Introduce Yourself

AprilRain

Arachnopeon
Hi all, new user and new Tarantula Owner that just wanted to say Hi

My first T which is The Brazilian whiteknee tarantula (Acanthoscurria geniculata) is due to be delivered in the next few weeks and I am mega excited :)

ARTarantula

Arachnopeon
Thought I would just introduce myself, laptop engineer and late to the tarantula hobby but looking forward to owning a Colbolt Blue one day.....

AlbaArachnid

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I have been browsing the forums for awhile now and thought I should say hello. Never kept any Arachnids before but started researching Scorpions after hearing about a population of Euscorpius flavicaudis in the UK. From there I found myself looking at Tarantulas and I was hooked. I have a Euscorpius carpathicus adult and a juvie Grammostola pulchripes on the way and hope to acquire more when I have the basics down. The only trouble is deciding which species :D.

Souppe

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone !
The name's Souppe, I'm a young frenchy interested by Ts. I never owned one or ever seen a real one, unfortunately. I don't plan on owning a T yet but I fell in love with them and want to learn and talk about them via people sharing their experiences.
Aaaaand that's it, I wish you all a happy new year and look forward to see all your beautiful Ts !

PS: Sorry if my English isn't always perfect, as I said I'm French and 16, so I sometimes get mixed up.

Octavia aura

Arachnopeon
Hello All,
My name is Lynne and I am finally back to the hobby after over 15 years (I am 44!). As a teenager I had three adorable T’s: A. avicularia, Brachypelma boehmi and A. juruensis (gorgeous!). My mum was awesome looking after them while I was at uni because the hall of residence would not allow any creatures (even my friend’s goldfish was sent home!)
I have just rejoined BTS and am stunned by the fantastic range of new species available in the 21st century
Being a little rusty, I am going for a hardy species, a Chaco - her cage is all ready to go, just awaiting the inhabitant next week! Exciting times!
Good to be on here learning (again) and meeting fellow arachnoholics!

Last edited:

Mushy

Arachnopeon
Hi guys
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team

Hi
My names shelly I’m looking for help with an eye problem in my Pacman frog. I’ve not used forums before, I’ve managed to find a previous thread and popped a comment on there but I don’t think it will get noticed.
But I’m not sure where I post my own stuff?
I’m a complete newbie to forum lol sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

Marcus D

Arachnopeon
Hello friends, ive been getting into the world of scorps these past couple months, i currently own C. gracilis and a H. arizonensis which was given to me by a friend who didnt want her anymore and i think shes gravid but with little exp with arachnids i havent got an idea. i can happily post pics and such if need be. i have 2 years of handling Hot reptiles i know the safety guidelines when working with these animals.

My names Marc btw

Arachnid lover

Arachnopeon
Hello from Portland, Oregon! I'm quite fond of millipedes, beetles, and isopods.
I'm from the Portland, Oregon area too!

Hello, everyone. My name is Jessica, and I live just a few miles outside Portland, Oregon. Growing up, I always had an assortment of pets, and loved all animals in general but never really had an interest in keeping tarantulas or scorpions A few years ago, I bought my first snakes and then recently from there I developed an interest in tarantulas and scorpions. I currently don't own any t's or scorpions, but I am planning on getting a Dictator Emperor Scorpion and a tarantula (not sure which kind yet though). I'm hoping to find a T at an upcoming expo I'm going to and I'm getting my first scorpion online from Underground reptiles.

Marcus D

Arachnopeon
Hello, everyone. My name is Jessica, and I live just a few miles outside Portland, Oregon. Growing up, I always had an assortment of pets, and loved all animals in general but never really had an interest in keeping tarantulas or scorpions A few years ago, I bought my first snakes and then recently from there I developed an interest in tarantulas and scorpions. I currently don't own any t's or scorpions, but I am planning on getting a Dictator Emperor Scorpion and a tarantula (not sure which kind yet though). I'm hoping to find a T at an upcoming expo I'm going to and I'm getting my first scorpion online from Underground reptiles.
Very cool, the dictators are going to be an amazing first scorpion! My first was a Florida Bark.. wish I would have acquired
something alittle less dangerous hehe.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I’m looking for help with an eye problem in my Pacman frog. I’ve not used forums before, I’ve managed to find a previous thread and popped a comment on there but I don’t think it will get noticed.
But I’m not sure where I post my own stuff?
You can start a new thread here: Not So Spineless Wonders.

cold blood

Staff member
I'm getting my first scorpion online from Underground reptiles.
While I don't know the specific place, its generally wise not to buy or shop reptile stores for arachnids. There a plethora of places specializing in arachnids. Often things aren't identified right, or are taken care of according to reptile guidelines, and while there is a loos connection between the two hobbies, when it comes to husbandry, they are vastly different.

Good luck with your first(s)...hope the expo is a good one for you.

Last edited:

Jonroe

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I'm a tarantula/scorpion caretaker from germany. I've been lurking around different boards around the web for years, beginning this year I decided to looking into joining some community online.
Im not too fond of what there is in my first language and I find myself mostly being on this board now. So I think I'll give this group a shot, I'll introduce myself real quick.

My name is Jonas, Im from Germany. I've been keeping T's for six years, right now I take care over 9 animals. Two Scorpions and seven spiders.
I got my first spider from a pet store and I was the best example of running into a store with no clue. I started with mostly literature and after that got into resarching on the internet.
As my first spider said pet store sold me a P. Cambridgei. The second spider, from the same store, an A. Geniculata. These two tought me alot, I kept them for around four years before I started to really expand my "collection". Thou that was mostly due to the fact I was living at home back then.
Got my own place now, with much room for large spiders in the future. ;)

Now you know my name and what I've been up to in the hobby so far, cheers!

Arachnoclown

Arachnosquire
My names Marc btw
Welcome to AB Marc

Hello,

I'm a tarantula/scorpion caretaker from germany. I've been lurking around different boards around the web for years, beginning this year I decided to looking into joining some community online.
Im not too fond of what there is in my first language and I find myself mostly being on this board now. So I think I'll give this group a shot, I'll introduce myself real quick.

My name is Jonas, Im from Germany. I've been keeping T's for six years, right now I take care over 9 animals. Two Scorpions and seven spiders.
I got my first spider from a pet store and I was the best example of running into a store with no clue. I started with mostly literature and after that got into resarching on the internet.
As my first spider said pet store sold me a P. Cambridgei. The second spider, from the same store, an A. Geniculata. These two tought me alot, I kept them for around four years before I started to really expand my "collection". Thou that was mostly due to the fact I was living at home back then.
Got my own place now, with much room for large spiders in the future. ;)

Now you know my name and what I've been up to in the hobby so far, cheers!
Welcome Jonas...theres alot of experienced scorpion/tarantula keepers on here.

FatherOfDragnz

Arachnopeon
Hello, new around here and found these forums while doing some additional research after lots of YouTube.

Recently got my first T and ready for more lol