Pyxie frog pictures

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah maybe just a little {D
These guys are by far the funnest herps I've ever owned. I got my tiny half inch froglet a few days ago and he already seems bigger. Amazing appetites, and amazing growth, I hope I get another male.
I'm getting spoiled, I yell at Goomba to grow more, Ive had him for 7 months now, that i think about it...Im almost certain he's a male, but I just love them fat and massive

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Mine is up to eating 4 adult Eublaberus posticus in a sitting now. I had my friend over when feeding, and he's like "You've gotta be kidding me." He's been on invertebrates for a while now though, tomorrow I want to get some kind of vertebrate prey. I enjoy this frog more than just about anything else I've kept in a terrarium. I'll probably end up buying another soon.

atropos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think I will buy one too soon, but what kind of cage do they need, bit like a pacman frog I suppose, but how big does it need to be.

I have seen them at the last fair in Holland for just 15 euro's.

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I think I will buy one too soon, but what kind of cage do they need, bit like a pacman frog I suppose, but how big does it need to be.

I have seen them at the last fair in Holland for just 15 euro's.
I Started mine off in a 5.5 gallon glass aquarium with moist coconut fiber stubstrate, and a water dish, heat pad on the side of the tank, and a 40 watt reptile lightbulb, mostly to provide a day cycle and some extra heat, they don't need the light to synthesize B3 like lizards do. Six months later and I've moved him to a 20 gallon long glass aquarium, with the same setup otherwise, this size should be good for a while.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pics of Tankerbell in his new home.

I saw the teeth really clearly today and I cant certainly see how they would slice you open with ease.

Dennis Frogman

Arachnopeon
Pyxie croaking

Is anyone 100% sure that only males croak because I heard different answers some say that females croak very rarly and some say that only males croak,because mine is croaking.

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have heard my female made some sounds that seems to be croaking but it might of just be distress call or something.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have heard my female made some sounds that seems to be croaking but it might of just be distress call or something.
Honking sounds and distress calls are not croaks. If your frog sits in the water calmly and bellows on its own accord...its a MALE

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes a definate harsh croaking sound is a purely male trait.. if you think it sounds like your frog is calling someone and not making a weird huff sound of something as you disturb it that means you got a boy. mine croaked last night and it is unmistakable

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes a definate harsh croaking sound is a purely male trait.. if you think it sounds like your frog is calling someone and not making a weird huff sound of something as you disturb it that means you got a boy. mine croaked last night and it is unmistakable
Odd thing is, my boy, who's just over 5.5/ around 6 inches snout to vent very rarely croaks, but when he does he usually lets out 2 or 3 consecutive ones at night, and they sound like really deep and fairly slow bellows.

Dennis Frogman

Arachnopeon
More Croaking!

I can't believe it my brother heard my little pyxie croak last night when he was on the computer,his tank is right next to the computer so he is 100% positive it was him,so I guess that means I have too males.:D

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I can't believe it my brother heard my little pyxie croak last night when he was on the computer,his tank is right next to the computer so he is 100% positive it was him,so I guess that means I have too males.:D
Or two maturing male P. Edulis'

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No way, Borchmore has given me so many great youtube memories.
Agreed. A solid reason I ended up getting my pyxies. Definately a rad frog, female or not.

...Though in a year or two you could breed her, but watching your beloved borch get pinned and reemed by a big male could upset you.