1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who molted today?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Chris_Skeleton, Jun 2, 2011.

1. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnoangel Active Member

Advertisement
    P. cambridgei juvi #2 female :), P. metallica 2" sling female :), and Avicularia sp "Blue Velvet" adult female!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nixphat

Nixphat Arachnosquire

Ohio
    Our suspect B vagans, Frankie, molted for the third time in our care today! Very happy that all went well, I actually got to watch the whole thing :woot: Took from about 2:50 - 4:10 pm today, I imagine she is something around the 1.5" mark. Camera takes horrible, horrible potato pics, but here's a reference of her growth so far (in terms of her previous sheds) -- I still don't know what I'm going to do with them yet :hilarious:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnobaron Active Member

Just checked on my P. subfusca lowland and found an exuvia, still too small to sex atm.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoking Active Member

Big 6.5" P regalis. Probably about 7" now.
    P stirata molted a few weeks back, probably a little over 7" now.
    N. incei should molt any day now, same with the C laeta.

• Like Like x 2
  5. z32upgrader

z32upgrader Arachnoknight

Whoops! P. met is actually a girl.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. PidderPeets

PidderPeets Arachnoknight Active Member

My juvie male N. chromatus just surprised me with a molt. Went over to look at him just in time to see him in a nerve wracking deathcurl-esque post molt stretch

• Like Like x 1
  7. boina

boina Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

Germany
    G. pulchra #2:
    IMG_5309a.jpg

aaaand:

IMG_5319a.jpg

I had looked at the molt before this and was convinced it was a boy... well, not quite.
    So it seems I've got 3 out of 3 females out of my pulchras - although I'm not absolutely sure on the last one.

• Like Like x 6
  8. sdsnybny

QUICK!!!! go buy a lotto ticket LOL

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. starnaito

starnaito Arachnopeon

PA
    My 2" G. pulchripes molted yesterday. Got the molt out this morning. :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. JoshDM020

JoshDM020 Arachnoknight Active Member

Came home to a molted Avicularia avicularia. Measured the old exuviae and it was 2.75". So shes definitely in the 3" range, now, she looks to have grown quite a bit. Ive been waiting for this for a few weeks now

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  11. sdsnybny

My sub adult female H. pulchripes molted, totally unexpected. :0

• Like Like x 2
  12. keks

keks Arachnobaron Active Member

Caribena versicolor molted, it has an unbelievable blue color now, sadly the web is too thick, I can't get a pic. . I am curious if it is still such a hysterical one.

• Like Like x 3
  13. boina

Germany
    Psssst: hysterical heißt NICHT "hysterisch", es bedeuted "überaus komisch" ... typisch deutscher Fehler ;).

• Like Like x 1
  14. boina

Germany
    My G. iheringi is on her back!!! I wasn't expecting that at all. She molted last time only 7 months ago and I had thought her to be adult with her last molt, but I guess I was wrong. She hadn't flicked a single hair, too. And I had been wondering why she was so sluggish and didn't take food... Sometimes the most obvious explanation really is the right one :banghead:.

• Like Like x 3
  15. keks

keks Arachnobaron Active Member

Das ist dann ein dict.cc - Fehler: https://www.dict.cc/?s=hysterisch :hilarious:! Aber vielen Dank für den Hinweis :).

• Like Like x 1
  16. boina

Germany
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. volcanopele

volcanopele Arachnopeon

My Poecilotheria smithi juvenile molted the other day and threw its molt out from its fortress of solitude last night. I should note that this is the first time I’ve ever seen any of my spiders throw out a molt from its hide or burrow. I still have no idea what you all are talking about with your tidy spiders. Mine are all slobs.

Anyways, looks like “Zelda" has a DLS of 4 inches. And i was finally able to sex it from a molt. I didn’t do a great job at unfolding this one, but i don’t see sex parts, so I’m about 90% sure it’s a male. Which means that I have the worst luck. Of those sexed via molt, I am now 2 for 9. If you include two more that we’re sexed here via ventral sexing, I am 3 for 11 (3 females, 8 males). I have females that I bought already sexed, so that does improve my collection to 9 females and 9 males (bought an LK as a male).

My local pet shop has more P. smithi’s so I’m considering getting another in hopes that it’s a female. Will name it Link just to keep things confusing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnoprince Active Member

Zelda is a great name for a male, because people who don't play those games often think the hero (Link) is named Zelda.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Charlottesweb17

Charlottesweb17 Arachnopeon

Canada
    Came back from weekend away sure enough my other l.parahybana molted. At least I have a time line as to how often they molt which is every 6 weeks right now.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Jmsalaobr

Jmsalaobr Arachnopeon

My 1'' G. Pulchripes molted for the first time in my care.

• Like Like x 3