Who molted today?

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
My GBB molted as well today! Went from ~1.25 to ~1.75 inches or so.. A little hard to tell as it just happened this morning, but super excited! Wasn't expecting it for another week or so. Now I just have a fasting C versicolor, B vagans, and G porteri that I'm waiting on :embarrassed: I figure I'll spare you all the potato shots, but it happened! :rofl:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I noticed five days ago that my 1.75" Acanthoscurria geniculata was turning dark. It had also stopped attacking everything as food while I was doing cage maintenance.

Well, a few hours ago, it made a molting hammock and then flipped right over and got down to business. Everything went smoothly, and in less than three hours, it was out.

It looks like it grew a lot with this molt! Its legs look freakishly long when compared to before. I look forward to seeing how much it has grown when it flips back over.

As soon as I can safely extract the exuviae, I am also hoping to be able to determine the sex. (I accidentally tore the previous exuviae in just the wrong place.)

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
IMG_1551.JPG
Just checked on my l.parahybana and caught one of them in the act, I am sure that the other is molting in her burrow as well they usually go close together if she hasn't done so already.

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
My female Chilobrachys fimbriatus has moulted sometime today. And she'd put her skin (apart from the abdomen) right near the entrance to one of her entrances. Which was nice.

StoneandShadows

Arachnopeon
My P. cambridgei molted right in front of me today! First one I've got to see in person, second molt ever for me after my B. vagans sling. IMG_20170711_154533.jpg

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
B. albopilosum #2 sling molted last night and went from 3/4 inch to 1 and 1/4 inches. Big gain!

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
0.0.2. C. minax, both molted within an hour of each other. from 2cm - 3.5cm.
Haha just found another molt from # 2 so that's 4 molts from 3 C. minax in a week, now that's some molting speed, I'm planning on rehousing them very soon....maybe quicker than I thought.