Introduce Yourself

silverhaze269

Arachnopeon
Hi all! I'm Amy, and I'm brand new at keeping T's, so I thought this would be an awesome place for resources. I've never really been one for spiders, but for some reason the bigger they are, the less intimidated by them I am - so to help me get more comfortable with spiders in general, I'm now the proud owner of a B. Smithi (I think - I was told it's a "mexican flame tarantula"). I also have 2 ball pythons, a corn snake, 2 crested geckos, and 2 kitties - so although I'm brand new to keeping tarantulas, I'm not new to keeping exotic pets - I've also had green anoles and green tree frogs in the past.

I look forward to browsing around on the boards and reading up as much as I can!

GRobbins

Arachnopeon
Greetings! It doesn't look like anyone has posted much since 2005.. but I keep getting told to use this as a resource, so here I am.
My name is Gauge and I've decided to go about starting the path to become an entomologist. I've always had a huge fascination with scorpions and spiders and such and have recently found an interest in giant centipedes as well.

Bizzritnizz

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is Brittany I am 23 living in Nebraska, USA I currently have a female Nhandu Coloratovillosus named Sansa. It's been a few years since I've had a T, I was heartbroken after my last one which was a male Chilean Rose Hair named Peaches (my very first T I thought he was a girl for the longest, still my sweetest most stable T I ever had and died due to unknown reasons and I hadn't had another until Sansa) and during Peaches I got an Avicularia avicularia spiderling and I was afraid that I would end up killing it so I gave it back due to my lack of knowledge on raising a spiderling. I've grown up a bit and I've been researching Ts for a while now. I love coming here for advice and help I haven't been in a few years but I just got my new T 2 weeks ago so I'm excited to be back in the community

Pokie11

Arachnosquire
Hey there. My name is Paula and I'm 17 years old. I am slim (I suppose) and medium high (169 cm), I have brown wavy hair and bangs along with brown and green eyes.I live in Czech republic, in a small village. I am studying on gymnasium, and I want to become a veterinarian. I have always had a lot if animals since I was young, and I still have a lot these days. I have a lot of tarantulas (around 15 now, because I had to say goodbye to few of my MM), and I'm really addicted to this hobby. I got my first tarantula 5 years ago.

(Next week is the biggest reptile show in our state *soo many new additions* * so excited*)

Other than tarantulas, I have some scorps, geckos, and stick insects too.

cold blood

Staff member
Greetings! It doesn't look like anyone has posted much since 2005..
What??? This thread originated in 2005, since then there has been 312 PAGES of replies...its an active thread and a very active forum.....In fact I would challenge you to find almost any forum as active as this one.

Welcome to the boards.

LdLrLyChLd

Arachnosquire
748C8B9D-2F15-4C6A-87C1-BA5D59455E0C.jpeg 2CB0598C-3C7D-4ADD-8054-A19B21F817B6.jpeg Hello! 28 year old garden and creature nerd!
New to the hobby, recently acquired 2 spiderlings:
A. Geniculata and
Y. Diversipes
Hopefully many more to come (hopefully with support from
Roommate and partner lol)
Been researching for years and finally got these 2 beauties.

Teddy Vo

Arachnopeon
what up y'all, I'm ted, I own lots of stuff except for T's, open to trades and purchases, thats all.

Levi The Human

Arachnopeon
Hello all,
My name is Levi. I have just joined after finding the forum via a search for Tarantula keeping information. I am located in Fresno, CA.
I have not kept a Tarantula since I was 15, which was 20 years ago. My interest in spiders has been peaked again because my two sons have been into watching the jumping spiders in our backyard and we observed some wild T’s migrating recently on a hike by our house. So far my boys and I have been keeping three Bold Jumping Spiders and have decided to add a T or two to our collection. I will be checking out the classifieds for a good couple of T’s for us beginners. We have already acquired the housing materials. Thank you for the great resource of information here, we are learning more everyday.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
What??? This thread originated in 2005, since then there has been 312 PAGES of replies...its an active thread and a very active forum.....In fact I would challenge you to find almost any forum as active as this one.

Welcome to the boards.
Okay, @cold blood , I guess it's time to let you know the site's darkest secret. It is a ghost site. All of these posts. All of the threads. Everything. It's me. Except for your posts and threads. You and I are the only two active members here. Everytime somebody left the site, I've taken up their identities so the site does not die entirely. Nobody actually joins anymore, you were actually the last person to start an account, so to make it seem constantly fresh, this thread was created by me for me to join and introduce myself. I'm the guys/gals who encourages/discourages handling. My tarantula loves to listen to bass guitar and I plan to tie up mice and feed them to my tarantulas. I berate myself for considering an OW as a first tarantula and suggest to myself that if I am careful, I can successfully keep them. It is a terrible burden, but somebody has to do it. I am also of course the webmasters. Scott and Debby have been gone after about a year after they started the place. That's right, " @MrDeranged " moved on to start a Death-Metal ukulele band and " @Satanika " tours the country with a troupe of Molly Ringwald impersonators. I also moderate myself (rather poorly) and have had to whack myself with the ban stick on a few occasions.

