Introduce Yourself

Larry Mac

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hello.. Im new here im from the philippines... I started keeping last july as a bday present for my self
. My first T. is a B. Auratum... Right now i have 14 sp. ..my latest are 3 local sp.
Sp. Mindanao south.... Sp Negros.... Orphnaecus Philippinus.. Im so happy and honored to be a part of Arachnaboards....

Prophet

Arachnosquire
Hey guys just introducing myself. I found this board while looking for information about emperor scorpions. I've always been fascinated with them but have always been terrified of them. I decided to finally get over the fear and turn all my old saltwater tank equipment into a habitat for a few of them. Hoping to learn lots of good info here.

scott lane

Arachnopeon
Hello all my name is Quinton Scott Lane I've been out of the hobby my first T was a g.pulchra turned out to be male unfortunatley had him till he reached maturity then he died got out for a while now i'm coming back into it with my a.seemani named arachne named from the greek mythology tale arachne and athena. glad to be here

Coiled Colt

Arachnopeon
Hello to all existing members of the forum.

I've just been given my first tarantula as an early xmas present from my other half. She's a mexican flame knee tarantula (Brachypelma Auratum), the spider not my other half :)

Have always wanted a T and she has finally caved in to my nagging. She's fine with her but our 4 boys are less than thrilled. Although I am hoping to expand both my knowledge and collection in the near future.

Have had her for a few days now letting her settle in, but managed to coax her onto my hand this morning. received_10213097752752202.jpeg

MyUsername

Arachnopeon
Hello!
My name is Lindsay. I'm from Quebec. Working hard to combat my arachnophobia I have decided to adopt a tarantula. I'm considering either a Palomino Blonde or a Pink Zebra Beauty. However today in a pet shop I came across a Mexican Fireleg that was being kept poorly so my bleeding heart is kind of falling in love and I want to save it. I've signed up here because I really want to make sure I give any spider a happy home. Any advice I can receive from your experience will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read this

AntagoNate

Arachnopeon
Hello Arachnoboards.

My name is Nate. I'm 26, from Australia and entirely new to the hobby. Given my location there's many Ts I want but will never have :') and I'm a little too nervous to start with an old world so I joined in the hopes of finding some info and advice on keeping some of the more common and less venomous true spiders native to my country/state. Also here to pass the time looking at pretty T photos!

My main interests and hobbies are drawing, writing, watching copious amounts of YouTube content (I found this forum through TheDarkDen channel) and gaming when I get the time outside of work.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot here :)

GenXtra

Arachnopeon
Greetings,

Recent interest has drawn me to this forum, hence this intro.
I do not have a specimen as of yet, but I am reading as much as possible on the net & have ordered The Tarantula Keeper's Guide, before deciding which T & taking the plunge. In the future, any/all assistance to my inquiries is much appreciated.

Regards,
Todd

emollie

Arachnopeon
I'm Emily and I'm totally new here! I've been watching people keep tarantulas all my life and researching and researching, and I'll finally have the chance to get one of my own next year so now I'm here to help gather resources and friends to make sure I know exactly what I'm doing before I start! The only dudes I have right now are my hermit crabs, which I love dearly. Spides are next on the list!

KaosOrion

Arachnopeon
Well Im going to add my ( or lack there of) two cents and introduce myself. My name is Shannon and I'm new to the world of T ownership. I don't own any Ts as of right now because my living situation isn't ideal but when that changes I'm planning on buying either a G. rosea or Brachypelma smithi.
For now though I'm looking up any and all information on tarantulas and learning from everyone here.

Muppet

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I'm new to tarantulas and the forum, but keep a few invertebrates and other herps. I don't expect I'll post much here, but I do want to be able to ask questions. I'm looking for a Grammostola pulchra for my first spider, and it's been difficult to find, despite it being touted as a great beginner species. In some hobbies, the harder they are to breed (as I'm learning G. pulchra is), the less a species is recommended for beginners. Ease of keeping seems to be the dominant factor in making such recommendations in the tarantula world, I see. It's foiling my evil plan!!! Ah, well. I'd rather wait for a healthy specimen from a quality source. Anyway, I'm looking forward to better access to seeing cool pictures and the other goodies forums provide.

cold blood

Staff member
Hello,

I'm new to tarantulas and the forum, but keep a few invertebrates and other herps. I don't expect I'll post much here, but I do want to be able to ask questions. I'm looking for a Grammostola pulchra for my first spider, and it's been difficult to find, despite it being touted as a great beginner species. In some hobbies, the harder they are to breed (as I'm learning G. pulchra is), the less a species is recommended for beginners. Ease of keeping seems to be the dominant factor in making such recommendations in the tarantula world, I see. It's foiling my evil plan!!! Ah, well. I'd rather wait for a healthy specimen from a quality source. Anyway, I'm looking forward to better access to seeing cool pictures and the other goodies forums provide.
They are around, just not cheap. Be patient, they pop up fairly regularly.

