Post a pic of your loyal canine

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kitty_B what kind of dog is that? Those ears are intense :p

we suspect she's some fiest variation. which pretty much just means "terrier + hunting dog." a lot of fiests look different due to mixing with different terriers and hounds. she's topped out just under 30 lbs, and howls like a beagle (and will chase anything that moves)! :}

Anita

Arachnopeon
I haven't found a thread dedicated to dog pics, so I thought I would start one and see all your mongrals;P .
Here is a pic of my dog, he is a fox/ rat terrier mix, he is a trip, but he is the bestest dog a boy could want... gee wilikers!
here is my dog Lucky she is a Golden Labrador about 9 yrs old now

Attachments

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have 2 English Mastiffs, both brindle color.

Here's Llewellyn (Louie); my 2yo, 200lb, baby boy

Here are Llewellyn and Miss Cassandra (Cassie) togehter in their fav spot, on my side of the bed. Try getting over almost 400lbs of dog first thing in the am!!!

Love 'em tho. They are the best with my kids!!

Attachments

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok, don't know how I got 2 of Louie on that post. Couldn't get it to delete. My apologies. :eek:

ta2edpop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can only imagine your dog food bills. My brother raises English Mastiffs.

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It isn't too bad. Louie eats 6 cups a day, and Cassie 4. Mastiffs really don't eat as much as most people think. Now for someone who raises them, that could lead to quite the food bill.

At least I get a discount on the vet bills, working at a clinic like I do. {D

Snakecharmer

Arachnopeon
Oooh I love the mastiffs, they are gorgeous. Do they shed much?

Here's my baby, Sadie. She's getting pretty old, ten years but still acts like a puppy.

ta2edpop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

He has six, with his biggest being like 275+. Biggest dog I've ever seen. I've scaled down with my AB's

DMTWI

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Is Buster a Pressa?
We're thinking more pit bull as his weight is around 70lbs, so I don't think that's big enough to be a Pressa. He was a rescue from a local shelter, no info. on him except he was a stray. I think he's about 5 or 6 years old in that pic.

edventurous77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
looks like a pressa to me, 70lbs i quite a large pit reli, so it cud jus be a small to mid sized canario

DMTWI

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
looks like a pressa to me, 70lbs i quite a large pit reli, so it cud jus be a small to mid sized canario
A pressa could be possible, maybe even a mix with pressa? Although here in the states 70lb and larger pits are very common. He's a really good dog though, most of the time.... ;)

Galadriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Could very well be a press mixed with APBT, AmStaff, American Bully, or American bulldog.
Just FYI, American Pit BUll Terrier, American Staffordshire, and American Bullies all fall under the "pit bull" type, but they are 3 separate breeds. "pit bull" is a generic term used to describe a dog with certain physical characteristics, and covers as many as 20 breeds and mixed breeds. And a "pit" is a hole in the ground =)
I'd be very careful saying pit bull to your friends and neighbors. BSL is running rampant these days and if your area is effected now or in the future, there's a very real and very serious risk of having your dog taken. It sucks, and it doesn't make any sense, but we "pit bull" owners are faced with it every day.
I'm a member of an awesome pit bull forum that is great about keeping up with BSL (breed specific legislation) threats. I'd be happy to pass you the URL in pvt if you're interested =)
Thank you for having the heart to rescue your pup!

DMTWI

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Could very well be a press mixed with APBT, AmStaff, American Bully, or American bulldog.
Just FYI, American Pit BUll Terrier, American Staffordshire, and American Bullies all fall under the "pit bull" type, but they are 3 separate breeds. "pit bull" is a generic term used to describe a dog with certain physical characteristics, and covers as many as 20 breeds and mixed breeds. And a "pit" is a hole in the ground =)
I'd be very careful saying pit bull to your friends and neighbors. BSL is running rampant these days and if your area is effected now or in the future, there's a very real and very serious risk of having your dog taken. It sucks, and it doesn't make any sense, but we "pit bull" owners are faced with it every day.
I'm a member of an awesome pit bull forum that is great about keeping up with BSL (breed specific legislation) threats. I'd be happy to pass you the URL in pvt if you're interested =)
Thank you for having the heart to rescue your pup!
I hear you on the BSL issue, lots of false info. out there fueling the 'anti-pit bull' fire. But it's good to see so many groups working to fight BSL and I'm happy to say the city I live in doesn't feel BSL is the way to go. Also happy to see that you and others here on the T forum are pit bull owners. :) I'm still new to T's, just got my first a couple weeks ago and this forum has been very helpful for a newbie like me. Hopefully I'll have more eight legged pets to go along with the one with four legs. Also, you can send me a pm with the pit bull forum you belong to if you'd like, that would be fine. :D

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
with all the pictures of dogs lounging on furniture, i had to include this:

she's so spoiled she uses TWO pillows! :p