Any New Additions?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Looks more like a Harpactira ssp to me, maybe H. curator or H. baviana. A lot of species in that genus are commonly called 'starburst baboons'.
Mystery solved - this sling is Pterinochilus chordatus. I'm stoked about that!

0.0.1 Pterinochilus chordatus, 1.5" DLS
P1270014.JPG

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
Went to the reptile show yesterday and walked out with

0.0.2 A braunshauseni
0.0.3 A jurensis M2
0.0.3 P tigrinawesseli
0.0.3 P subfusca LL
0.1.0 P formosa
0.0.1 P pennelhewlettorum (sus female)

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
THERAPHOSIDAE
0.1.0 Ornithoctonus costalis

LIPHISTIIDAE
0.0.5 Liphistiidae sp. "Ghostly White"

HALONOPROCTIDAE
0.0.3 Cyclocosmia ricketti

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Added this little spitfire today - very spunky (and hard to photograph).

0.1 Thrixopelma ockerti, 4" DLS
P1300015.JPG

I'm about 85% confident that it's a female, but need to confirm that with a molt.

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
Wicked, got a picture of what the adults look like? Nothing comes up on Google.
I made up the name so you can't find a picture on Google. :rofl:
This species was first discovered deep in a cave in Yulin, Guangxi where there is no light. Living in such conditions seemed to lighten its pigment (albinism), hence the name "Ghostly White".

My small specimen:
DSC09626.png

WC adult specimen (picture taken by my friend and granted permission for me to use, taken with a crappy phone, but you can see that it maintains this light coloration into adulthood):
image_editor_1675069252067.jpg

The coloration is even lighter in person.

curtisgiganteus

Old Timer
This species was first discovered deep in a cave in Yulin, Guangxi where there is no light. Living in such conditions seemed to lighten its pigment (albinism), hence the name "Ghostly White".

My small specimen:
View attachment 438017

WC adult specimen (picture taken by my friend and granted permission for me to use, taken with a crappy phone, but you can see that it maintains this light coloration into adulthood):
View attachment 438018

Import these please. Legally of course!

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer

My small specimen:
View attachment 438017

View attachment 438018

You baited us! 😆

curtisgiganteus

Old Timer
0.0.5 Ornithoctoninae sp hana
0.0.3 A purpurea
0.0.1 P Subfusca LL
0.0.1 P ornata

I now have 0.0.7 O sp Hana from two bloodlines. Now we wait till they can be sexed 🤣

Pedipalpable

Arachnosquire
After a month of intensive research and preparation, I am proud to say that I just received my first tarantula yesterday. She is a 2” sexed female Brachypelma hamorii. She seems to be taking very well to her enclosure and was cautiously exploring it and using her hide within about an hour of rehousing.

A612338E-6BD7-49E8-AA2D-346B27281775.jpeg
This is her. I am very happy to have made my first foray into this exciting and fascinating hobby! :)

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
Placed an order last night.

0.0.3 Grammostola iheringi
0.0.3 Chilobrachys sp electric blue
0.0.3 Pamphobeteus sp mascara

I've owned a pair of mascara before and loved them, these other two species are new to me. The idea of a great looking, fairly large and feisty, fast growing Grammostola has cast its spell on me. Chilobrachys needs no introduction. Can't wait.

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
0.1.0 Chilobrachys sp. "Penang"

These have become rarer and rarer according to my research. From what I've found, I found a lot of posts and threads about them on AB in 2012-2017 (I found no posts about this species from 2018 to later), but now they've sort of disappeared and I only knew about this species when a dealer contacted me and asked if I was willing to get a female - very possibly the last one in my country. The price was not overly high, though I know it's probably due to the fact that she is going to die a virgin because this is a species where it's impossible to find someone with a male.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
20230207_154614.jpg
One teeny Thrixopelma pruriens sling unsexed and even at 1cm kicked at me 😆 I love her (🤞) already 🥰 welcome to our family Mary.
Thanks for the recommendation @NMTs 😊👍

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
T
Very good choice. Beautiful, survives everything and super easy to breed! Congratualtions!
Thanks 😁 been eyeing them for ages but took the plunge after seeing NMTs and him saying they were a good sp to keep , I seen a vid on utube age ago spoods n stuff I think n he has one he put an led torch on her at the end and she glowed green kinda knew I was getting one then but never found anyone to say about temperament before now 😊 very glad to get her gunna order another next week in the hope i get a female n hopefully 2 psalmopoeus victorii 🤞