Any New Additions?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
T

Thanks 😁 been eyeing them for ages but took the plunge after seeing NMTs and him saying they were a good sp to keep , I seen a vid on utube age ago spoods n stuff I think n he has one he put an led torch on her at the end and she glowed green kinda knew I was getting one then but never found anyone to say about temperament before now 😊 very glad to get her gunna order another next week in the hope i get a female n hopefully 2 psalmopoeus victorii 🤞
Glad you found one! Mine has grown pretty quickly, too, so it'll be sporting that green sheen soon! Good luck getting the victori, too - I love mine.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Glad you found one! Mine has grown pretty quickly, too, so it'll be sporting that green sheen soon! Good luck getting the victori, too - I love mine.
Thanks i couldn't resist there was just one left so be rude not to 😆 and I hope so too 🤞 I have a juvie pulcher female called Puddin I adore so assuming I will like the victori too 😊 this will be my 3rd attempt at getting a victori other 2 fell through so hopefully 3rd times the charm 🤞

Jaycooks1

Arachnopeon
Just got my fat little Psalmo Victori on lunch break cant wait to get home and move to a large dram. Hope you guys find some soon.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
I made up the name so you can't find a picture on Google. :rofl:
This species was first discovered deep in a cave in Yulin, Guangxi where there is no light. Living in such conditions seemed to lighten its pigment (albinism), hence the name "Ghostly White".

My small specimen:
View attachment 438017

WC adult specimen (picture taken by my friend and granted permission for me to use, taken with a crappy phone, but you can see that it maintains this light coloration into adulthood):
View attachment 438018

The coloration is even lighter in person.
Any pictures in situ? A cave dwelling trapdoor species would definently be an oddity....

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
Awesome! So it looks like they weren't found in a burrow/trapdoor then?
Just texted my friend, he said that they are found in their trapdoors. After he spotted a trapdoor burrow, he did some careful digging to get the spider out. You can see a hole next to the spider which was where the trapdoor burrow of that spider originally was. I believe there are quite a lot of them in the cave.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Just ordered
1 aphonopelma serratum sling
1 psalmopoeus victori sling
1 bonnetina tanzeri sling
1 bonnetina minax af

Arrival on the 17th 😊 pics will follow then .

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
0.1 Aphonopelma sp Michoacan. IMO, but limited experience with the genus, these will probably end up being an A. chalcodes locality, possibly indicating a much broader range south of the Sonoran Desert than previously known. Time will tell lol.

0.0.3 Homoeomma chilense. This was a nerve wracking shipment as it got delayed a full 24 hours. No one was the worse for wear though and the heat pack was still warm to the touch.

More to come soon.....

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
0.2.2 P metallica
0.1.2 P regalis

I was browsing Craigslist for enclosures and found someone selling these for a steal. Let’s just say I payed less than half of what retail would be for all this. The females are all 4-5” too!

curtisgiganteus

Old Timer
0.2.2 P metallica
0.1.2 P regalis

I was browsing Craigslist for enclosures and found someone selling these for a steal. Let’s just say I payed less than half of what retail would be for all this. The females are all 4-5” too!
So one of the regalis was dead when I went to go pick the spiders up, and one of the two larger P met was male. However, at the price I got everything for it’s still a steal and both the female P met and the female Regalis are close to 6” So it ended up being:

1.1.2 P metallica
1.1.0 Regalis
7 Exoterra nano tall 8x8x12
1 Exoterra small tall 12x12x18
1 10gal arboreal conversion

All for 580$

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
So one of the regalis was dead when I went to go pick the spiders up, and one of the two larger P met was male. However, at the price I got everything for it’s still a steal and both the female P met and the female Regalis are close to 6” So it ended up being:

1.1.2 P metallica
1.1.0 Regalis

All for 580$
The exo terras alone are worth more than that used I'd imagine. Score.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter

1.1.2 P metallica
1.1.0 Regalis

All for 580$
Omg I am glad they have ended up with some one that will look after them! if one was dead and the others a mature male supposedly female then they weren't with the right person. Yay for rescuing them 😊

curtisgiganteus

Old Timer
Omg I am glad they have ended up with some one that will look after them! if one was dead and the others a mature male supposedly female then they weren't with the right person. Yay for rescuing them 😊
The guy lost his place and left them with his sister, I can’t blame her for not knowing anything. But they will be taken care of for sure. The male is penultimate right now and the female just molted within the last 2 weeks, so I’m gonna start the climate manipulation so I can pair her when he matures 😬

6” female P metallica

DE14E47B-3623-4B53-868C-FAEF6F130C5D.jpeg F631CCC1-0461-48E3-985C-4A954F61CA68.jpeg 08E851FB-C936-403D-8F22-7BBD1C3EE3CF.jpeg

C7820F97-4D31-4BA3-A220-5AED84CD6838.jpeg 6CF89BEB-CABC-49D8-B008-525701D7D956.jpeg
CE1CC935-237B-4866-B922-E2D147DF4280.jpeg

P metallica slings

56972CCC-E29D-470C-9C59-336524105600.jpeg

#2 86017311-ED52-4CD7-855C-685B20107AD0.jpeg

Last edited:

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
The guy lost his place and left them with his sister, I can’t blame her for not knowing anything. But they will be taken care of for sure. The male is penultimate right now and the female just molted within the last 2 weeks, so I’m gonna start the climate manipulation so I can pair her when he matures 😬
Awww what a shame but at least they ended up with someone who can meet their needs in the end.
I have everything crossed that you are successful and she gives you a big fat sack full of beautiful little floofers 😊 🤞🤞🤞

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Picked up this gorgeous little Chilobrachys fimbriatus (female, I think) today:
20230213_145245.jpg
I'll get some better pics when I rehouse it, and hopefully confirm it's a female.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Picked up this gorgeous little Chilobrachys fimbriatus (female, I think) today:
View attachment 439151
I'll get some better pics when I rehouse it, and hopefully confirm it's a female.
This little one is awesome. Most chill rehouse I've done like ever - not a threat pose or even a quick movement. I had to literally scoop it up into the catch cup, then it just sauntered right out into the new enclosure. Gorgeous little thing. It may be a male, but I'm honestly 50/50 on that so I'll just wait for it to molt.
20230213_152146.jpg
P2130005.JPG
P2130004.JPG