Any New Additions?

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
Are you sure its a blondi? Looks more like a T stirmi for me (no hairs on the knees)..
I posted before I even brought it home, I was in a hurry lol. He sold it as a blondi but for the price, I couldn't resist. It's definitely a stirmi! I've let him know.

corydalis

Arachnoknight
Great choice! Fast will find a new meaning for you.
Beautiful spiders! Just the name is worth every cent. Looking forward to see the updates 👍
They were quite chill during the rehouse comparing to my H.mac’s, I remember as it was yesterday the moment as one of the slings decided to take a hike on my arm as I tried to introduce her to her new enclosure.. luckily she turned back and took a hide just there where I wanted, but it happened so fast I had no chance to say a thing.

This one on the picture was quite defensive though, stood her(?) ground relentlessly so I had to move her(?) along with a chunk of substrate, using a tea-spoon. The other one was much more cooperative.

I really like the name too! (Almost as cool as Haploclastus devamatha.)

I heard that they are not as reclusive as other fossorials so lets hope I will be able to take more shots in the not so far future.

KenNet

Arachnosquire
I raised two from slings and unfortunately they both turned out to be female.

Haploclastus devamatha is a very cool name, but the previous was better.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I picked up this pretty girl yesterday(C. marshalli). Already webbing like crazy. She'd been at the pet store for over a year and I decided to give her a home. 3820883242642033201.jpg

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I love the thought of pet shop rescues :)
I usually try not to "rescue" Ts from places where they're kept poorly, since it just supports that business. But in this case, this spider had been there since I moved to this area last August and someone at work had given me a gift card, so I decided to take her home. The conditions that she was kept in were terrible. A half inch of substrate in a tiny critter keeper with crickets crawling all over her. There were dead crickets that had been in there for months so the container reeked. In the area where I live, big name pet stores actually take better care of their animals than this mom and pop pet store does. Anyway, she's already webbing a ton and she'll hopefully make a burrow soon! I haven't picked out a name for her yet, so suggestions are welcome!

grumpycow3

Arachnosquire
I usually try not to "rescue" Ts from places where they're kept poorly, since it just supports that business. But in this case, this spider had been there since I moved to this area last August and someone at work had given me a gift card, so I decided to take her home. The conditions that she was kept in were terrible. A half inch of substrate in a tiny critter keeper with crickets crawling all over her. There were dead crickets that had been in there for months so the container reeked. In the area where I live, big name pet stores actually take better care of their animals than this mom and pop pet store does. Anyway, she's already webbing a ton and she'll hopefully make a burrow soon! I haven't picked out a name for her yet, so suggestions are welcome!
Ah yeah that's fair, good she's with you now tho :) and I'd love to help but I'm terrible at name hahaha

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Recently got a female Xenesthis sp. megascopula. Now, I'm waiting on 6 Pamphobeteus sp. solaris and a female T. seladonia
Ended up not finding a female T. seladonia but I added another solaris sling which makes 7 and also added a female P. smithi

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Today I received two new slings from Fear Not Tarantulas: a Theraphosinae sp. "Panama" and a Kochiana brunnipes, the latter of which is the smallest sling I've ever had.

I plan to rehouse them into smaller enclosures, as the ones I prepared are oversized, especially for the tiny Kochiana brunnipes.

I usually try not to "rescue" Ts from places where they're kept poorly, since it just supports that business. But in this case, this spider had been there since I moved to this area last August and someone at work had given me a gift card, so I decided to take her home. The conditions that she was kept in were terrible. A half inch of substrate in a tiny critter keeper with crickets crawling all over her. There were dead crickets that had been in there for months so the container reeked. In the area where I live, big name pet stores actually take better care of their animals than this mom and pop pet store does. Anyway, she's already webbing a ton and she'll hopefully make a burrow soon!
Four years ago, I got a mature female marshalli that had obviously been living in a cramped deli cup for some time. She hissed at me when I prodded her out into her new enclosure, but she sure seemed happier, as she dug all the way down to the bottom.

I adored "Miss Hissypants" and was really sad to lose her last year.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Yesterday at Repticon, I traded my mature male Poecilotheria regalis (from cold blood) for a juvenile Grammostola grossa. (The Pokie has a harem of 19 females waiting for him!)

I also picked up a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens sling, as I enjoyed keeping the last one I had (before he died in a failed molt).

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Yesterday at Repticon, I traded my mature male Poecilotheria regalis (from cold blood) for a juvenile Grammostola grossa. (The Pokie has a harem of 19 females waiting for him!)

I also picked up a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens sling, as I enjoyed keeping the last one I had (before he died in a failed molt).
You gonna be getting any slings from him? Sounds like there's gonna be plenty