Any New Additions?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
It has a lot of names...Asian Bullfrog, Asian Painted Bullfrog, but none most commonly as the Chubby Frog.
They look similar to Gastrophryne carolinensis, which we have locally In Alabama.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Sunday, I wen't and made my most daring purchase yet! One of the most respected, sometimes feared tarantulas in the hobby. I'm a little worried that this time, I may have skipped to many ladder rungs, and hope I have the needed skills. At a local expo, I picked up one of the rarest specimens, highly sought after and envied by all tarantula hobbyists. That is, of course, T. albopilosum, the Curly-Haired tarantula!

Okay, maybe it is not the most highly sought after and really not all that envied by many keepers, or dangerous, for that matter. But the s'ling was ten bucks, not exactly a huge dent in the wallet, and they ARE kind of a classic.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
A break in the weather allowed for some long ago orders to be shipped. Two orders placed in January and one placed way back in late December. In a period of 7 days I was able to bring in 3 shipments of slings, like Christmas in March.

First came 7 P.sazimai + 1 L.parahybana.1 of the P.sazimai had escaped during shipping and was never found, another died by the next morning. Sad day.

Then a few days later 10+1 A.geniculata arrived along with 6 A.seemanni. The most beautiful blue phase A.seemanni...I was very happy with the quality. Though the delivery was an overnight shipment, the heat pack had failed and the package arrived cold. It’s taken several days, but the A.geniculatas have recovered nicely, no loses. While the A.seemanni seemed to be completely unshaded by the experience.

Finally 8 D.diamantinensis came in after a grueling 5 hrs of the package being lost enroute to its final destination, then being sent out for delivery, instead of being held for pickup...and finally being taken back to the depot, to loaded up and sent out again...all while a blizzard was arriving in the next 8 hours.

I must say that the speed which D.diamantinensis are noted for...totally true.

At the end of the day, and several adult beverages...I think that I've recovered nicely. :bag:

Since all the arrivals have settled in, they have been moulting like popcorn...crazy.

Last edited:

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
There was an opening in the weather allowing overnight temperatures to allow shipping.

I brought in 3 shipments in 7 days, emotional highs and lows...though mostly highs.

My P.sazimai arrived first.

47C26241-E249-4ECC-996D-F08C8E29B5D6.jpeg

There were 7 in the shipment. They were supposed to be 3/4” slings, they arrived at more like 3/8” slings. 1 escaped during shipping...all I had was an empty container. Then 1 sling died over night. So hard emotions.

My A.geniculatas arrived next.

6CE84508-30CD-41E8-B92C-01D84014345B.jpeg

There were 10 + 1 slings in the order. Most of them burrowed right away, a couple created open pit mining operations.

879A84D3-DF9E-4413-9A93-F598CC3A36AB.jpeg

...and about 1/2 of them have moulted.

Along with the A.geniculatas, there were 6 A.seemanni, blue phase.

3114EB3D-4E0C-4482-B311-BF973DCD4EAD.jpeg

Amazing blue hues on all the slings, some very bright...others more subdued.

The next day, 8 D.diamantinensis slings arrived. This shipment was a fiasco...I don’t want to explain it again. Suffice it to say it was a very trying day.

A398D321-3DDB-486B-BBE6-A4022194D4F5.jpeg

These little guys have amazing appetites for such little spiders. This one finished a pinhead B.lateralis, the cream colored clump is the bolus. By the look it might moult soon.

D52BF5BE-BE50-4DC6-9099-202C850372F1.jpeg

I ordered the D.diamantinensis at 1/2”, a couple were that size, most were considerably smaller.

So 3 shipments in 7 days. Lots of emotions, some good...others not do good. But I get to learn how to care for and really teeny tiny slings...so new skill set in the offing.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I told myself I was gonna wait before getting any more Ts, and I really intended on sticking to it. Buuuuuut then had a couple mature males pass away and came into a little extra money, so decided to treat myself with a species I've been eyeballing for years now and snagged a lovely little juvie female Kochiana brunnipes. Also grabbed the absolute tiniest Cyriocosmus leetzi sling, maybe 1/8th of an inch in DLS. Can't wait to watch the little bugger grow into those pretty colors and patterns!

Kirby, 0.1.0 K. brunnipes;

20200324_093635.jpg 20200324_093805.jpg
20200324_093707.jpg

October, 0.0.1 C. leetzi

20200324_094642.jpg
20200324_094542.jpg

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
Finally found a confirmed female Brachypelma auratum with perfect size (for me) 2,5cm BL yesterday. A very rare Brachy in Germany.
Payed 65€ including express delivery.

PGRVII

Arachnosquire
Just got a 1"+ H.pulchripes! Not shipped yet but super excited all the same. Time to start a new enclosure build...

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Meet Carmen, a P. auratus! She's in heavy premolt right now but her beautiful gold carapace still shines through. I got her as a birthday gift. I'm in love with this species already. She's been at the pet shop for a very long time and I've always contemplated getting her, but today I finally had the chance .

Attachments

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
0.0.1 Phormictopus platus
0.0.3 Tapinauchenius cupreus
0.0.3 Tapinauchenius violaceus

Phormictopus platus
20200426_112302.jpg

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Yesterday I picked up a 1.25in C. huahini sling from my local exotics shop. I'm excited because this is my first Chilobrachys species & also my first Asian terrestrial/ fossorial. So far I'm impressed with this little spider. I was expecting it to be much more shy and reclusive, but nope. It's bold, out and about, and a fierce little predator. It immediately gobbled down a baby cricket. I saw this species at a reptile expo earlier this year and thought it was beautiful but ended up choosing something else instead. This is going to be my last tarantula for a while (Well, maybe..) and now I have a more well rounded collection.