Introduce Yourself

Malcontent

Arachnopeon
Hello

My names Victoria. New to keeping Ts. Love them from afar but creeped out by them... now that I own them I’m over it. House spiders no longer bother me either lol. I live in Canada and I am currently a stay at home single mom going back to school this fall. Going into funeral directing.

Blamo

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is aaron, I’m newish to the hobby and slowly falling more and more in love these beautiful creatures. Thanks for having me here. I am a tattoo artist from Vancouverfull time. I originally started this hobby to combat my arachnophobia and very quickly realized how fascinating tarantulas can be. I currently only have a caribena versicolor , and two chromatopelma cyaneopubescens slings about 1” and looking to grow my collection and absorb knowledge.

Jayson1974

Arachnopeon
Hey all just joined and also just recently have started considering getting a Tarantula. Live in Ontario Canada married with Grandkids. Wife got me watching some youtube channels and the feeding vids are pretty damn interesting. Never realized that there was such a variety of beautiful Tarantulas out there.
I am now into the research phase of things and heard this site mentioned on youtube...so here I be.
Hope this is a friendly forum.

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
I joined about a week ago i think and im still tryna figure out how this works lol. Im just a teen from california getting into isopods n love reptiles, animals, plants and whatnot. If anyone is interested in what i have, i have an instagram @herps_n_memes with pics of most of my pets . Im really looking forward to learning more on here and meeting no people.

Last edited:

SuzieT

Arachnopeon
Allow me to introduce...
:cool: My T!

I have a beautiful Brachypelma Smithi juvenile (unsexed with no name as of yet :shifty:).
This is my first T and I have only had her/him since 11th Dec 2018.
She/he is very calm and enjoys sitting around all day! Although my T is in premoult at the moment. I'm sure my T will be doing acrobatics and dancing once moulting is out of the way.

Only last year have these incredible creatures captured my attention and since then, have fascinated me completely! I am so intrigued by T's now, I can't stop watching videos and reading about them!
There is so much more for me to learn and I am thoroughly looking forward to being part of my T's journey.

Now that the most important introduction is out of the way...

Allow me to introduce...
o_O Myself!

Hey peeps! I'm Suzie, 30 years young, don't take life too seriously, animal lover, car enthusiast and now a new proud tarantula hobbyist.
WARNING I'm a bit of a nutter! (no joke).
Animal: Human (not as awesome as a tarantula!)
Species: White/English (native to England/London).
Hair: Brunette
Eye Colour: Blue
Aka POINTLESS INFORMATION

NEXT!...

I really do look forward in getting to know you all... maybe not all, that would be insanely impressive if I actually managed to accomplish that! But in getting to know as many of you as possible. The more knowledge, help and advice I can gain, the better. Plus being able to talk with people in regards to tarantulas and other arachnids, plus possibly creating friendships along the way, is ace.

Anyway, before coming to an end on my book :wacky:, I have seen so many helpful and informative advice on here already! Google tends to bring up Arachnoboards and I have heard this site mentioned in a couple of videos before as well! Which lead me to join.
My animals always deserve the very best and I always provide the best for them. Heck, I look after animals and buy more for animals than I do myself!
*whispers* completely spoilt!

I will conclude my book with a few photos of my baby! :kiss:

Enjoy the rest of your day and hopefully speak to you soon!

P.S

I will leave a mug shot of myself in the 'Who's behind the computer Part 5'.

Much Badass Love
SuzieT ;)

That's my gorgeous bubs. :p
IMG_2455.JPG IMG_2511.JPG IMG_2515.JPG IMG_2969.JPG IMG_3408.JPG IMG_2499.JPG

Clareesi

Arachnopeon
Hello all!!!
I'm Clarissa and I'm new around these parts. Ok, so admittedly that was corny. I'm currently studying to be a chiropractor and have a bachelor's in biology. I blame that degree for my love of T's. And birds. Definitely love birds too.

Anyway currently have 3 tarantulas, A. Seemanni, M.Balfouri, GBB. Oh and also a grass spider that ran under my couch. That probably doesnt count.

Brit

Arachnopeon
Greetings, earthlings! :alien

I’m a brand new T owner, just brought home a beautiful Honduran curly hair yesterday and look forward to learning and experiencing these awesome arachnids!

I’ve always been fascinated by bugs, particularly spiders. I really don’t have any friends (locally) that want to hear about or see pictures of them, so I joined a community of fellow spider lovers who would share in my enthusiasm.

When I’m not watching ‘Roxanne’ devour crickets, I enjoy playing bass, listening to music, being in nature, reading, or playing video games (Skyrim more often than not).

Look forward to expanding my knowledge in the area of arachnids!

Bailz

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone.

I'm a long time fan of keeping invertebrates, and have always been very interested in this particular part of the natural world in particular.

Recent years have allowed me the time to enjoy my hobbies again, and keeping Tarantulas has always been something i was interested in, but haven't since my mid 20's. So i made a New Years resolution to change that, and am now raising a P. Irminia and B. Hamorii with care and attention.

My friends and partner are fascinated by these creatures, but that's as far as it goes; Joining a community of fellow keepers and enthusiasts is something i've wanted to do for a time, and i look forward to learning and understanding more aspects of this hobby amongst you all.

Last edited:

heartbuttspooder

Arachnopeon
hello everyone! My name is Jillian, and I'm new to the boards and kind of new to tarantulas. I currently own 4. a Caribena veriscolor sling(>1"), a Grammastola Porteri sling(1/2"), a chromatopelma cyaneopubescens(>1") and a Aphonopelma chalcodes (2"+).
I have a love of learning and cannot wait to expand my collection further. Also I am a Full time Geomorphology student soon to graduate with my Bachelors!
Feel free to message me anytime! Thankyou!!

Tessa Clifton

Arachnosquire
I first got into tarantulas when I was six years old and I found my first tarantula in southern california where I lived. I ammased a large collection of tarantulas that I had found, and didn't really think about breeding or collecting until a few years ago. I currently don't have any tarantulas (I did just order 6 though) because I moved to Wyoming and sold the Ts I had in order to keep their stress level down. Hopefully I will be able to amass a larger collection of Ts soon. :)

Wyoguy069

Arachnopeon
Hello Tessa and everyone else on here. I’m also from Wyoming and just started with my first Avic a week ago. I have had snakes for about six years, but have always had a love for spiders. Last summer I had a three foot Orb Weaver web in my living room where me and my son were feeding it flies. I just ordered a Female Arizona blonde and may get a spider too. All kidding aside I enjoy the hobby and the challenges that cold temperatures and low humidity provide. I have everything in various Showcase cages as I love to see my animals as much as possible.

Msmith77

Arachnopeon
Whassup people? My name is Mark, I just picked up my first sling today. B. albopilosum. Will post pictures soon! Its name is Jackie :robot:

Last edited:

Agent T

Arachnopeon
Hello! My name is Leroy. I was in the hobby for awhile, but ended up selling all my tarantulas. I am now getting back into it! I am excited and can't wait to start sharing my collection with you guys.

MARC NORMAN

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, my name is Marc. my first tarantulas were two goliath bird eaters, I am trying to sell them and get something smaller.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hello. I am a 45 y o guy that lives in Öland, an island in south of Sweden in a house with my girlfriend and her son. I have been keeping tarantulas for 20 years. My other intrest is fishing, cooking and hikings!

Bigfluffyspiders

Arachnopeon
Hello! I'm a recovering arachnophobe learning about spiders. We get lots of baboon spiders out here and it's been rewarding learning about them rather than just freaking out.
I'm considering a curly hair as a pet soon, and a lot of it is thanks to the helpful beginners info and stories I've read on here. So I'm here and lurking for now. I may also forward pictures of the local baboon spiders if I see any, we're not allowed to keep them though. It would be interesting to hear if anyone has more info about Trichognathella as it's the most common one I see, yet there doesn't appear to be a lot of info around on it.