1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Species Poecilotheria metallica

Discussion in 'Tarantula Pictures' started by LaRiz, Aug 2, 2003.

1. LaRiz

LaRiz Arachnodemon Old Timer

PA
    Advertisement
    ...needs no words.

john the happy

Attached Files:

2. rosehaired1979

rosehaired1979 Arachnoking Old Timer

Wow that is a beautiful T! !! What type of T is it?

3. Ahhh suckered in by the heights of fashion ;)

Nice spider regardless, what size is it at sorry?

You're the first person I've seen to post pics of 'THEIR' P.Metallica, assuming it is yours!

4. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Arachnoemperor Old Timer

Gruddangit, John, I'm trying to talk myself out of buying one of these things and you go showing off yours.

Still, I think the fact that I'd be about 70% of the way to upgrading my computer for what a spider would cost should keep me in check... I hope.

5. TheDon

TheDon ArachnoDon Old Timer

Wow what a great Picture of an amazing T. I dont have to worry about buying one as they arent up here in Canada yet. Plus I know I wouldnt spend $300 on one right now as I have to pay for school. But as soon as that is paid for and all my paychecks start going into my pocket I will most likely buy one as soon as I see one on a pricelist.

and what size is that right now? 1 1/2"? thats my guess.

peace

TheDon

6. kellygirl

kellygirl Arachnoprince Old Timer

NC
  7. Malhavoc's

Malhavoc's Arachnoking Old Timer

8. rob

rob Got Inverts? Old Timer

CT
    Finally another photo of this species. Lots of hype and talk, but I've only seen a couple photo's of this species. Looks pretty cool, but too expensive for me. Keep the pics coming John.:)

9. Lopez

Lopez Arachnoking Old Timer

Congratulations - what size is she? European bred I take it? :)

10. petitegreeneyes

petitegreeneyes Arachnoprince Old Timer

IN
    You said it when you said no words are needed:D Oh man such a beautiful sight!!!!!!

11. arachnopunks

arachnopunks Arachnobaron Old Timer

You are a lucky man, John..... a lucky man!!

-Jill

12. nemesis6sic6

nemesis6sic6 Arachnoangel Old Timer

oh my

WHoa dude that is the awesomest pic Ive seen. Is it too small to sex? P.metallica is cool!

have a nice day

geo

13. spider

spider Arachnoprince Old Timer

( OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)
    Thats goin on my x-mas list , FOR SURE!

Later,

14. Kali

Kali Arachnoknight Old Timer

wow! more things i can't afford! very nice T! congrats.

Kristin:rolleyes:

15. Valael

Valael Arachnodemon Old Timer

I wonder what they look like as mature adults....Beautiful T. I may have to buy one whenever I get off my lazy butt and get a job.

16. ArachnoJoost

ArachnoJoost Arachnobaron Old Timer

17. LaRiz

LaRiz Arachnodemon Old Timer

PA
    Well I wouldn't call it "suckered in", but more like "hey, another Poec. to add to my collection".
    You've assumed right. The pic and the spider is mine. Yes, I have more pics and more metallica. :) Life is good right now.
    This one is around the 1.25" mark.
    P. metallica and it's introduction to the US hobby came just in time for me on a personal level. I was getting burned out a little and thought about how nice it would be to just not take care of any critters anymore. I guess this was the "spark" I needed.
    Chip, "Ride the Lightning" man. You can always do the computer thing later. Be part of the history.
    Computer=obsolete nano-seconds later, P. metallica=the gift that keeps on giving, Gruddangit.
    Thanks all for the complements, but all I did was buy 'em. Thank Frank Somma and Tommy Agosta for providing the US with this "holy grail" of tarantulas.
    I've seen a couple pics of adults and just looking at them you'd think, "how can a tarantula be this beautiful?". Like this is all a hoax. Obviously they are not a hoax and they're everything all the hype inflated them to be.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2003
  18. TheSpiderHouse

TheSpiderHouse Arachnosquire Old Timer

LaRiz,
    Thats an absolute beauty. I tried to order the one that Vince had, but was told that it was sold the day before I called. Day late and a dollar short.. story of my life ;) Anyway, Joel is the one who beat me to it, so I can't hold a grudge. Do us a favor and post pics of that incredible specimen every time it molts, please. Thanks :D

19. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Arachnoemperor Old Timer

You have no idea how true that might be. I showed your pic to my wife and she agreed that it was a very pretty tarantula...

Then I told her I was considering getting one...

Then I told her the cost...

I just might be staked out on a hill in a suit of medieval armor during a thunder storm if I get one =D

20. Damn, now that's a spider....

So are these avalible for purchase now? Or did Lariz just somehow find one lingering around...(<-yeah right) Who is offering these for sale? How did you get one Lariz?