Who molted today?

boina

Lady of the mites
Poecilotheria ornata - the one (of three) I suspected to be female. I haven't managed to straighten out tho molt yet but with those brilliant and contrasting colors - must be female :D.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
P. sazimai finally ended what has been a very long pre-molt in my limited experience. She has looked ready to pop for close to 2 months.
DSC_0272.JPG
DSC_0275.JPG
DSC_0293.JPG

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
T. plumipes molted sometime in the recent past. Spotted her larger and skinnier self on the wall of her container. 2nd A. purpurea molted and my male P. metallica is looking like he's about to mature.

Last edited:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
P. cambridgei juvi #2 female :), P. metallica 2" sling female :), and Avicularia sp "Blue Velvet" adult female!

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
Our suspect B vagans, Frankie, molted for the third time in our care today! Very happy that all went well, I actually got to watch the whole thing :astonished: Took from about 2:50 - 4:10 pm today, I imagine she is something around the 1.5" mark. Camera takes horrible, horrible potato pics, but here's a reference of her growth so far (in terms of her previous sheds) -- I still don't know what I'm going to do with them yet :rofl:

Attachments

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Big 6.5" P regalis. Probably about 7" now.
P stirata molted a few weeks back, probably a little over 7" now.
N. incei should molt any day now, same with the C laeta.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
My juvie male N. chromatus just surprised me with a molt. Went over to look at him just in time to see him in a nerve wracking deathcurl-esque post molt stretch

boina

Lady of the mites
G. pulchra #2:
IMG_5309a.jpg

aaaand:

IMG_5319a.jpg

I had looked at the molt before this and was convinced it was a boy... well, not quite.
So it seems I've got 3 out of 3 females out of my pulchras - although I'm not absolutely sure on the last one.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Came home to a molted Avicularia avicularia. Measured the old exuviae and it was 2.75". So shes definitely in the 3" range, now, she looks to have grown quite a bit. Ive been waiting for this for a few weeks now

Attachments

keks

Arachnobaron
Caribena versicolor molted, it has an unbelievable blue color now, sadly the web is too thick, I can't get a pic. . I am curious if it is still such a hysterical one.

boina

Lady of the mites
Caribena versicolor molted, it has an unbelievable blue color now, sadly the web is too thick, I can't get a pic. . I am curious if it is still such a hysterical one.
Psssst: hysterical heißt NICHT "hysterisch", es bedeuted "überaus komisch" ... typisch deutscher Fehler ;).