User AbraxasComplex's Invert and Vivarium Picture Thread

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mushrooms should be fine dude, bring in some isopods and collembola to take care of it!

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mushrooms should be fine dude, bring in some isopods and collembola to take care of it!
Haha, I know. I get them periodically. I was just joking around. I enjoy them in my tanks and was just poking fun at all the extremists that believe I should remove everything and bake and bleach it to preserve my tarantula's health. Mushrooms do not cause issues, especially in vivariums like this one.

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is a quick look at my current living room:

And a freshly molted adult female Holothele sp. Colombia just for fun:

Last edited:

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Night time photos of my Pamphobeteus sp. Chicken Spider. 3 were out and about last night.

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
New set ups look good! Cool to see the chicken spiders out and about too.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
i love those chicken spiders i had a Q though whats there temperment are the defensive? or docile ? maybe skittish

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i love those chicken spiders i had a Q though whats there temperment are the defensive? or docile ? maybe skittish
They are somewhat skittish. More of a hair kicker than anything else. I've never tried to handle them, but I've only had one MM and one adult female rear up at me when they were housed in a small container. If they have room they prefer to wander away after a kick spray of hair.

And I agree. We do need a plant forum.

BiGpDaMoNsTa

Arachnopeon
Hey AbraxasComplex. I've been interested in live vivariums for a little while and even more so in the use of various detritivores. I found a presentation on vivariums of yours on the internet, and while I have a million questions about this topic that I am trying to figure out, one of them is this: In the presentation, there is a section with different substrate "recipes" for a few different plant species. But, how do these recipes work when you are using more than one species of plant?

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There are two ways you can handle it. Either find a happy medium by creating a generic soil mix, though not everything thrives, or if you have enough room create areas of varying soil qualities and consistencies. This is more readily done if you use rocks or driftwood as retention walls, especially for plants that need increased drainage.

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Amazing setups/terrariums and you have a nice collection of Bugs :D
Looking foward to more posts

Meezerkoko

Arachnoknight
I love your vivs! I can't wait to build more for my herps, future herps, T's and future T's. Your vases and lanterns have given me great inspiration. Similarly your bumbebees have me wanting a communal of them!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So my Holothele sp. Columbia (The Bumble Bee) juveniles came in today. The pics do not do them justice. They truly do make the Holothele incei look like they've been dusted with dirt.

Those are very striking, wow. I just saw them a day ago on Rick West's site, had no idea they were in the hobby..Wonder if breeders have them in the USA?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Definitely a major resurrection, but how are your vivs doing @AbraxasComplex? Any new ones to share? I've been wanting to get started making my own, but am currently lacking in space lol. Though if you want to create a thread under the Live Plants or Vivariums and Terrariums subforums I completely understand!

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Definitely a major resurrection, but how are your vivs doing @AbraxasComplex? Any new ones to share? I've been wanting to get started making my own, but am currently lacking in space lol. Though if you want to create a thread under the Live Plants or Vivariums and Terrariums subforums I completely understand!
It has been a while. All my old ones have been dismantled as I've moved on to more elaborate setups with rare plants I have imported in. The ones I have pictured are nearly 2 years old or more.