Introduce Yourself

Dawnie

Arachnopeon
First time posting after literal years of lurking
I'm Dawnie, and I love everything about tarantulas (even though I was once terrified of all kinds of spiders.) Fast forward through a few years of doing my careful research on the hobby, and I'm mom to two very beautiful species: avicularia avicularia and my very plump aphonopelma seemanni!

I'm so glad that I decided to take the leap into this hobby because arachnids are truly amazing creatures.

BobsUrUncle

Arachnopeon
Hello! Just moved to Chicago and I'm looking to bring some invertebrate friends back into my household. I used to care for a small collection of inverts at a museum in California but now I'm looking at insects as more of a personal hobby.

I look forward to pestering you all for advice :)

Aryvane

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! I am new to the invert and arachnid scenes in general, and keep learning cool things every day! I would like to get a T whenever I get my own place, probably an A. chalcodes or a G. rosea. Glad to be here!

Paradox87

Arachnopeon
Hey guys and gals! I'm Fabi from Germany and in the hobby since June last year after being heavily arachnophobic for my entire life. Last year I decided to face my fears and learned alot about Spiders and Tarantulas in particular. Bought my first T, a b.hamorii sling. Every month since then, I've been adding to my collection (b.hamorii, b.albopilosum (adult), d.pentaloris (juvenile), a.geniculata and g.porteri so far) and I'm totally in love with the little critters. This week I've bought my first old world, a p.murinus sling. Hope to learn alot from your guys!

Cryptograms

Arachnopeon
Hello there! Recently got into the hobby a few months ago after taking home some hissers from my university lab. I got some experience handling one of these gentle giants, and I just had to ask to take a few of them home :happy:. They're very interesting to observe, and they've definitely gotten me interested in all kinds of inverts. That being said, I'm very excited to broaden my knowledge. Thanks for having me, and I look forward to meeting you all!

I

iloveeurobeat

Hi i am Australian and I joined this forum because one day I was sitting in my table, and I felt something on my arm. It was a spider I now call Bobby. He was a tiny little bugger, but he loved me so much he wouldn't get of my arm onto a near by shelf. Eventually he hopped on and began to make a web. He has a shelfmate, an equally friendly jumping spider from my bathroom, and they aren't aggressive to each other.

s dave

Arachnopeon
Afternoon everyone, I am totally new to the hobby and a moderate archnaphobe. I'm hoping to pick up my first spider soon and use this hobby as a way to get past my fears. I saw this board recommended frequently by Tom Moran and figured I had better get on here and keep reading. Thanks in advance for the advice and I hope everything will get better from here.

PantherRaven

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name is Panther,
I am new to this board and new to tarantulas.
Looking forward to learning loads and meeting others

Ron Fults

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! My name is Ron and I live in Ohio. I am a bee keeper, I am what many might call a "Star Wars Nerd", I enjoy guns and playing drums .
I've always thought animals like scorpions, tarantulas, crocodilians and other reptiles to be very interesting .
I do not currently have any animals except for our dogs and honey bees .
I was thinking seriously of getting a tarantula or tarantulas and I'm trying to educate myself before jumping in.
So if I ask a question that may be stupid please excuse my ignorance.
I did a bit of research and this was the recommended place to come for information and guidance .
Please feel free to offer any advice or suggestions you might have to offer a greenhorn and thank you for having me!

creepybuggirl

Arachnopeon
hey there, you can call me Cloud. born in the beautiful San Francisco Bay area, i moved cross country when i was a child.
just recently i have gotten into tarantulas, but ive always loved bugs (used to get bullied at school for it, believe it or not)! in the past 6 months ive acquired an A. avicularia (pink toe) and a beautiful Aphonopelma chalcodes (arizona blonde). But among them, i own two cats, two betta fish, and a snapping turtle.
As i move up in the arachnid world, i am planning on buying a Theraphosa blondi and an Omothymus schioedtei.
i love all types of music, except country haha, i listen to music religiously! i love horror movies, and anything creepy. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated! remember to love :^)

Tessa Clifton

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone! My name is Ron and I live in Ohio. I am a bee keeper, I am what many might call a "Star Wars Nerd", I enjoy guns and playing drums .
I've always thought animals like scorpions, tarantulas, crocodilians and other reptiles to be very interesting .
I do not currently have any animals except for our dogs and honey bees .
I was thinking seriously of getting a tarantula or tarantulas and I'm trying to educate myself before jumping in.
So if I ask a question that may be stupid please excuse my ignorance.
I did a bit of research and this was the recommended place to come for information and guidance .
Please feel free to offer any advice or suggestions you might have to offer a greenhorn and thank you for having me!
Just make sure that you do your research not on just tarantulas in general, but on the specific species that you want to get. They have very varying needs. Also, as a bit of first advice, this is my biggest pet peeve so I try to make sure people know about it, DO NOT buy into that goofy stuff about a large tarantula needing a ten gallon tank! They only need a tank that is about two or three times their body length, not a giant jungle. lol. Good luck!

Ron Fults

Arachnopeon
Just make sure that you do your research not on just tarantulas in general, but on the specific species that you want to get. They have very varying needs. Also, as a bit of first advice, this is my biggest pet peeve so I try to make sure people know about it, DO NOT buy into that goofy stuff about a large tarantula needing a ten gallon tank! They only need a tank that is about two or three times their body length, not a giant jungle. lol. Good luck!
Thank you for that advice .I was actually wondering about the size of container I really needed. I have seen videos of people with 10 gallon tanks and others with something more like what your talking about. So thanks for clearing that up for me!

StephieCreate

Arachnopeon
Hi! Just Joined today! I've always been fascinated with spiders and as a kid I use to keep a common house spider and a Metaltella Simoni. I didn't keep them long and eventually released them back to the shed I got them from. But I'm at it again and trying it out with a couple of Metaltella Simoni ladies I found crawling around my bathroom. So I joined a place with a bunch of other spider lovers so I have someone to gush about them instead of hiding all by my loan-some with my tiny little critters in my bedroom. oh! and just call me Stephie!

Arachnophobia4353

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone I am Ethan finally decided to post and be active after constant lurking lol. I currently own 4 Ts and 1 Scorp always searching for more though anyways enjoy your fuzzies everybody.

ghostarantula

Arachnopeon
Hi. I am going to buy unsexed juvenile or slings from local pet store today when they are open for now, intend to make some purchases in here when the weather get warmer. I used to have over 200+ tarantulas from slings, juveniles, and the adults in the past. I even have some scorpions and tropical centipedes.

I decided to join here to be part of arachnids community. There's not really much of friends or people in real life that have same interests as I have in arachnids. Wanted to resume this hobby as trading/collector.

Kingnoff30

Arachnopeon
New to the forum I actually a pet shop rose hair I had her for 4 years before she broke out of her tank and I never found her again and I am currently waiting on my first spidering coming from Jamie's in California I ordered a Acanthoscurria geniculata (Brazilian white knee) may need help learning on spiderlings. Hope with help from ppl here I can get a long happy relationship with a very beautiful arachnid.

Ronya

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone; my name is Miron! I am currently working on a degree in biology, and in general have always been a very outdoors-inclined person. I like to document whatever species I stumble upon in my daily life, which eventually led me to this forum. As it turns out, passion for annelids, gastropods, and auchenorrhyncha is not easily found elsewhere on the internet...so I figured I'd stop lurking and finally create an account, although as of yet, I've never directly cared for any invertebrates.

Also, the amount of dedication the hobbyists here have is truly admirable! Hopefully, I'll own a few inverts in the future as well