Any New Additions?

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
I was surprised with a freebie in my last order, so add another teeeeeeeny B. vagans to my current list. Come to me, my precious.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Congratulations! Brave choice on the OBT, I hope you have done your research :)
I did, I've been learning about spiders since about third grade and reading up on Ts on and off for the past three years. I'm actually more interested in OWs, I don't know why, I guess it's their survival tactics that interest me. BTW, my OBT molted for the first time in my care about two weeks ago, got a little orange tinge to her now, she's a beaut. For her second feeding she had an impressive takedown on a relatively large cricket. She's already fattened up on two meals but alas, tomorrow will be third as it's been a week.

Screamingreenmachine

Arachnosquire
Phenomenal. I absolutely love my beautiful black bulldozer. Haven't had her long myself.
"She" came in this morning and is absolutely stunning! So glad I snagged her. Not bulldozing much yet but it has already started :D in love with this one. Total angel too!

basin79

ArachnoGod
View attachment 241287
This little Pamphobeteus antinous came back with me from the BTS Expo! @The Grym Reaper you were right about these being ravenous... I took your tip about these being a nice replacement for the elusive G. pulchra and I see what you mean about "steroids". This one is around 3" and she devoured four mealworms in a couple of hours leaving no trace! I was gobsmacked... can't wait for this tank to grow!
I think G. pulchra look better as adults for not the red abdomen hair and being more velvety.

That typed I can't wait for my "big black Peru" grows up. She should shed any day and I'm hoping she'll be a little less fragile looking.

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
Please don't hate me, I am just a man.:embarrassed: Petco had a young Avicularia avicularia(supposedly) at half price for $10 which was too good of a deal for me to pass up. I fixed up the terrible container it came in by putting 30 holes each on two sides, adding coco fiber instead of a waterlogged sponge, put a piece of corkbark and a water dish in, then re-added the silk leaves it came with and now it's a pretty good home until I find something bigger.
4YwTIP1.jpg 8CEKS8R.jpg
P.S. Don't worry, I do not plan on ever breeding it since I'm not sure of it's origins.

Attachments

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Please don't hate me, I am just a man.:embarrassed: Petco had a young Avicularia avicularia(supposedly) at half price for $10 which was too good of a deal for me to pass up. I fixed up the terrible container it came in by putting 30 holes each on two sides, adding coco fiber instead of a waterlogged sponge, put a piece of corkbark and a water dish in, then re-added the silk leaves it came with and now it's a pretty good home until I find something bigger.
View attachment 241590 View attachment 241592
P.S. Don't worry, I do not plan on ever breeding it since I'm not sure of it's origins.
Since geroldi, velutina and others have been moved to A avicularia, it's probably safe to breed. It's almost certainly an A avicularia. 10 is a good price, I would have bought it too. And in the future, don't bother adding so much substrate, one inch is enough for most avics.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
View attachment 241590 View attachment 241592
I got mine from petco too. Mostly because I got extremely impatient and wanted to get my first T as soon as possible.

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
Since geroldi, velutina and others have been moved to A avicularia, it's probably safe to breed. It's almost certainly an A avicularia. 10 is a good price, I would have bought it too. And in the future, don't bother adding so much substrate, one inch is enough for most avics.
That's good to know. I don't really have any plans for breeding projects since I don't have the space, but at least now I know I can send it off if it ends up being a male.
With the substrate, I didn't have a very long piece of cork bark and wanted it a bit closer to the top, so I just put in a tiny bit more than I needed.

Alana

Arachnopeon
I bought 7 new slings last week.
3 x Avicularia diversipes
Tapinauchenius latipes
T. sp. Colombia
T. plumipes
Aphonopelma marxi
(Plus 4 true spiders!)

Stupidly I decided to pop them in their tubs on my bed, instead of in the bath as I usually do, and one of the Tapis made a run for it up my arm. Glad it was only a tiny sling and not an adult, it wasn't the easiest T to catch!

antsman

Arachnosquire
I just got a 2.5" Female GBB (who is molting as we speak), 2.5" Female L.parahybana, and a 1" Avic avic sling.
That makes 11, I think I'm addicted. I'm already looking at getting a few more lol.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
My awesome girlfriend just bought me another P.muticus for my birthday present. I now have 2 king baboons, my favorite tarantula none the less. Going to be rehousing today.

Attachments

antsman

Arachnosquire
Here are some pic's of them.
GBB female fresh molt.

Lasidora parahybana

A. avic sling

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
Wait, is sp. geroldi moved to Avicularia avicularia?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Wait, is sp. geroldi moved to Avicularia avicularia?
Yes. Difference s were too subtle to be considered a different species or some thing like that. It might be labeled as a just a different locality now. You can pm CEC for more info.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Thanks to a certain site going BOGO, I received a bunch of Pokie slings today
6 P bara
6 P smithi
2 P ornata

Last edited: