1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Welcome To Arachnoboards' started by Arachnoboards, May 16, 2005.

1. Olemier

Olemier Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hello all! I’m Josh, I’m also very new to this hobby. I just picked up my first T a few days ago after a lifelong interest in tarantulas. I’ve loved spiders my whole life.

I’m currently at University studying Computer Science with a minor in Philosophy. This is a side hobby that’s always been incredibly interesting to me so I’m happy I’ve found a place for people with similar interests!

Hope to be pretty active on here from here on out, nice to meet you all!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. kieren hayes

kieren hayes Arachnopeon

Canada
    Hey! I’m Kieren. I don’t own any tarantulas because my roommate/bestfriend thinks they are creepy :( So I’m just here to live vicariously through all of you.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Arrngrim

Arrngrim Arachnopeon

Greetings, I go by Arrngrim online, I've never owned a tarantula and am looking into buying my first one. I am doing copious amounts of research prior to said purchase. I intend to visit a Repticon in my area next month also. Thank you in advance for all of the information I am sure I will find here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Barry67

Barry67 Arachnopeon

Hello everyone

After some research i have just purchased an Avicularia sp. Kwitara at juvenile age it is my first T, i should be able to pick the spider up next weekend depending on weather. Any way a quick message tyo say Hi as i am bound to have some questions and thus far reading the forum has been helpful

• Like Like x 1
  5. Snakewoman

Snakewoman Arachnopeon

Hi, I just joined today. Since so many of my inquiries end up here I finally decided to join. I also thought it would be a great place to get answers from other people rather than google since there is so much conflicting info out there. And I might be able to help someone too! :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Urzeitmensch

Urzeitmensch Arachnopeon

Germany
    Hi all,

I am Urzeitmensch from Germany.

I am new to the hobby and got my first Tarantula (B. harmori) about a week ago.

I have been stalking this forum for quite some time and found a lot of good advice. So thank you all for helping me get into the hobby!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hentai

Hentai Arachnopeon

Hey,

I'm JD from Scotland.

Totally new to the hobby, setting up my first enclosure this weekend.
    I've been reading lots and lurking on the forum for a while and finally decided to dive in.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jasonhr

Jasonhr Arachnopeon

Hi, I am Jason from The Netherlands and new in this addictive hobby.
    I hope to learn a lot about tarantulas on this forum.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeahhtrue

Yeahhtrue Arachnopeon

Hi guys, I'm Dan. I've been in the hobby for a little over two years now. I've been on TarantulaForums sporadically but never posted over here mainly because for some reason, this place was blocked at work and that's where I do most of my internet browsing. For whatever reason, it's no longer blocked, so here I am! I've kept my collection small but am looking to pick up some more additions soon. I post pictures/videos of my Ts on Instagram @tardantula, give me a follow if you're interested!

0.1.0 Grammostola rosea
    0.0.2 Grammostola pulchra
    0.1.0 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
    0.0.1 Caribena versicolor
    0.0.1 Lasiodora parahybana
    0.0.1 Acanthoscurria geniculata
    0.0.1 Homeoemma chilensis

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Minty

Minty @londontarantulas Arachnosupporter

London
    Please don't put tarantulas on your face, it's a selfish, unnecessary risk to both you and the tarantula.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yeahhtrue

Yeahhtrue Arachnopeon

She wasn't 'put' there so much as I didn't discourage her climbing. For what it's worth, I was sitting on my bed and she was only there briefly before being lowered again. But anyway, I changed my avatar so as not to tick off anyone else.

12. Hi I Brad,I am 35 from British Columbia, Canada. I am new to tarantulas, I just bought my first tarantula she is a Chilean rose hair (G. Rosea) yesterday and interested in learning more on tarantula keeping.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019 at 2:47 AM
    • Like Like x 1