Introduce Yourself

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
Hello everyone. My name is Dan Button and Im from New Hampshire,USA. I have tossed around the idea of getting into the T hobby for several years but only plucked up the courage a couple months ago. Now I have full on Tarantula Fever and I try and learn something new every day about the hobby!

I look forward to expanding my knowledge and being a part of this awesome community.

Attachments

NatureJay

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, my name's Jay, im 30 years old and live on the small island of St.Lucia. Ive always been interested in having pets everyone else were afraid of and ultimately i was never able to get them. Im an animal guy at heart and grew up on NatGeo and Discovery channels

Ive never had any inverts but im getting ready to dive in. I look forward to meeting you guys, learning and being a part of the community.

Francesco

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,
my name is Francesco, I am Italian, but I live in Dresden (Germany) where I work as a chemist.
I am very interested in nature and I love to keep especially invertebrates. I keep several species of ants (where my main experience is), one species of mantis, and Drosophila sp. and Tenebrio molitor as feeders.
What brings me here is having more info about my Orange Spotted Assassin Bug.
Greetings from the beautiful city of Dresden
Francesco

ArachnoLAM

Arachnopeon
Hello,

My name is Larry. I am a biologist and a teacher/professor in Illinois. I have a fair number of tarantulas and scorpions for a number of years. I am brand new to arachnoboards. I need advice on how to post a new thread to get help on breeding issues. I need someone to spell this out for me. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Hello,

My name is Larry. I am a biologist and a teacher/professor in Illinois. I have a fair number of tarantulas and scorpions for a number of years. I am brand new to arachnoboards. I need advice on how to post a new thread to get help on breeding issues. I need someone to spell this out for me. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
Welcome to the boards! Plenty of people should be able to help you with breeding questions. What you want to do, is go to the forums section under the main tab, click on tarantula questions and discussions, and there should be a large brown button at the top that says start a new thread. There you can format your question, post it, and people can reply to it. You’ll receive notifications whenever there’s activity on your post or a post you’ve contributed to.

ArachnoLAM

Arachnopeon
Welcome to the boards! Plenty of people should be able to help you with breeding questions. What you want to do, is go to the forums section under the main tab, click on tarantula questions and discussions, and there should be a large brown button at the top that says start a new thread. There you can format your question, post it, and people can reply to it. You’ll receive notifications whenever there’s activity on your post or a post you’ve contributed to.
Thank you so much. It worked. I started my first official thread. You were a great help.

Last edited:

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Thank you so much. I filled in the title of the thread as “Breeding Success in Tarantulas” and hit go. An error message says “please enter a valid message”. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.
You have to enter some type of content to the post, so you title it and then add the details of your question/issue in the text box beneath. At least I think that’s what would cause that kind of an error.

ArachnoLAM

Arachnopeon
You have to enter some type of content to the post, so you title it and then add the details of your question/issue in the text box beneath. At least I think that’s what would cause that kind of an error.
That helped. I finally got it to work. Hopefully I can get some help on getting egg sac production.

Kross

Arachnopeon
Hello from Charlestown, Indiana. I have a fondness for Tarantulas, Scorpions, and various reptiles.

Quinnk74

Arachnopeon
Hello from SLC, UT. love tarantulas most of all, but quite fond of scorpions, insects, and reptiles.

codicez

Arachnosquire
Hi Guys!!! My name is Peppe and since I was kid I was always fascinating by insects,spiders in particular... When I was a baby I had " bad experience " about them, I was basically next to a tree and one spider climb on my arm, I panicked and try to throw him away but thanks to his web he was climbing back on me... From that time I start to be scary of them...
After that kid memory I been living in Australia where looking and finding huge spider in your wardrobe was a daily event... Funnell Spider, the redback or the famous huge Huntsman!
During this period I beat my fear of spider and just recently I have been watching lots of videos on Internet and found out that I could get spider as " pet " just ordereing them Online! I'm livin in London..
Since few weeks I proudly have 3 "spiderPet" in my room!
1 Avicularia metallic SP Colombia Spiderling
1 Cyriocosmus Perezmilesi Spiderling
1 Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens " GBB " Juvenile

Hopefully to get some feedback from who is in the hobbies since long time =D
Sorry for my english, I hope is understandable for the most of you!

Peace
Peppe

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Hi Guys!!! My name is Peppe and since I was kid I was always fascinating by insects,spiders in particular... When I was a baby I had " bad experience " about them, I was basically next to a tree and one spider climb on my arm, I panicked and try to throw him away but thanks to his web he was climbing back on me... From that time I start to be scary of them...
After that kid memory I been living in Australia where looking and finding huge spider in your wardrobe was a daily event... Funnell Spider, the redback or the famous huge Huntsman!
During this period I beat my fear of spider and just recently I have been watching lots of videos on Internet and found out that I could get spider as " pet " just ordereing them Online! I'm livin in London..
Since few weeks I proudly have 3 "spiderPet" in my room!
1 Avicularia metallic SP Colombia Spiderling
1 Cyriocosmus Perezmilesi Spiderling
1 Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens " GBB " Juvenile

Hopefully to get some feedback from who is in the hobbies since long time =D
Sorry for my english, I hope is understandable for the most of you!

Peace
Peppe
Peppe? 'Peppe' like 'Zio Peppino', by chance? :playful:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Hello everyone,
my name is Francesco, I am Italian, but I live in Dresden (Germany) where I work as a chemist.
I am very interested in nature and I love to keep especially invertebrates. I keep several species of ants (where my main experience is), one species of mantis, and Drosophila sp. and Tenebrio molitor as feeders.
What brings me here is having more info about my Orange Spotted Assassin Bug.
Greetings from the beautiful city of Dresden
Francesco
Oh, another Italian, finally :angelic:

RedCrow

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hello, my name is Laura. I'm here on the suggestion of one of the helpful employees at my local pet store. My tarantula, a Mexican Red Leg, who was supposed to be female turned out to be male. He hit sexual maturity and began escape attempts from his enclosure. He will not eat or drink and is wasting away. I am hoping to find someone with a female that is interested in breeding. Perhaps I can at least give him a better ending to his life?

Nightshady

Dislike Harvester
Hello, my name is Laura. I'm here on the suggestion of one of the helpful employees at my local pet store. My tarantula, a Mexican Red Leg, who was supposed to be female turned out to be male. He hit sexual maturity and began escape attempts from his enclosure. He will not eat or drink and is wasting away. I am hoping to find someone with a female that is interested in breeding. Perhaps I can at least give him a better ending to his life?
Welcome! I think there is a specific forum for people looking for mates for their mature T’s. Best to pose this thread there, as no one will see it here.