But it has been a lot of work. I'm getting tired of the facade and my time too shall pass and you will inherit the burden until a worthy successor arrives to replace you. I'm also sick of ordering tarantulas from myself in the classifieds forum only to sell them back to me, by the way

How's THAT for a plot twist?!

Oh, I almost forgot...welcome to the site, me!

Snoozy

Arachnopeon
Hello all- my name is Suzanna. Have read about and wanted trantulas for years and finally got 2 about 2 or 3 months ago and have acquired a 3rd just this past week! Totally in love and addicted now! I have a Brazilian Giant White Knee (Aragog), a Greenbottle Blue (Ophelia), and my newest is a Pumpkin Patch (Jack). Already researching for what I want next!! Read SO much on this site that it just made sense to join!

iGotTarantulas

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, I'm Al and I got into tarantulas through a YouTube video a while ago, my old T that was a sling died mysteriously, I gave it water, fed it every 3 days, etc. But anyway I'm getting a green bottle blue and I'm still looking for a good seller :/, so if you know one please hit me up. (My old sling was a 3/4" Chaco golden knee)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Hello all,

Since when I was young, I used to love to catch a house nearby spiders to have them as pets, by throwing an ant or two into all webbed burrow and lure a spider out.

I didn’t know back then, but now I know it was Paracoelotes spinivulva.

And here I am all grown up, waiting for my tarantulas to be arrived. Having a tarantula pet is really a dream come true for me. I REALLY wanted one ever since I was young.

I am so gald to be a part of awesome friendly know a lot Arachnoboards.com community!!!
Friendly huh, that's a first.

Gossamer

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, I'm from Ontario, Toronto area. I've had a small collection (9) of Ts for about 3 years now. I have a huge soft spot for my E. Campestratus. Even my friends who are arachnophobic admit that she's pretty cute. I can't say I've been interested in inverts in the past - to be honest my origin story is rather petty. During a zookeeper's presentation in high school many years ago, the keeper took out an adult tarantula and asked if anyone would like to hold it. The class was terrified, I was terrified - but I volunteered to hold the T because everyone else was scared and I wanted to look cool :bag:. I'm sorry, I was young and didn't know any better :sorry: But the moment that fuzzy baby walked onto my palms, I was in love. I really wish I could remember what sp. it was.

Many years later, I've rediscovered my love for Ts, and I have a very strict see-see-no-touch policy. Hope to learn more from the community here :) good for info, but bad for keeping my collection small, lol.

Tubbs

Arachnopeon
Hello from Oxford, England. Love the site; what a terrific resource it is! I've had a couple of Ts in the past, and a whole bunch o' mantids. This year I've found myself getting really enthusiastic about "true" spiders, and have enjoyed getting to know my local British species. I've also acquired a few species of speedy Sparrasids - I'm a little nervous of them, and I hope that my confidence keeps growing faster than they do :anxious: Also proud owner of some awesome (but tiny) orangey Phidippus regius which are the ones I'd really like to breed (although my fear is that all 4 turn out to be female!) Definitely room on my shelves for a few more species, but I never see many for sale that aren't horrifically huge/venomous or only emerge for a few seconds each year. Anyway, happy spidering everyone!

DratzKennedy

Arachnopeon
I am really not sure if i am doing this correctly, but i am trying to figure out how i can go about making posts. Any help is appriciated

Greetings! It doesn't look like anyone has posted much since 2005.. but I keep getting told to use this as a resource, so here I am.
My name is Gauge and I've decided to go about starting the path to become an entomologist. I've always had a huge fascination with scorpions and spiders and such and have recently found an interest in giant centipedes as well.

DratzKennedy

Arachnopeon
Okay, lol....quick question, how do i make a post on a forum, i am new to arachnoboards and still trying to learn the ins and outs. I have made a profile and figured all of thag stuff out but i am wanting to learn nore about how i can start threads and make posts. I appriciate any help given.

Hi all! I'm Amy, and I'm brand new at keeping T's, so I thought this would be an awesome place for resources. I've never really been one for spiders, but for some reason the bigger they are, the less intimidated by them I am - so to help me get more comfortable with spiders in general, I'm now the proud owner of a B. Smithi (I think - I was told it's a "mexican flame tarantula"). I also have 2 ball pythons, a corn snake, 2 crested geckos, and 2 kitties - so although I'm brand new to keeping tarantulas, I'm not new to keeping exotic pets - I've also had green anoles and green tree frogs in the past.

I look forward to browsing around on the boards and reading up as much as I can!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Okay, lol....quick question, how do i make a post on a forum, i am new to arachnoboards and still trying to learn the ins and outs. I have made a profile and figured all of thag stuff out but i am wanting to learn nore about how i can start threads and make posts. I appriciate any help given.
Go to tarantula chat on the main forum page. Click create new thread in the upper right corner.

TheRedKnee

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, Sam here from the UK. Been interested in the hobby for a while now but finally took the challenge and have my first T on the way! I have a sling Mexican Red Knee arriving next week, very excited! Thought i'd join the forum to gain some more wisdom as I'm always willing to learn!