Ease of breeding plays no role in whether a t is a good beginner or not....I could name hundreds of easy to breed ts that would not be suitable (like H. mac or OBT) and many that are rarely bred that are the best. T. cyaneolum just might be the best beginner species...but they're rare, tend to only come over as adult females, so they're almost never ever bred....the only breeding I have heard of was in the UK this summer...Its really all about the general temperament of the species in question more than anything else.

Often pulchra is overlooked, but its because most beginners prefer to start out with a less expensive one first...but you are right, pulchra is a good beginner...pulchripes is just as good though at a fraction of the price. They also grow a lot faster than pulchra as well. They're also more active.
When you hear ts touted as good beginners because they're hardy, it can be very misleading, as almost all ts are very hardy. Most lists you see on the internet of "good beginner species" are absolute garbage and clearly not written by actual tarantula owners.

Beware, there's a ton of bad info out there on ts, way more bad than good...care sheets for example...they're all over the internet, but they are total crap and in many cases, following them will actually kill your t.

This is one of those places you can look to for quality info...real info from real keepers....that you can interact with and have explain things as opposed to a care sheet that's rigid and not very good at explaining its self. There's enough good keepers here that any poor info is quickly corrected and generally explained...that's what you want. Good luck finding your first and welcome to the boards.

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
Well Im going to add my ( or lack there of) two cents and introduce myself. My name is Shannon and I'm new to the world of T ownership. I don't own any Ts as of right now because my living situation isn't ideal but when that changes I'm planning on buying either a G. rosea or Brachypelma smithi.
For now though I'm looking up any and all information on tarantulas and learning from everyone here.
I would urge you not to get a rosea. Easily the most boring and inactive t on the planet...plus they go on long random bouts of fasting that can last over a year. Hard to learn anything from them when they do nothing. I speak from experience...got a rose hair, and after 10 years I still wasn't very well educated on her...got a juvie G. pulchripes and learned more from that t in a few months than learned from a rosie in nearly a decade.....I was blown away...that rosie gave me the totally wrong impression of tarantulas.

Welcome to the boards.

Mjb30

Arachnosquire
Hello all!

This is my first post here and on any invert forum. I’ve wanted a T since the age of around 9/10 and after 27 years and much researching on here my beautiful B.albopilosum arrived this morning.

My first degree was in Zoology so my invert knowledge is pretty good but this forum has been absolutely fantastic in terms of easy-to-access advanced knowledge and wisdom. I can only imagine how different T keeping must have been pre-internet with much more trial and error.

So, for those that are reading I just want to say a huge thank you for AB existing and everyone contributing and offering their expertise.

Here is my lovely juvenile B.albopilosum (1”+ body length) whom for now I’m calling Tiny. She seemed extremely relaxed after rehoming and has already taken down a small cricket (under her in this pic).

Thanks again to everyone and here’s hoping the hobby doesn’t take over my life ;)

MJ

Attachments

TarantulaNoobie

Arachnopeon
Hey I'm Reece from the UK, I'm a dad that wanted to get into Tarantulas both because they interest me and because i don't want my son to be so afraid like I have been my whole life, I recently bought my first two slings, one around 3cm (Brachypelma Ablopilosum) and one around 1cm (Nhandu Chromatus) so i thought i'd join a forum, Hey everyone!

Scarabyte

Arachnosquire
Hi I'm Cassandra from the US, I just recently got interested in Tarantulas and other inverts and am planning on getting my first (G. Pulchripes) Soon!

Langfords

Arachnopeon
Hi! I live in the UK and have been considering owning a spider for a looong time (am now looking at getting something in January/February). I've owned a ton of reptiles & currently have a little Royal Python - compared to the tarantulas, I think he's pretty tame :p

TarantulaNoobie

Arachnopeon
Hi! I live in the UK and have been considering owning a spider for a looong time (am now looking at getting something in January/February). I've owned a ton of reptiles & currently have a little Royal Python - compared to the tarantulas, I think he's pretty tame :p
I've got a California corn snake and a bearded dragon, I got a couple of spiderlings a few days ago, i've been terrified of spiders my whole life but currently I own two little tarantulas and i've already watched one make it's burrow, personally it's well worth it, such interesting little beasts!! :)

Wir Ryanata

Arachnopeon
4CDBA9F6-1687-40A3-835A-2D52CC06D807.jpeg Hi I am Wir, from Bali, Indonesia. I just got my first Brachypelma Boehmei 2 weeks ago. Hope i can learn many usefull things from this forum, how to be a good keeper. Thanks

Twright223

Arachnopeon
Whats going on everyone

Since i haven't introduced myself on here yet my names Tyler and I've been keeping basic inverts and other reptiles for most of my life. But the past 5 years I've really gotten into the hobby heavy and started keeping all kinds of inverts. For some reason i never made an account until a few months ago, I'm looking forward to being on here and talking with you all.