Any New Additions?

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Tuesday added a 2.5” female G. Iheringi. She looks stunning next to my 4” suspect male. And finally added a Brachypelma to my mix, ~ .5” B. emilia.

2418D563-3C76-47A7-A64B-004A7C773EDA.jpeg FA5EAC0B-A020-459F-9B05-1F498FA60367.jpeg

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Finally found a good deal on this new jewel to my collection.

Juvie Female A. Moderatum.

Very excited to finally have one.

Now to just wait a few years till she is ready to breed. Lol

Also picked up a T. Rasti not pictured cause I am pretty into that genus right now.

PXL_20211026_153812997.jpg

exokappa

Arachnopeon
Two new slings for my collection!

Brachypelma hamorii (the "big" one, LEFT) -> Probably in premolt
Tliltocatl albopilosus (the tiny one, RIGHT)

thujmb.jpg

Here is the rehousing video:

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Looks like someone has a future project.
Fingers crossed yes 😊
Already pairing some adult G pulchra (screen shot from video in my Tarantula Pictures chread) and G actaeon. Have also had a few other successful pairings this year woth c versi, T ockerti, T albo and waiting on sacs from Avic avic, G pulchripes, T schroederi, T khalenbergi and hopefully a couple of others I am not going to mention as I don't want to jinx them! 😉
Exciting and busy times ahead.
The current head count of 237 will certainly be growing thats for sure. Love this hobby and after 30+ years the breeding of these wonderful creatures is my next passion.
Learning loads and some of the breeding reports on this forum is invaluable to that process 😊

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Some new additions picked up this evening
G. Concepcion F
B albiceps M&F
A purpurea F (picture does not do her justice)
B klaasi MM
20211104_203001.jpg 20211104_203608.jpg 20211104_203742.jpg 20211104_203351.jpg 20211104_204028.jpg

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Had a few new ones land today, a very welcome birthday present from my beautiful and very understanding missus.
A £30 mystery box from The Tarantula Shop, comprising a juvenile P sp rufus (£32), a sling H maculata (£5) and a sling B Boehmei (£9). So a cracking box!
I already have an H mac, but another isn't a problem, they are stunning creatures.
On top of that was an O phillipinus, an S crassipes, and a replacement P pulchra following a DOA 6 months ago.

Last edited:

Metallattorney

Arachnopeon
Pterinochilus murinus dcf Zimbabwe

I had one over the summer that I got as a sling, but it died within a few days, completely randomly. I have been searching everywhere to get a replacement without any luck. Until earlier this week. I got it in today.

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
The B. klaasi is stunning! Are you planning on breeding him?
I agree, he is gorgeous. Yep, got 2 large AF recently moulted plus maybe one more if he still has any energy left ha ha.

🤞 on them as B klaasi are one of my fave Brachypelma species.

Here are the 2 lucky ladies lined up.
20210913_095420.jpg 20210724_120524.jpg

Last edited:

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
0.1 A.geniculata

Used to be dime a dozen, but today at what's probably the biggest exotic pet event where I live, there were perhaps two vendors selling them.
The plan was to get two babies, because it's such a joy raising them from tinies to monsters, but couldn't resist snatching a relatively small tweenling for less than what an unsexed AG at the other stand cost.

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
0.1 A.geniculata

Used to be dime a dozen, but today at what's probably the biggest exotic pet event where I live, there were perhaps two vendors selling them.
The plan was to get two babies, because it's such a joy raising them from tinies to monsters, but couldn't resist snatching a relatively small tweenling for less than what an unsexed AG at the other stand cost.
Can't go wrong with a genic. Great choice 👍

Ian14

Arachnobaron
I've ended up with another curly hair. Plus a crested gecko.
Both being kept in a car by a bloke whose lost his housing after threatening the landlord with a knife.
Curly hair is in moult, so will hopefully be ok.
Kept in a round pot with a coconut shell hide the same size as the pot, on a substrate of what looks like garden soil.
Hopefully it will molt safe and can then be rehoused.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I've ended up with another curly hair. Plus a crested gecko.
Both being kept in a car by a bloke whose lost his housing after threatening the landlord with a knife.
Curly hair is in moult, so will hopefully be ok.
Kept in a round pot with a coconut shell hide the same size as the pot, on a substrate of what looks like garden soil.
Hopefully it will molt safe and can then be rehoused.
Hopefully so!! Good luck