Species Poecilotheria metallica

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Do you own many? Why do you like them so much?

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Cooper
Do you own many? Why do you like them so much?
I had a adult female (see picture above) once.
I am fascinated with them and have always been, its incredible that such a small animal can have such potent venom, esp. potent for primates. However, I would be just as fascinated if they werent especially venomous. I do have a crush on Brachypelma aswell :) For me they are the holy grail cos they are very very hard to get outside of Aussie.
They dont have flashy colors but the shiny black are awesome.

/Lelle

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Crotalus
I do have a crush on Brachypelma aswell :) For me they are the holy grail cos they are very very hard to get outside of Aussie.
They dont have flashy colors but the shiny black are awesome.

/Lelle
Hey,
Don't you mean Selenocosmia instead of Brachypelma?
greetz,
Joost

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I apologize Lelle. I put a link to some pics but I realized you have a site with pics of Hexathelidae too. Your pics are sick by the way. :cool:

Sorry bro. :)

Atrax

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by ArachnoJoost
Hey,
Don't you mean Selenocosmia instead of Brachypelma?
greetz,
Joost
Hmm I was talking about aussie funnel webs but english isnt my 1st lingo so it got a little mixed up. I meant aussie hexathelids are for me the holy grail.

/Lelle

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
I apologize Lelle. I put a link to some pics but I realized you have a site with pics of Hexathelidae too. Your pics are sick by the way. :cool:

Sorry bro. :)

Atrax
Theres no need for an apology! :)
The pics on my site make me a bit sick too cos I sold the Atrax... *regret regret regret*

/Lelle

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You know I meant sick in a good way, right? :)
I can imagine the pain of knowing you once had such an awesome creature. I still consider you lucky though! ;P
Even if there were ever any possible way I could acquire a funnelweb I could not keep one because of children in the house. That would be my only reserve however.

See ya.

Atrax

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
You know I meant sick in a good way, right? :)
I can imagine the pain of knowing you once had such an awesome creature. I still consider you lucky though! ;P
Even if there were ever any possible way I could acquire a funnelweb I could not keep one because of children in the house. That would be my only reserve however.

See ya.

Atrax
Yes I know what you meant no problem :)
I still have a exuvia from her so I can watch it and remember the years we had lol
Well, I will keep my eyes open wide and who knows maybe I get lucky again.

/Lelle

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Now, it's about time you show up!
Awesome pic and awesome website you have.
Hope you stick around.
thanks,
john

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: Another pic of P. metallica

Originally posted by Thomas Märklin
Hi Poeple

Another picture of one 0.1 P. metallica.
Many blue Wishes.

Thomas Märklin, Switzerland
Yellow too?

I truley am tormented. That is gorgeous. I think that I could safetly say that that is the number 1 maybe number 2 most gorgeous tarantulas that I have seen (the other being C. fimbratus).

Damn!

Jon

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Yes it is...thats why I am buying up ALLLLLLLL the raffle tickets....ok not all but enough!!

theninegates

Arachnopeon
My P. Metallica sling. About 1.5" and already showing good color.

It's very active and is out most of the time (likes to stick it's head in a small hole it made in the substrate every now and then with it's butt exposed :) ) and hangs out by the top of the tank at night and settles into a patch of webbing face down on the side of the tank during the day. I think it sleeps that way.

It's a total pig and eats every other day.

Love this spider.

theninegates

Arachnopeon
theninegates said:
My P. Metallica sling. About 1.5" and already showing good color.

It's very active and is out most of the time (likes to stick it's head in a small hole it made in the substrate every now and then with it's butt exposed :) ) and hangs out by the top of the tank at night and settles into a patch of webbing face down on the side of the tank during the day. I think it sleeps that way.

It's a total pig and eats every other day.

Love this spider.

Attachments

jw73

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is beautyful spider but other species are also. I don't understand why so many people are so crazy about them.

theninegates

Arachnopeon
jw73 said:
This is beautyful spider but other species are also. I don't understand why so many people are so crazy about them.
Yes, there are other great species that I'd like to have some day myself. At first they were very expensive but the price is slowly coming down. I think it's the combination of being new to the hobby and very colorful along with the traits of pokeys.... being so active and visible most of the time.

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
very very nice P metallica you have there...it looks like a male to me..

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Those are the most beautiful tarantulas that i have ever seen! It is way too expensive for me and i cannot afford to pay that much money for ONE TARANTULA! Great pics by everyone!

James