Any New Additions?

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I adopted 3 juvenile spiders from a friend today

0.0.2 B. smithi 3-4"
0.0.1 G. rosea 3"

gave them a Zophobas morio each right away as they seemed a little skinny and will be rehousing them tomorrow, i will take some pictures then.
Pretty sure its actually a G. porteri. Anyway good times :D

The Pokie has a harem of 19 females waiting for him!
:astonished: seems like a death sentence, at least he will go down in glory

Last edited:

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Yesterday at Repticon, I traded my mature male Poecilotheria regalis (from cold blood) for a juvenile Grammostola grossa. (The Pokie has a harem of 19 females waiting for him!)

I also picked up a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens sling, as I enjoyed keeping the last one I had (before he died in a failed molt).
The G. grossa is so beautiful! Nice pick.

Kirstielol

Arachnopeon
Picked up a couple at the Toronto reptile expo today! A G. rosea (pictured below) and a T. vagans, both slings. I'm up to 25 tarantulas now.

20210822_131333~2.jpg

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
So as promised, some pictures of the spiders i adopted yesterday.

0.0.1 4" B. smithi/hamorii (2013)

0.0.1 4"+ B. smithi/hamorii (2012)

0.0.1 3" G. rosea/porteri (2015)

the smaller B. smithi/hamorii molted recently and is much more vibrant
i will need to wait for their next molt to properly id them but my guess is B. hamorii especially as they were bred before the revision from 2017.

Not sure how to determine the difference between a G. rosea and a G. porteri. Its not the rcf that is commonly referred to be the true G. rosea thats for sure. If anyone could help me out with that i posted some more pictures in the identification thread.

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
today is a milestone day for me - with the acquisition of Selenocosmia Crassipes or Phlogius sp. “Eunice” I have now kept at least 1 species of arachnid from every continent on earth but Antarctica - also joining the squad is this adorable Ceratogyrus Marshalli sling - i wasn’t able to take a pic of S. Crassipes because it immediately bolted under the cork bark and C. Marshalli is so small my phone can’t focus lol

edit: she’s (S. Crassipes) on the side of the enclosure now so I was able to get a dark pic

Attachments

Last edited:

Samuel1985

Arachnopeon
Picked up a P.metallica, P.rufilata, C. sp. saraburi, G.rosea, P.irminia, and a P.victori at the Toronto expo recently.

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
A little rescue N. chromatus... Took it out of a very tall arboreal enclosure, with a quarter inch of substrate, no hide or water dish. IMG_20210826_171712.jpg

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
Ordered today 2 Haplopelma schmidti gold 2i!

And give away 0.1 G. pulchripes, 0.1 N. chromatus and 1.0 B. auratum.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Went to a reptile expo in Salt Lake over the weekend and picked a few slings. I ended up getting a P. ornata and B. horrida, along with a freebie A. chalcodes sling. I gave the chalcodes to my friend because she's desperately wanted one for a long time. So far they're all eating and settling in nicely. The P. ornata looks like an adorable long-legged fluff ball.

Benja84

Arachnopeon
Ahhh darn. I decided against going to that. Last reptile show I went to was too light on Ts… Nice to see a fellow Utahn on though.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
+Ceratogyrus brachycephalus (wild form) sling
+Bonnetina minax sling
+Cotztetlana sp morelos sling
+Hapalopus formosus sling

-Nhandu tripepii 3.5" male
-$135CAD

The Nhandu male was credited as $55 towards the purchase, which was nice because I paid $12 for it and was only expecting $25 🤣

C. brachycephalus
PXL_20210831_000610223.jpg
B. minax
PXL_20210831_001151370.jpg
The Nhandu male I sold off
PXL_20210830_222602981.jpg
Didn't take pictures of the H. formosus or C. sp. Morelos because they're pretty unimpressive. If you don't know what the sp morelos looks like, just imagine a black aphonopelma sling (marxi, paloma...etc)

The Ceratogyrus and Bonnetina gave me the run around during rehousing them, neither very fast, but they had stamina.

Last edited:

Boomkip

Arachnosquire
Went to a small reptile expo in Tilburg (The Netherlands). Was expecting to only buy 1 or 2 T's, came home with 7.

1.1.1. Tliltocatl albopilosum (Tilly, Curly Bob and Plinky)
0.0.1 Grammostola pulchripes (Zeb)
0.0.1 Psalmopoeus Cambridgei (Camelot)
0.0.1 Cyriocosmus aueri (Pip)
0.0.1 Davus pentaloris (Woezel)

Don't have photos of them all yet, but here are a few

Tilly
DSC_1667.JPG

Woezel
DSC_1730.JPG

Curly Bob
DSC_1725.JPG

Just some Pip peets
DSC_1714.JPG

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
+Ceratogyrus brachycephalus sling
+Bonnetina minax sling
+Cotztetlana sp morelos sling
+Hapalopus formosus sling

-Nhandu tripepii 3.5" male
-$135CAD

The Nhandu male was credited as $55 towards the purchase, which was nice because I paid $12 for it and was only expecting $25 🤣

C. brachycephalus
View attachment 397597
B. minax
View attachment 397598
The Nhandu male I sold off
View attachment 397599
Didn't take pictures of the H. formosus or C. sp. Morelos because they're pretty unimpressive. If you don't know what the sp morelos looks like, just imagine a black aphonopelma sling (marxi, paloma...etc)

The Ceratogyrus and Bonnetina gave me the run around during rehousing them, neither very fast, but they had stamina.
The C brachycephalus already has a tiny horn! 😍