.. but now it seems cool, is moving around, using his new den :D I put inside a dead short wing cricket and after a day it disappeared.

Pic of the testing tube
nhandu_small.jpg

Pic outside
nhandu_small_2.jpg

Here a link to the video unboxing (hoping that is not considered spam)

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Some little guys from fearnot
Harpactira pulchripes
Haploclastus devamatha
Augaceephalus ezendami
Monocentropus balfouri
Ceratogyrus marshalli

Attachments

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Last week, my pumpkin patch convinced me it's a male. Sunday, i ordered three more. They arrived Wednesday.

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
I just got a new sling, a Nhandu caraponensis, it was shippend in a small testing tube and I was worried about his status.
My T apophysis sling came in one of those too but mine didn’t have paper towels in it. It was already a tight fit with the sling being roughly 2in, so not much room for any paper towels anyway. When I popped the cap, it’s little front feet poked out immediately, so it was definitely a bit curled up inside. I could not, for the life of me, figure out how he got it in there. But at least it was safe!
I was worried that it wouldn’t be able to get out on its own, so I set the tube in the enclosure and figured I’d give it some time. The second the tube hit the substrate, it got the zoomies for a minute and then settled into its hide.

Love the unboxing! Those are some of my favorite videos. I wish I could find one where the spider gets out of the shipping material and then zooms around it’s new enclosure because I’m starting to feel like I get all the hyper slings 😂

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Your t ahpopysis is already 2 inches!! I feel like my b auratum will outlive me. They take ages to grow but not as bad as a aphonopelma. If I was ever going to get one it would have to be a juvi.

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Your t ahpopysis is already 2 inches!! I feel like my b auratum will outlive me. They take ages to grow but not as bad as a aphonopelma. If I was ever going to get one it would have to be a juvi.
I bought it at that size, to be fair. 😂 my N chromatus, on the other hand, is only 1/8th of an inch and it blends in with its substrate so well that I’m never 100% sure if it’s still in its cup

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Damn, do they ever. I got my B. auratum almost 2 years ago and he's maybe 1.5 inches now. He molts consistently but puts on just a tiny bit of size each time. They sure are gorgeous as adults though!

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Damn, do they ever. I got my B. auratum almost 2 years ago and he's maybe 1.5 inches now. He molts consistently but puts on just a tiny bit of size each time. They sure are gorgeous as adults though!
Is he showing color? I got a 1/4 sling about a 6 months ago. Molted once. When did yours show color