Species Poecilotheria metallica

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by LaRiz
If you've seen the adult pics, and I'm not talking the ones at the Poecilotheria.com (which are still very nice), you know that they're worth every penny.
I think I know the ones you are referring to and they are very very impressive indeed. :)

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful T John!!!!! Congrats!!!! Let us know when the breeding begins.

Andy

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
John,
So how are you keeping them, typical pokie conditions? How are they temperament-wise? Hell on wheels and light speed or just a little shy? And if you're going to be taking more pics, perhaps you might post one of their genital opening? I assume that people will want to sex them as early as possible for future breeding projects.
Karen N.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
John..... speechless....first time that's ever happened to ME!!!=D

What a beauty, keep the pictures comin'!!

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hey All,

Can't let John hog all the glory now can I....

While they may not be as good as John's, I sure as hell wasn't taking a chance in taking a pic outside with it loose ;), there's few enough pics of them around that I think mine stand up pretty well..... :D

Scott

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hello

Am I the Only one that is so jelous of Scott and John.

Omy thoes are the most breautiful pics ever.

have a nice day everyone

geo

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
OOOOhhhh!

*wonders about creed to never get a pokie*

Dammit!

AWESOME!!!

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
No, you're not. That's why this thread is at Page 4 of people wishing they had one! ;P

Awesome pictures, Scott. (John too, but I think I said that already :p)

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
you did it for me, i kinda thought these things where really overrated, and didnt really want one, but after seeing the pics you guys are posting i really want them and definatly plan on getting them in the future

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I admit, I feel kinda jealous too
<<as I wipe the drool from my chin>>
But I'll just be hoping that they do very well with their upcoming breeding projects and maybe us po'folks can get one for $50-60 in a few years

Very sweet looking T... And I don't blame you Scott, I wouldn't take it out just for pictures either and risk an escape

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If I actually had a job, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, heh.

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by mrderanged
While they may not be as good as John's, I sure as hell wasn't taking a chance in taking a pic outside with it loose ;)
Scott
No doubt your pics are great. And what a nice subject to photograph. :}
I hear you about taking the pics while they're loose. While I was separating mine, one pulled the "run up the arm and hide on the back trick".
Man, talk about nervous. I imagined that as soon as I pulled my shirt over my head, that's when the bugger would cannonball to the floor, open up and run in a direction I couldn't see. But, it worked out. Now, I don't even look at 'em. Don't want to bring on the jinx.
I feel a Poecilotheria metallica appreciation thread coming on.
john
PS Karen, I didn't forget about your question, look for something soon.

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by si_sleaf
...looks at regalis and thinks about spay paint:p
Is that like vasectomy paint or neuter paint? :? j/k

Beautiful spiders, John and Scott. You should be proud.

Bry

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Indeed you should be very proud, very nice creatures.
If I had the chance to buy one (read: if I had the money...), I still wouldnt' buy one just because it is rare, in fact, that is exactly the reason I wouldn't buy one. I've never bred spiders, and I think it is important that these first spiderlings come in posession of very experienced keepers/breeders to secure the spiders for the hobby. If all the metallica's ended up with spiderkeepers with limited experience (such as me) with money (not me) the future of the metallica in the hobby would be questionable. That's why I'm happy with where they ended up, treat them good! (as I know you will).
greetz,
Joost

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You guys gotta snap some good pics and post them in the appreciation thread, that is what it is there for!!!

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

i can't stop myself from looking at the pics, awesome pics scott and john, this is driving me mad! lol do you guys have any idea how many bloodlines there are ? god i need a female, must stop thinking about ... must stop thinking about it and appreciate how far this hobby has truly gone, simply amazing what spider on the planet could possbly blow away p. metallica? none in my opinion , maybe a pair of S. satanus? nah!! Gooty ornamentals rule! see there i go again ...

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Scott and John,
Beautiful pics and beautiful spiders. Now hurry up and raise them, sex them, and breed them. Maybe in the future I'll be able to afford one.
Mike

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well my pics don't look as good as John's or Scott's but here is mine and I'm calling it Patience. I had to have a lot of that while I was waiting on it.:) That's why I got the tatoo to hold me over until I could get the real thing.

Attachments

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
great spiders! now lets get some of these in the appreciation thread to convince some of those sceptics.

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by petitegreeneyes
Well my pics don't look as good as John's or Scott's but here is mine and I'm calling it Patience. I had to have a lot of that while I was waiting on it.:) That's why I got the tatoo to hold me over until I could get the real thing.
They (your pics) look good. And it's BLUE! :D

Last edited: